Continental regions

Samuel77

Hello to all,

Does anyone know if it is possible to create this kind of region?
I see that you can change the countries inside (while keeping them in their continent) or even "open" one.
What impact does this have on the transfer preferences ?
Has anyone ever played with this to make a project ?
I'm just curious, nothing specific .

image.thumb.png.ff0c104dea3de7f74066650f7960ba9e.png

image.png.bc58f26facc37768d12106be9eba3778.png

image.thumb.png.5812e0af5907af512d63bda828f7a421.png

image.png.d8f2cd91e38779633f523e330531242c.png

For transfer preferences I have used them in the Iron Curtain and they work there. Changing them in name and such isn't possible. They appear to do something for names in some cases, I have seen that happen when changing regions for nations in the Iron Curtain 22, but not as I intended or hoped it would do.

I was sure you would have an answer :lol:
Ok so it's impossible to create or rename them and it has a wider impact than the transfer preference... It means that you can just move countries around inside. It's interesting to "create" a new world !
Will you use it in your new project ?

10 hours ago, Samuel77 said:

I was sure you would have an answer :lol:
Ok so it's impossible to create or rename them and it has a wider impact than the transfer preference... It means that you can just move countries around inside. It's interesting to "create" a new world !
Will you use it in your new project ?

What is your first guess? ;)

Il y a 6 heures, Wolf_pd a dit :

What is your first guess? ;)

You will use it !
For several years I have had an idea in mind but I am never satisfied... There is a piece missing from my puzzle.
My base will probably be the First Empire, modelled on the Brazilian model with provincial championships. But I would like each province to keep its identity. For example, the Italian clubs should be mainly composed of Italians, the Dutch of Dutch and so on.
This must be done through the Squad Registration options and probably through the kind of trick I was asking about.
The easiest way to do this would be to build this league using Continental Rules with a promotion/relegation system and make the state championships in each country concerned to regulate the transfer market more easily, but what bothers me about this is that the matches played would appear in the players' history as a continental competition... I don't like it and if I use the secondary divisions I come back to the problem of the composition of the squads :seagull: :lol:
I will follow your last project carefully, I find it really innovative!

Edited by Samuel77

47 minutes ago, Samuel77 said:

but what bothers me about this is that the matches played would appear in the players' history as a continental competition...

I too hate that! I really wish player history pages would just show all apps etc. rather than only league. Especially annoying since they've now renamed it Total Apps, despite only showing league apps still. WTF?

On the plus side though, doing it that way would show the national flags by the teams on the league page which does look pretty cool!

This is what I am trying to do

image.thumb.png.f47ffa4813daad3aa194b3bfd21bc499.png

In dark green it would be a single entity, in light green different entities (North Italia, South Italia, Spain, part of Germany, etc.).
So a Championship for each and then a kind of Super League regrouping all these countries on several levels.
I need to find out which are the local regions in dark green FM on the Balkan side and the light green ones on the German and Polish side.

EDIT: As far as the Balkan part is concerned, perhaps it would be better to create a Balkan League in order to avoid seeing teams such as Dinamo or Partizan languishing in the second division. The same goes for the Polish part. So why not also create a Super League (Visegrad) as well as for the Baltic countries and the Levan countries.

Edited by Samuel77