Super Cup starting year 2 of save [RESOLVED]

picketyp

Edit: I figured out that using the "Year Offset From Game Start Year" instead of just the "Start Year Offset" was the solution to avoid the error in the editor.  Weird, but good to know! 

Hi all,

I've been working on a database that I hope will include a Super Cup between winners of two competitions from the previous season. 

One qualifying comp has history, the other is brand new.  When verifying the rules, the editor can only find one team (from the history of the first competition), despite my setting that the Super Cup should start one year later, after both competitions have new champions.

Anyone run into this issue before who have been able to figure out how to offset competition start years?  I feel like I didn't have this much trouble in my old FM18 builds but those files are long gone... and I'm sure I'm missing something very obvious.

The Super Cup takes place in July, while the competitions it pull from are completed during the previous May.

1 - Offset.png

2 - Teams.png

3 - Error.png

Edited by picketyp
update

• picketyp changed the title to Super Cup starting year 2 of save

Okay pretty embarrassing here....at some point when clicking a million boxes and simming a year out to see what could possibly be the issue, I changed # of teams to add to round to 0.  Well then of course it won't setup the match!

The core issue shown by the screenshots was resolved via using "Year Offset From Game Start Year" instead if "Start Year Offset".  I imagine Appy's suggestion would have worked as well.

• picketyp changed the title to Super Cup starting year 2 of save [RESOLVED]