[FM23] Macedonian Fantasy League System!

image.thumb.png.bb46c2e1daba7b2c98c34ad2df8fb19d.png

Hey everyone!

Today I wanted to share with you all something that I've been quietly working on for the last few months or so, and that is a completely new Macedonian league system made from scratch. This meant taking the existing Macedonian database AND THROWING ALMOST EVERY SINGLE PART OF IT OUT OF THE WINDOW, in order to completely start from fresh.

Now some of you may ask "Why N. Macedonia? Why not a nation like England?".

- First of all, I'm not English, and as such I don't really understand the truly small details that make some clubs the way they are. However, as I am Macedonian, I do have the ability to somewhat accurately depict Macedonian clubs and culture through the silly Microsoft Excel game we all know and love.
- Secondly, as Macedonia is a country of roughly 2 million people, it made for the perfect place to create a new league system. It's not too small for it to be like 1 to 2 leagues, but it isn't too big where its just a mess of several league levels that get progressively and progressively more bloated.
- And finally, I guess for the fun of it, and as a small challenge for myself.

Now what does this file actually contain?

Well it contains a complete rebrand of all facets of Macedonian football!
image.thumb.png.429c81a4e1f18f451f5b75a2d95dc8dc.png

This includes adding in new competitions (Macedonian Premier League and regional cups), creating new kits for the Macedonian national team (about time) and new logos made by yours truly!

Another new thing we added is of course, the new league structure!
image.thumb.png.86f4f30d7f970ba3934c2c5434f8b3d1.png

The new leagues take a slight but not drastic deviation to real life. Whilst the top two divisions are national, the number of teams they have is changed (12 in the top tier to 16, and 16 in the 2nd tier to 18). Also unlike their real life counterparts, there will be prize money in them (take notes FFM ;) )
The lower leagues though take a bigger change. The 3rd tier now has 4 groups instead of the standard 5, and the 4th tier has a definite 8 groups instead of whatever magic globe decides the actual amount of leagues in real life (which is why I'm making this instead of an actual Macedonian leagues file).

The cup however has take the biggest change of them all. All clubs in the Macedonian league pyramid will compete in the cup, compared to the 30 that do so in its real life counterpart. There will be 2 qualifying rounds, which will be held between the teams in the 2. MFL and 3. MFL. Afterwards the qualified teams are joined by the teams in the MPL and 1. MFL.

Now as for the teams themselves, they are slowly going to be pieced together. At the beginning of this project, I had set myself the task to make every team in the Premier League and 1.MFL their very own logos and kits, along with a few lower league sides that would be very interesting to manage.

So far, I've done all the logos and kits for the following listed here in the spoiler:

Spoiler

Macedonian Premier League!
image.thumb.png.578204cb983c8d5ed6804037fe523f29.png

1. Macedonian Football League
image.thumb.png.a3014163916cc49fff6bb2c148d9ed0b.png

I also intend on making a few "Meet the Club" graphics, so you can get a better idea of some of the clubs in the project.

How to install:
- Place the .fmf file in the editor data folder in Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2023\editor data
- (optional) Place the graphics in the graphics folder in Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2023\graphics
- Open FM23
- Select MKDFantasyLeague editor data file in the Career Game Setup window.
- Enjoy. :)

MKDFantasyLeague.fmfmflfantasy-graphics.zip

If you have any questions or recommendations, let me know and I'll answer them as quickly as I can.

