What do you think about montly installments? Is it fair?

I dont find this to be too exploitative. What I find to be too exploitative is bonuses. Being able to offer someone like 10k cap bonus for an international team they will never appear for, or a massive bonus for like winning the FA cup while in league 2 etc... Just maxing out bonuses you will logically never pay out inorder to sign people on tiny contracts is the problem to me.

On 01/03/2023 at 22:52, Pafnus said:

But in game you can put the club in to debt and play only 1 or 2 season 😁

Barcelona comes to my mind.

Plenty of teams doing it IRL and gets punished when they flopped and firing everyone and selling all their players for pocket change.

You can't do it at free will because you'll need to have available at the moment 50% of the total installment value or else you can't confirm the transfer. 

Also, having several transfers with installments will take a dent on future transfer budgets.

On 01/03/2023 at 21:26, phantombandit said:

I dont find this to be too exploitative. What I find to be too exploitative is bonuses. Being able to offer someone like 10k cap bonus for an international team they will never appear for, or a massive bonus for like winning the FA cup while in league 2 etc... Just maxing out bonuses you will logically never pay out inorder to sign people on tiny contracts is the problem to me.

Don’t do it then…

Purposely exploiting the game and then saying it’s a problem. How are SI supposed to govern this. It could happen in real life too, if players were stupid enough to accept the contracts.

On 05/03/2023 at 01:36, nexting said:

Don’t do it then…

Purposely exploiting the game and then saying it’s a problem. How are SI supposed to govern this. It could happen in real life too, if players were stupid enough to accept the contracts.

??? the exact same logic could apply to the original poster. The point of this thread isnt 'things I do even tho it is exploitative' it is 'is this mechanic broken'. Am I not allowed to apply to the thread as the poster intended?

On 01/03/2023 at 21:26, phantombandit said:

That's not the problem, that's the solution.  I've just got a team promoted to league two and have turned professional.  If it wasn't for those workarounds then I wouldn't have been able to afford anyone good enough.

On 05.03.2023 at 06:34, kingjericho said:

You can't do it at free will because you'll need to have available at the moment 50% of the total installment value or else you can't confirm the transfer. 

Also, having several transfers with installments will take a dent on future transfer budgets.

Actually i bought beto from sporting cp 100m with 3 years installment with out  50m avaible and i could confirm to transfer

On 04/03/2023 at 15:40, SergeiG said:

Barcelona comes to my mind.

Plenty of teams doing it IRL and gets punished when they flopped and firing everyone and selling all their players for pocket change.

The problem is that this doesn’t happen in FM. The board is pretty much unaware of their finances for the most part and a big club would just pump money back in. We need the threat of losing our job for under performing once spending a bunch of money.

16 hours ago, Mars_Blackmon said:

The problem is that this doesn’t happen in FM. The board is pretty much unaware of their finances for the most part and a big club would just pump money back in. We need the threat of losing our job for under performing once spending a bunch of money.

I definitely agree, you can basically bankrupt a club but the board will just inject some money and it's fine again.

On 08/03/2023 at 00:03, Mars_Blackmon said:

My favourite part is Youtubers trying to justify their clear exploitation of this in their saves as "realism" because instalments as such exist in real life.

3 hours ago, shirajzl said:

My favourite part is Youtubers trying to justify their clear exploitation of this in their saves as "realism" because instalments as such exist in real life.

Yea I rarely watch most of FM YouTubers these days because they all use the same formula. OP tactic, take advantage of finances.

On 09.03.2023 at 16:42, shirajzl said:

İ agree.. game is so challenging when not to use installments