Managing Fatigue

I have done a goof pre season and 6 games into the campaign 4 of my players fatigue rating has moved from Fresh to Low.

I have rotated the squad but want advice on 2 things.

1. What are the stages in the game of fatigue - is it just the two ratings - Fresh and Low or does it go worse than that ie Fresh, Low, high. Looking at it im guessing low fatigue is that a player is just starting to get fatigued.  Anyone know if it is just the 2 ratings and if not what the others are.

2. Apart from resting players and decreasing pressing intensity is there any other ways of helping players who start to get fatigued and how to help reduce this from happening through training.

25 minutes ago, wazza said:

I have done a goof pre season and 6 games into the campaign 4 of my players fatigue rating has moved from Fresh to Low.

1. What are the stages in the game of fatigue - is it just the two ratings - Fresh and Low or does it go worse than that ie Fresh, Low, high. Looking at it im guessing low fatigue is that a player is just starting to get fatigued.  Anyone know if it is just the 2 ratings and if not what the others are.

2. Apart from resting players and decreasing pressing intensity is there any other ways of helping players who start to get fatigued and how to help reduce this from happening through training.

see if this helps

Thanks I'll have a watch to see of can get any tips from the video.

Does anyone know if in the game there are the only too ratings fresh and low or are there any more , that way yiu can access how bad the fatigue is.

2 hours ago, wazza said:

1. Yes, there are ratings above that although I'm not sure exactly what the sequence is. "Becoming Fatigued" is the next step beyond "Low" and is the only one I have personally gotten to (and it wasn't my fault, the U-21 international manager did it to one of my players and he came back that way). I had to rest him fully for over a month before he was recovered enough to start playing again as I try to avoid playing anyone with visible fatigue unless I have no choice. As fatigue builds up, a player status will appear that the player needs rest and it can eventually get to the player becoming Jaded.

2. There are several ways to handle fatigue management during the season. One is to go into training and adjust the "Rest" parameters, then switch every player to the Automatic training level. I set mine like this but I think this is a bit lower than many people set it as I really try to avoid fatigue and injuries (I've seen people advise Double intesity for both green hearts, Normal for yellow and Half for the first Red, only going no training for the lowest condition):

image.thumb.png.ff24de6acd1b0feda7b942a1e25cfd85.png

image.png.8f82373939a5528d8ee82d5e364f32b0.png

Also, be sure to have at least a couple of weeks of heavy physical training in pre-season to really work the players hard and build up fatigue. I'm not sure exactly it works, but I think the logic is that fatiguing them in pre-season increases the amount of fatigue they can handle during the season before it becomes a problem (so it takes more fatigue for them to reach "Low" fatigue status, etc.). I just use the "Pre-Season Heavy-Early" training setup for the first week or two, then use the Heavy-Mid and Heavy-Late if the preseason is long enough.

Another training tip is to not overtrain during the season, especially if you are having multiple competitive matches a week. This doesn't just mean avoiding physical training or heavy training load per day, it means making sure you have multiple rest sessions per week. Rest sessions reduce fatigue more than any other session type and if you don't have rest sessions, fatigue won't drop without players skipping matches. Even having really light days with 3 sessions (like Team Bonding, Community Outreach and Recovery) won't reduce fatigue that much despite the low workload. This is one I had to learn the hard way; I thought as long as I kept the workload low, I could still use all 3 sessions every day and rarely use Rest sessions. But I found that players could only play every other match (and occasionally had to miss two matches in a row) to keep fatigue from accumulating. My current training with two competitive matches per week looks like this right now (and honestly I wouldn't normally have all 3 sessions on that second Monday but it's the second leg in the Libertadores and I decided I willing to accumulate a bit of fatigue there to get another match bonus):

image.thumb.png.5070ae8d5fbbfa4c9cc242f9915d84e0.png