Getting coaching Badges

I'm Currently in a journeyman save, started unemployed with no badges and past being Sunday League footballer. 

At my 3rd club now, after starting at Swansea Uni and gaining promotion with them. Moved on to be DC Congo National manager and got sacked for failing to qualify for African Cup Of Nations. Now I'm at Baglan Dragons in Wales Second Tier. 

I've managed to get my Continental B Licence but the board at Baglan Dragons wont fund anymore for me. The Reason they give is they dont want me to get another badge and leave them for a bigger team. Yet in the conversation you can threaten to leave if they don't grant it and there pretty happy to let you go ? 

Frustrating this, 

20230221090958_1.jpg

Edited by thehig2

5 minutes ago, du Garbandier said:

There should be an option to fund it yourself. Do football clubs have Investor in People certification? Is that even a thing any more?

That's not the point though - your club is actively blocking you from being more attractive to a club thinking of poaching you. I've found myself in this position - I narrate my frustrations in my thread here:

https://community.sigames.com/forums/topic/572462-the-odyssey-a-personal-lower-league-journey-formerly-fm-for-masochists/

Rossvale Academy's chairman explicitly refused me permission to study for my badges in order to keep me at the club; in the end, it was the reason I resigned. In the interview for my next club I asked to be able to do my badges and the board agreed.

In a Journeyman career where you start at the bottom, getting your qualifications is all-important. If the club won't play ball, walk is my advice.

20 minutes ago, du Garbandier said:

It's sort of the point, in that small clubs perhaps don't have the budget for staff training. If you are willing to fund it yourself, and not tell the board, you should be able to.

If they give the reason as lack of funds, then sure. But the reason the board gives in that screenie, that I had myself, is otherwise.

Long standing issue.  Any real manager worth their salt and who is determnied to work in management would pay for the first 3 courses themselves, less than a grand and the first couse is free and online.  This is why I never, ever start with no experience because, it's just not realistic.

The fact you still can't do this (or even get a national team to pay it for you in doing an international save) is just beyond stupiud at this point.  As for dialogues, refer you back to a recent thread regarding player/staff interactions. 

3 hours ago, phnompenhandy said:

That's not the point though - your club is actively blocking you from being more attractive to a club thinking of poaching you. I've found myself in this position - I narrate my frustrations in my thread here:

https://community.sigames.com/forums/topic/572462-the-odyssey-a-personal-lower-league-journey-formerly-fm-for-masochists/

Rossvale Academy's chairman explicitly refused me permission to study for my badges in order to keep me at the club; in the end, it was the reason I resigned. In the interview for my next club I asked to be able to do my badges and the board agreed.

In a Journeyman career where you start at the bottom, getting your qualifications is all-important. If the club won't play ball, walk is my advice.

Thinking of walking, however I'm curious to see how I get on next season with this team.

Im looking likely to gain promotion to Welsh premier, and the club are professional so I can probably build a team that can stay up.

It's not about me doing my coaching badges but its along the same lines.

Is all i get is "that would be a good idea, but we don't think Smith has the interest", well its something along them lines lol. What about you ask him and not choose for him, like, who wouldn't want to take their badges. It seems a bit silly to be.  

Edited by JamieTC13

1 hour ago, JamieTC13 said:

It's not about me doing my coaching badges but its along the same lines.

Is all i get is "that would be a good idea, but we don't think Smith has the interest", well its something along them lines lol. What about you ask him and not choose for him, like, who wouldn't want to take their badges. It seems a bit silly to be.  

I've noticed that tends to happen when Smith doesn't have any badges or only has his first coaching badge. I think the board is saying "he hasn't bothered before so why should the club pay for his badges?"

3 minutes ago, Hovis Dexter said:

I've noticed that tends to happen when Smith doesn't have any badges or only has his first coaching badge. I think the board is saying "he hasn't bothered before so why should the club pay for his badges?"

A low attribute for 'ambition' has to count for something!

On 21/02/2023 at 02:02, du Garbandier said:

There should be an option to fund it yourself. Do football clubs have Investor in People certification? Is that even a thing any more?

Yes, clubs cover the cost of coaching badges because they’re really expensive irl and most require you to be actively coaching to enroll. 

4 hours ago, bielsadidnothingwrong said:

Yes, clubs cover the cost of coaching badges because they’re really expensive irl and most require you to be actively coaching to enroll. 

Level 1 – £150

Level 2 – £320

UEFA B – £720

UEFA A – £3000

As said before, unrealistic to 'start a save' with no experience.  Level 1 takes a few hours and is online.  Level 2 also requires no 'experience'.  UEFA B does require to be involved somehow, but can be done voluntarily with your local side in your free time.  Absolutely no excuse imo not to have the first 2 badges done if you are serious about it.  Even the B is not exactly out of the realms of most people.  Obviously, A onwards really requires to be actually employed in the industry and hopefully, have them pay for it.

(The other issue,,,long-standing with FM is the badges/levels are also wrong lol...*shrugs*...we're suprised?)

Edited by Maviarab

9 hours ago, Maviarab said:

Level 1 – £150

Level 2 – £320

UEFA B – £720

UEFA A – £3000

As said before, unrealistic to 'start a save' with no experience.  Level 1 takes a few hours and is online.  Level 2 also requires no 'experience'.  UEFA B does require to be involved somehow, but can be done voluntarily with your local side in your free time.  Absolutely no excuse imo not to have the first 2 badges done if you are serious about it.  Even the B is not exactly out of the realms of most people.  Obviously, A onwards really requires to be actually employed in the industry and hopefully, have them pay for it.

(The other issue,,,long-standing with FM is the badges/levels are also wrong lol...*shrugs*...we're suprised?)

I was just looking at it and I might take the Level 1 and 2. I’m not too interested in coaching so the UEFA B doesn’t seem like a good investment at the moment 

4 hours ago, DarJ said:

I was just looking at it and I might take the Level 1 and 2. I’m not too interested in coaching so the UEFA B doesn’t seem like a good investment at the moment 

Well worth it imo (I've done Lv 2)...if for nothing else it's actually informative and gives more insight.  I'd love to do Level 3 from a personal POV (not with a view to getting a job) but just don't have the time to commit unfortunately.  I recommend it, don't think you'd be disappointed.