• SI Staff
2 hours ago, KAS2 said:

Hi.

How do I restore / protect my game progress after factory reset to my device?

By having backed up your save game to another device or saving to the cloud before you did so - if you didn't do this then I'm afraid you've deleted your save game and its not possible to restore it (factory resetting a device obliterates everything on it, so unless you save the game off device its simply gone, nothing a developer can do about that I'm afraid).

4 minutes ago, Marc Vaughan said:

By having backed up your save game to another device or saving to the cloud before you did so - if you didn't do this then I'm afraid you've deleted your save game and its not possible to restore it (factory resetting a device obliterates everything on it, so unless you save the game off device its simply gone, nothing a developer can do about that I'm afraid).

Thanks

I will be starting a new save

How do I save to the cloud please?

Go to your phone storage, click on Documents folder, Sports Interactive folder, Football Manager 2023 Mobile folder, and lastly the Games folder.

Your saves are listed as fm_save1.fms, fm_save2.fms, fm_save3.fms and so on. They don't take up much storage space so you can decide to compress all using winrar, Z archiver or your file manager. Send the compressed file to your mail, a WhatsApp contact or save it on Mega.

You can get the file back after reboot and decompress it into the Game folder. 

Oh sorry mate, just seeing you asked for how to retrieve a deleted save file. Nothing can be done about that.

Edited by Gravely Horde
Misinterpretation of question.

2 minutes ago, Gravely Horde said:

Go to your phone storage, click on Documents folder, Sports Interactive folder, Football Manager 2023 Mobile folder, and lastly the Games folder.

Your saves are listed as fm_save1.fms, fm_save2.fms, fm_save3.fms and so on. They don't take up much storage space so you can decide to compress all using winrar, Z archiver or your file manager. Send the compressed file to your mail, a WhatsApp contact or save it on Mega.

You can get the file back after reboot and decompress it into the Game folder. 

Oh sorry mate, just seeing you asked for how to retrieve a deleted save file. Nothing can be done about that.

👍

• SI Staff
5 hours ago, KAS2 said:

I do not have another device to use as a back up - I do not know how to go about saving to the cloud and believe this is the only other option ?

I'm afraid so - out of interest why did you have to 'factory reset' your device, that is a rather drastic thing to do (its akin to basically reformatting a computer hard-disk).

With regards to cloud saving on iOS it's built into the app as apple provide that side of things, Google don't allow us the space required to save to the cloud. directly so you'd have to setup a cloud storage account or similar and manually transfer saves to it (I'm afraid I can't really talk you though that without promoting a third-party storage provider which wouldn't be appropriate really).

@Marc Vaughan Ever thought about adding a "Share Save file" feature on Android, which would simply pass the file over to whatever app the user shared it with using Android's native sharing feature? That would let people share it to Dropbox or their Google Drive instance or email (though the file is way too big for most email accounts). I could see why you wouldn't want to (people getting themselves into messes, people not being able to copy the file back, etc etc), but it would be helpful for power users.

• SI Staff
3 hours ago, StephenCronin said:

@Marc Vaughan Ever thought about adding a "Share Save file" feature on Android, which would simply pass the file over to whatever app the user shared it with using Android's native sharing feature? That would let people share it to Dropbox or their Google Drive instance or email (though the file is way too big for most email accounts). I could see why you wouldn't want to (people getting themselves into messes, people not being able to copy the file back, etc etc), but it would be helpful for power users.

I'll add looking into that to my 'to do' list for investigation - so you're aware we've investigated the Google Cloud options for saving, but sadly none of them support files of the size we'd need to save.

• 1 month later...
On 04/03/2023 at 21:19, Marc Vaughan said:

I'll add looking into that to my 'to do' list for investigation - so you're aware we've investigated the Google Cloud options for saving, but sadly none of them support files of the size we'd need to save.

Maybe not only add feature to share save for android device but also for iOS device. Even sharing save or other file (tactics, shortlist, PKM, etc) between iOS & Android.