Edited by aeightBee

PROGRESS

Macedonian Premier League (MPL):

• Deciding clubs that'll compete in the league: DONE
  • Competition history: DONE
  • Logos and kits: DONE
  • Adding teams to the FM database: DONE
  • Adding awards: DONE
  • Adding players: DONE
  • Adding details to clubs: DONE
  • Released: DONE

1. Macedonian Football League (1.MFL):

• Deciding clubs that'll compete in the league: DONE
  • Competition history: DONE
  • Logos and kits: DONE
  • Adding awards: DONE
  • Adding players: DONE

2. Macedonian Football League (2.MFL):

• Logos and kits: WORK IN PROGRESS
  • Adding players: WORK IN PROGRESS

3. Macedonian Football League (3.MFL):

• Logos and kits: WORK IN PROGRESS
  • Adding players: WORK IN PROGRESS
Edited by aeightBee

CHANGELOG:

- League rules changed (registration, FFP)
- Fixed issues with cup (fixture dates and Final venue)
- Clubs have legends now (some real and others fake)
- Younger players in MPL teams given homegrown status with the team they start off at
- Some color changes to teams
- New graphics added, including certain team logos and competition patches

- Initial release version

IN GAME SCREENSHOTS

Macedonian Premier League (MPL)
image.png.98f6857b8f5bcfa8224e1729af318fd2.png

1. Macedonian Football League (1.MFL)
image.png.d996872b7b50e4dcc71d84cfa78dc565.png

Edited by aeightBee

Good news, I've managed to add all the MPL clubs with their kits and some small details aswell. Now began work on some of the 1.MFL logos and kits and hopefully should have that finished by the end of the week. In the meantime I'll also be making some "meet the club" graphic for the top 4 teams (RB Skopje, Mogila, Skenderbeu and 8 September).

1 ora fa, aeightBee ha scritto:

I have no release date in mind right now for the file as of this moment, but I will post one once I have everything sorted.

Ok, thank you very much for your answer

Good news, all the teams in the 1. Macedonian League have been added, complete with their own logos and kits! The 2.MFL and 3.MFL wont be as in-depth as the previous ones but I will still make sure that some certain teams will be given some special treatment to make sure the fit in naturally.

On 19/01/2023 at 12:26, Rob 396 said:

And if you need any new trophies, it's always cool to find Macedonian plates/platters on Google - a nice Bundesliga type trophy, but with a Macedonian flavour :brock:

image.png.6112a5ae37981ad5b4e77e3e8fdb1ecd.png

image.png.fa4e034a9fc33d6ffc48d9e8d44f9788.png

Thanks Rob! I love the gold one, and will most certainly use it for the MPL.

21 hours ago, LazgoNNO2000 said:

i would be pretty cool for you to make Portuguese Fantasy League Stystem

I've made this very clear above, I won't be doing other countries because to do so would be nigh impossible for me.

4 hours ago, aeightBee said:

Good news, all the teams in the 1. Macedonian League have been added, complete with their own logos and kits! The 2.MFL and 3.MFL wont be as in-depth as the previous ones but I will still make sure that some certain teams will be given some special treatment to make sure the fit in naturally.

Thanks Rob! I love the gold one, and will most certainly use it for the MPL.

I've made this very clear above, I won't be doing other countries because to do so would be nigh impossible for me.

so did you replace the old clubs with new ones right

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the lack of updates, I've been busy with college work.

The good news is I've managed to add all the teams to the database. All thats left now is adding the rules to the leagues and giving the lower league teams some more details. Other than that I've decided to scrap the regional cups and make the Kup an FA cup styled competition where everyone will compete. I'll update the graphic to show as such when I have the time to update it

Good news, with the fact that I've essentially finished adding in the history for all the leagues in the file, whilst also adding in all the details I would've wanted, I've decided to schedule the release date for the 18th of February!

I'll post screenshots of the file in-game in due course.

Il 13/2/2023 in 22:27 , aeightBee ha scritto:

Good news, with the fact that I've essentially finished adding in the history for all the leagues in the file, whilst also adding in all the details I would've wanted, I've decided to schedule the release date for the 18th of February!

I'll post screenshots of the file in-game in due course.

It'll be also graphics pack?

• aeightBee changed the title to [FM23] Macedonian Fantasy League System!

Updated the file to 1.1 to contain new league rules in regards to U21s and finally added FFP. I've also fixed the cup round scheduling as rounds would sometimes be delayed into January which shouldn't be happening.