board building new stadium?

Hey,

I just finished my season and my board announced it wants to build a new stadium. The only problem is our current stadium of 5k is expandable to 10k. We are also averaging 2k a match. Does this sound like a bug? I get that the board might be ambitious but we cant afford a new stadium. It also means that we will be kneecapped for the rest of the save, as I cant see the board building a stadium much bigger than the one we are already not even half filling. Even if it is intentional, it doesnt seem very fun.

Well, I am on the other end of the spectrum. I've just won Serie A, Coppa Italia and CL with Juventus, boasting attendance of 98% stadium capacity (which is 41000), and 82000 people in the season ticket waiting list. The board refused to expand the stadium, "due to the current financial situation in the club", while 2 days later I've received the FFP message that I've made 317 million euro profit in the period (244 million just this season).

Is FM still daft in stadium building? New stadiums for clubs that only built one 25 years ago, clubs building new grounds but move fifty miles away instead of staying at the old stadium during construction, names that have minimal connection, huge construction projects of single use stadiums when hosting a tournament even when the cities already have at least two perfectly adequate ones and seats being changed to match the home teams shirt colour even when they are in the away kit.

14 hours ago, damian2112 said:

Well, I am on the other end of the spectrum. I've just won Serie A, Coppa Italia and CL with Juventus, boasting attendance of 98% stadium capacity (which is 41000), and 82000 people in the season ticket waiting list. The board refused to expand the stadium, "due to the current financial situation in the club", while 2 days later I've received the FFP message that I've made 317 million euro profit in the period (244 million just this season).

Juve IRL almost surpassed FM with there new stadium, looks like AC and Inter will soon too.