Many too many players in the team

Hi,
every time with a new club the same: First I have too few players, then I have way too many players. I scout like a world champion, thinking, oh, I've got a bit of budget left over ... I'll buy myself another young talent .... At some point in the middle of the season I sit back and think, what am I going to do with all these players? ....

I can't get rid of my talents (with a clause, I want to continue to profit from them), and I always find better players to replace the others, but I can't get rid of them, and if I do, the others scream, "How could you send him away?

A devil's circle ...

With you too?

46 minutes ago, Conardo said:

With you too?

I'm the opposite

I have my first XI then I try and cover as many positions as I can with as few a players as possible so I have a core of 20-25 players

Same with the youth teams, I don't hover up talent if they have no role in the squad  

The total number of players has an impact on the payroll for sure, but I start by looking at how many players I have in each position.

It often happens that the total number of players isn't bad (20-30), but rather that there is an excess of players in the same positions and a lack of players in others.  Moreover, I often find a couple of mediocre players with very high salaries (usually, ageing/retiring big names).

So, I try to offload these expensive old players as well as those excess players. If I can't sell them fast, I try to loan them to cover (some of) their salaries.

Yes, there is complaining by fans and board but I don't really care. It will go away...