Players who go against the grain

Yes, frequently.  A lot of the time it's due to either PPMs happening to match up well with what's needed (I found a random crap midfielder last year who had the Shoots With Power and Gets Forward Whenever Possible PPMs, and in the tactic I used in the French 5th division he turned into my top scorer two years running).  The other time I notice it it's a striker who is both big and fast scoring more goals than his not-amazing attributes would suggest.

10 hours ago, Brodie21 said:

Do you ever get a player who's player stats & match ratings are average at best, but always seem to do pretty damn good in matches?

Have a player currently managing Brazil.  So ok..he already good, but compared to the rest of the team, stat wise and PA he probably shpouldn't even be in the 23 man squad. never mind the starting 11, however, he seems to suit my tactic perfectly....outperforms the majority of the 'better star' players regulalry.  First name on the team sheet for me despite his stats.

I have a 6'5 French striker on loan in the English south national league. 

His finishing, dribbling, first touch, technique, anticipation, composure, flair,  are all below the quality of other teams best strikers. Just looking at his attributes he has the skill and pitch IQ of a reluctantly rostered backup at this level and he doesn't have any traits either.

He's huge tho, and pretty athletic. A tale as old as time, but I've never had dominance on this level. I don't remember exact numbers as I'm at work, but he currently has right around 15 goals and 10 assists in 9 games played. Far and away leading the league in average rating with damn near an 8.5. leading in goals. Might be in assists as well, don't remember. 

My other striker who I actually have under contract is a comparable athlete with better all around skills, and he's not performing on the level of his counterpart for some reason.

But the guy is dominant. A target man on support duty. We lump the ball up the field to him, he wins the aerial possession battle and is a master of the flick on. (He does have like 10 passing which it great for a striker at this level)

He just breaks defenses open like walnuts at this level and everyone is benefitting as well, not just a one man show.

I'm not asking questions, just riding the lightning to promotion 😂