Whose team instructions and mentality to use when playing a counter-attacking oriented tactic in away games?

So, i've looked for many topics, video, other ppl tactics, etc, and there's always different opinions on which mentality to use when playing counter attacking football. I want to do some changes to my main tactic (which im not going post a screenshot bc im not at home rn and i don't think matters that much, but if needed i can send when i get home) but i can't see which one, or what TI's i should employ. Pretty much, what i want to do on difficult, underdog away maythes is:

A low-block, that allows the opposition to get on our half of the pitch, but when they do, we press them and hit fast and effective counters

Use 2 Wing-backs giving width and attacking when needed, as all of them have good pace and mentals ( as i'm also playing 3 at back, giving them even more freedom to attack than the main tactic allows is welcome )

A 3 man midfield, with one DM, a B2B and a third one being some kinda of Mezzala/CM(A) making runs 

A attacking midfielder ( Isco to be more precise, which is relevant bc he does not have good workrate to help pressing on the front ) giving passes to a pacy, fast striker

So, how would u guys setup it? As i said, the first tactic works well ( it's a downloaded tactic anyway, who got me interested on seeing how the trequartista works on FM 23 ) but on away games struggles, so i want to do some changes while maintaning the 3-5-1-1 ( or 5-3-1-1, w/e ) and im not sure what to do. I lost 3 aways games against stronger teams where i know i could probably get at least some draws or perform better, but dont know how to implement said counter-attacking style 

Edited by hotredabyss

7 hours ago, hotredabyss said:

So, i've looked for many topics, video, other ppl tactics, etc, and there's always different opinions on which mentality to use when playing counter attacking football. I want to do some changes to my main tactic (which im not going post a screenshot bc im not at home rn and i don't think matters that much, but if needed i can send when i get home) but i can't see which one, or what TI's i should employ. Pretty much, what i want to do on difficult, underdog away maythes is:

A low-block, that allows the opposition to get on our half of the pitch, but when they do, we press them and hit fast and effective counters

Use 2 Wing-backs giving width and attacking when needed, as all of them have good pace and mentals ( as i'm also playing 3 at back, giving them even more freedom to attack than the main tactic allows is welcome )

A 3 man midfield, with one DM, a B2B and a third one being some kinda of Mezzala/CM(A) making runs 

A attacking midfielder ( Isco to be more precise, which is relevant bc he does not have good workrate to help pressing on the front ) giving passes to a pacy, fast striker

So, how would u guys setup it? As i said, the first tactic works well ( it's a downloaded tactic anyway, who got me interested on seeing how the trequartista works on FM 23 ) but on away games struggles, so i want to do some changes while maintaning the 3-5-1-1 ( or 5-3-1-1, w/e ) and im not sure what to do. I lost 3 aways games against stronger teams where i know i could probably get at least some draws or perform better, but dont know how to implement said counter-attacking style 

To counter attack you must have "pass into space" and "counter" ticked. Make sure you have a player with the Acceleration/Pace/Anticipation/Off the Ball to exploit the space in behind and not be caught offside (AF for example). 

Everything else is variable but more direct passing and higher tempo are usually good fits as well.

Edited by Cloud9

On 02/04/2023 at 14:44, Gregor Samsa said:

You can check out this thread below, it's pretty good and helped me learn a lot about adapting tactics. It's from FM20 though, so I don't know how it applies today.

Thanks, always nice to see people refer back to these old threads!