Recommended player limit

Sorry, I know this has probably been asked loads but what is the general limit to amount of players you can load?

Currently I have the top 5 leagues and Ireland loaded as playable (I dont plan on moving teams) and about 25 nations with view only but all those countries division players loaded (A tip from Second Yellow Card on You Tube) so 150,000 players loaded.

Basically I want to build a nation and with no squad restrictions for Irish clubs I want to have as many players loaded without killing the game. Ive a decent laptop (32 gb ram etc) WHat number do you need to be hitting to get sluggishness? It will be a 10/15 season save.

i7 Eight Core Processor 10875H

2.3GHz, 5.1GHz Turbo

32GB Corsair 2666MHz SODIMM DDR4

Any help appreciaed, thanks

Edited by scotty-corkcityfc
Added specs

The number you are looking for is entirely dependant upon your system.  FM uses your CPU more than it doe RAM btw but even then it's not as simple as just saying that.  Lot of factors involved and player count is actually very secondry to 'active leagues', where FM is priocessing fixtures and results.  If the leagues are just view only (if you want to see the league) they do not matter as much.  If you care little for even that info, go into advance and 'load players from' whatever nations, countries, leagues you want and keep all leagues as inactive (though doing this will eventually result in the AI never buying players etc and a world full of greyed out players).

For a build a nation, this is the best option along with 'the important' leagues set to view only (and perhaps in advanced settings, simulate certain games in other less important nations), tonnes of players yet nothing is actually 'processing' in the background except the league you're in and say 4 or 5 others.  This will also ensure a healthy game population as FM tries to keep the initial number the same.  The problem with inactive leagues is eventually, your 18yo's will be better than bayerns and Madrids first team.

Edited by Maviarab

1 hour ago, Maviarab said:

The number you are looking for is entirely dependant upon your system.  FM uses your CPU more than it doe RAM btw but even then it's not as simple as just saying that.  Lot of factors involved and player count is actually very secondry to 'active leagues', where FM is priocessing fixtures and results.  If the leagues are just view only (if you want to see the league) they do not matter as much.  If you care little for even that info, go into advance and 'load players from' whatever nations, countries, leagues you want and keep all leagues as inactive (though doing this will eventually result in the AI never buying players etc and a world full of greyed out players).

For a build a nation, this is the best option along with 'the important' leagues set to view only (and perhaps in advanced settings, simulate certain games in other less important nations), tonnes of players yet nothing is actually 'processing' in the background except the league you're in and say 4 or 5 others.  This will also ensure a healthy game population as FM tries to keep the initial number the same.  The problem with inactive leagues is eventually, your 18yo's will be better than bayerns and Madrids first team.

Cheers for the info thanks. Yeah my laptop should be powerful enough I just wanted to make sure I was running the best database

i7 Eight Core Processor 10875H

2.3GHz, 5.1GHz Turbo

32GB Corsair 2666MHz SODIMM