Players Highlighted in Green

Those are the changes your assistant is suggesting compared to what you currently have set.  The player in green is the player to come into that position, replacing the player in red.  It gets confusing, as you can see from your screenshot, when he's effectively just suggesting you swap players around.

• Administrators
12 minutes ago, du Garbandier said:

Another useless thing we get. It's a day before the match, so reflects fitness as of that day, and not the following day.

It's taking into account what their fitness will likely be the following day. Even if a player is slightly more recovered the next day (which they will be), in most cases you'll find the assistant has recommended they be left out if they've had a heavy work load or are starting to feel slightly fatigue or tired. 

There's possibly a conflict of "assistants": the pre-game suggestions come from my assistant -- but is that my PA, the unseen hand & voice of FM, or is it my assistant manager, who I've named as the person to pick the players on the matchday tactics page? I ask because another aspect of uselessness is that the same person/character is apparently suggesting one set of players one day, and another the next.

Edited by du Garbandier