MLS 2 teams - staff contracts

So I don't know if this is a bug or part of the game or it is just my team, STL CITY SC. Also this is my first time doing an MLS save. 

I have started a save with STL. there is a two part issue with hiring staff specifically for my B Team and my first team scouts... 

Scouts

I have to wait for a few weeks into my save in order for me to be able to offer scouts a full wage.. if I don't wait and try to hire right away, the offer caps at around $30k per year... when I wait, I can offer upwards to $170k per year.

B Team Staff

for this, i cant offer anything any staff anything but around $40k per year. no matter what I do, it doesn't change. I plan on waiting until the B Team competition starts and see what happens.

With that, I have asked to raise coach salaries but denied. I don't understand why an MLS team would have such a low salary cap for their B team. This doesn't make sense for the first team scouts either, why I have to wait and then can magically offer appropriate wages. 

Is anyone else getting this? is it a bug? as it been addressed elsewhere?

Cheers

Just fix it with the/an editor (I don't know if this is a bug or not) but MLS is seriously broken, has been for years.  You'll have to use the/an editor long term regardless anyway in order to fix/sort/increase the salary caps in line to stay competitive with the rest of the world (ala Spanish Leagues, also broken in this regard).

That said however, MLS/USA salary caps are very low in real life (comparatively to other countries that have caps, never mind countries/leagues that don't) so this will always be something you'll fighting against.

Edited by Maviarab

18 hours ago, Maviarab said:

Just fix it with the/an editor (I don't know if this is a bug or not) but MLS is seriously broken, has been for years.  You'll have to use the/an editor long term regardless anyway in order to fix/sort/increase the salary caps in line to stay competitive with the rest of the world (ala Spanish Leagues, also broken in this regard).

That said however, MLS/USA salary caps are very low in real life (comparatively to other countries that have caps, never mind countries/leagues that don't) so this will always be something you'll fighting against.

Appreciate the comment. 

does SI not fix MLS issues with the winter updates? 

I have tried messing with finances in the editor and nothing seems to work for getting B Team staff wages higher. I DO NOT HAVE EXTENSIVE KNOWLEDGE WITH EDITORS. So I could be missing something. 

what I have done is find unemployed staff that I like and just force them to join team through in game editor. Not realistic but really no other option that I’m aware of. 

The problem is coding a different league structure and particularly the wage caps/budgets...this isn;t a new issue and I'd be amazed if it's fixed in the next update.

That said, however, the info in this thread should help you sort out the caps for the B-Team:

10 hours ago, Maviarab said:

The problem is coding a different league structure and particularly the wage caps/budgets...this isn;t a new issue and I'd be amazed if it's fixed in the next update.

That said, however, the info in this thread should help you sort out the caps for the B-Team:

Hmm. That’s crazy. Thanks. Hopefully they get it all right soon