This game would be much better if you could remove squad registration rules

Yes I know some people like to play with all the restraints of real life and play ultra realistic saves down to giving press conferences.

I'm willing to bet alot of FM players also just want to have fun. 

The squad registration rules are a particular annoyance for me. Finding those 4 home grown players and nationally trained players, or the 25 man squad rule in the prem or whatever rule abroad ruins the game for me.

Can SI include an option in the real time editor to remove all squad rules? Similar how you can remove all injuries etc?

The squad rules in La Liga for example are really restrictive.

You have three options here:

1. Use the pre-game editor and edit advanced rules for the nation and leagues in which you want to play. This takes a bit of work to get right, especially if you start from scratch, but there is usually someone out there who has an edited file to share that can serve as a great starting point. Then you simply need to edit the squad registration rules of that file as you see fit.
  2. You can choose to manage in nations with few (if any) squad registration rules. The top leagues in Portugal, the Netherlands, and Denmark come to mind. France, Spain, and Germany are also very loose with their rules. The only challenge you would then have is registering enough players for international competitions such as the Champions League.
  3. Accept the challenge and prioritize home-grown talent in your transfer dealings.

4 hours ago, Overmars said:

You have three options here:

1. Use the pre-game editor and edit advanced rules for the nation and leagues in which you want to play. This takes a bit of work to get right, especially if you start from scratch, but there is usually someone out there who has an edited file to share that can serve as a great starting point. Then you simply need to edit the squad registration rules of that file as you see fit.
  2. You can choose to manage in nations with few (if any) squad registration rules. The top leagues in Portugal, the Netherlands, and Denmark come to mind. France, Spain, and Germany are also very loose with their rules. The only challenge you would then have is registering enough players for international competitions such as the Champions League.
  3. Accept the challenge and prioritize home-grown talent in your transfer dealings.

4. Use the in game editor to allow squad registration at any time.

I would actually argue that most FM players want to become immersed in a realistic story, and aren't just looking for total sandbox wackiness.

Having said that, you can use the pregame editor to remove squad registration rules as you like.  I'll warn you, though, that the joys of managing FC Seoul start to fade away when you realize your squad doesn't have a single Korean player.  Trust me: I've been there.

On 15/03/2023 at 14:16, andyt365 said:

Yes but you still have to adhere to the rules

You can remove registration rules using the editor easily. I have done it (shame face) with italy given how strict their non eu and home grown player rules are.

• 4 months later...
On 17/03/2023 at 04:23, phantombandit said:

You can remove registration rules using the editor easily. I have done it (shame face) with italy given how strict their non eu and home grown player rules are.

How?can You tell me please?