Crash Dump when selecting projection tab on custom database

Mediocre_Jake

I am having an odd issue that seems to have appeared after the last FM update last week.

Using my Korean database, if I click on either the the 'Projections' tab in Finances, or the 'Wages' tab in finances, I get an immediate crash to desktop.

I will attach my working file so others can see the issue. Simply load my file, load South Korea down to K4 League and then selected any K League 2 team to start with. Then go to the projections tab in Finances. My game, and another 2 people's games, crash immediately.

I have tested removing every league apart from K League and K League 2 and this happens to all K League 2 teams. Does anybody have any idea what changed in the update last week that could cause this?

MediocreJake's Korea FM23 - KL1 To K7 - v2.fmf

2 minutes ago, DaveTheEditor said:

@Mediocre_Jake @Wolf_pd

Me and Daveincid had the same problem with the finances of Iraqi clubs in FM22 (don't know if in FM23 too). So this is more a bug from the game. Everything else worked fine.

Did you ever find a workaround? I tried to check the crash dump and it mentioned an error to do with 'length22', which made me think it was a short name error with an added club/league etc. But I fixed the short names and it still crashed. The error might have had little to do with the error in the crash dump anyway.

1 minute ago, Wolf_pd said:

In that case, I suggest logging a bug and keeping away from the screen as much as possible.

I have logged it as a bug, but I don't know if that will ever be resolved if it was present in FM22.

Just now, Mediocre_Jake said:

I have logged it as a bug, but I don't know if that will ever be resolved if it was present in FM22.

Thanks. Crashing things are always good to log. Can't say for fix times, I am not a dev :)

vor 1 Minute schrieb Mediocre_Jake:

All my clubs have their ticket at £0. I did adjust season ticket numbers though, is this what it is caused by?

"0" creates a generic value but if you're adding a too low value ( for example €3 for a single ticket) the game upscales it to like €17. The result is that those clubs getting way too rich.

38 minutes ago, Daveincid said:

"0" creates a generic value but if you're adding a too low value ( for example €3 for a single ticket) the game upscales it to like €17. The result is that those clubs getting way too rich.

Fair enough. I just tested by making every Korean team the same in the finances tab, same balance, same season ticket holders, ticket prices etc. But still crashes. Odd bug, hopefully SI can fix it.

• 1 month later...
On 10/02/2023 at 17:58, Wolf_pd said:

Thanks. Crashing things are always good to log. Can't say for fix times, I am not a dev :)

On 10/02/2023 at 18:07, Daveincid said:

Just thought I would throw an update. After filing a bug, going through 2 weeks of nothing and then being pushed towards Sega support. They made me run the dxdiag twice, update my drivers and then do nothing apart from requesting my save eventually to be sent to the devs, which the bug reports initially was supposed to do.

I have finally pinpointed the issue. And I found the fix accidentally whilst trying to fix a training bug. I had 2 season periods set in my nation rules. I don't know why this caused an issue after the update to FM23, but it seemed to. I have attached 2 images to show what was causing the issue, to what I changed it to to fix it.

Before:

Screenshot_2313.thumb.png.d349486ca297eb595b4f51af7fe9acbe.png

After:

Screenshot_2314.thumb.png.e70c3688ec7037b8d3e6dc44d9b104aa.png

It seemed that giving 'level 0' 2 season periods caused the issue. The finance bug has now disappeared.