Board expectation - what to do?

So, I've decided to go for a great escape type of challenge in the Norwegian league with Tromsø IL. 

1900428808_Skjermbilde2023-01-30182745.png.0a489cb5fffaf612c3355d9fb26663b1.png

This is currently the standing. I just took over the club, and have'nt played a game yet. As you can see, its quite the challenge. Bottom of the table, 8 points just to make the qualifier; even catching that would be difficult, let alone the 12 points needed to make safe ground.

So this challenge is pretty straightforward: survive relegation. Therefore, I would just assume that board expectations are reflecting that. Tromsø is also a club that are tipped as nr 12, and with the 2nd lowest wage budget in the league. In other words, avoiding relegation should pretty much be the expectation to begin with. But no - they are not expecting me to avoid relegation. Thye are demanding that I end in a mid table position??? Which is.. not only a huge overachievment for a club like Tromsø to begin with, but almost mathematically impossible in this situation.

So my question is really; is there even a point playing this save? Lets say I actually pull this through and finish 12th-13th. Wouldnt I probably get the sack anyway? Or is this just some sort of bug'ish thing that happends when you take over a club mid season, and I shouldnt bother giving it any attention? I honestly cant think of another logical explanation than the latter.

Edited by Dougiefresh

Just do your best. I'm currently at war with my board. I got promoted with my possession based tactic then a new chairman came in and demands route one. I refused, he wouldn't budge. I can't and won't give him the bad football he demands. I'm intrigued to see how this plays out. 

11 hours ago, priority76 said:

It's situations such as this which make the in game editor an essential purchase.

I agree. If there is something that is spoiling the game for you and you can change it using the IGE then why not use it?

On 31/01/2023 at 03:23, phnompenhandy said:

Just do your best. I'm currently at war with my board. I got promoted with my possession based tactic then a new chairman came in and demands route one. I refused, he wouldn't budge. I can't and won't give him the bad football he demands. I'm intrigued to see how this plays out. 

Had that in my beta save. 3th season with my relegation candidate/2nd , almost end of August and I had set up the team to play direct  counter attacking football (as was required by the board and also our best shot). New board comes in, provides no money and asks that i play entertaining possession football... luckily by then the full game was out so i just bailed, but defo would have been interesting

5 hours ago, Baodan said:

Slippery slope

That solely depends on your own willpower.  Unfortunately i do agree that the editor has almost become mandatory at this stage and its kinda disgusting they raised the price of it as it hasnt changed

For example, I had a 16y old youth player that blew up because i didnt want to loan him out to a semi pro club with 1 star facilities. its completly nonsensical at times.
Or in the same season the board for no reason at all, didnt allow me to shift the budget around (so not even raising it) and i urgently needed to extend some contracts with release clauses, so i shifted it around manually