Stadium rules change

Working form a lower team to getting promoted to the PL, I never had a stadium expansion. Simply because we never owned the 5K stadium. At the end of the last season, the board announced to build a new one (very imaginative named city X stadium,....). It would be finished at the end of this season, my first in the PL.

I had the same situation in FM21, current stadium not adhering to the rules of the PL. So for the year the stadium was build, we got moved into a reserve one. Which was great. It had more seats, so bigger ticket sales.

Imagine my surprise i dont receive a mail about us having an alternative stadium for the year. Instead i look at the rules, and suddenly the minimum capacity rule is not 12500, but 5000. How convenient! and extremely lazy and unrealistic....

Another feature stripped away for no good reason.....

2 hours ago, ringwoodrob said:

IRL its allways been the min capacity as entering lge2 which i think is the 5k?

Im not talking about league 2, im talking about the Premier League

On the left a screenshot from an older savegame (not playing in england), on the right current game

Stadium nonsense.jpg

10 minutes ago, enigmatic said:

5000 is the correct limit

If you don't have the limit and can't extend the stadium, FM moves you to an alternative stadium near(ish) by and charges you rent, same as always

like said, thats what happened in my FM21 save

So I guess SI didnt bother to update the rules untill the last winter update...

14 minutes ago, eXistenZ said:

Something tells me the FA didnt change the stadiums rule around xmas ;)

No, FM corrected the rules in game. There are no capacity requirements for the Premier League, however to be promoted you'll have been in the EFL - where the minimum capacity is 5000.

14 hours ago, eXistenZ said:

Im not talking about league 2, im talking about the Premier League

On the left a screenshot from an older savegame (not playing in england), on the right current game

Stadium nonsense.jpg

That must be a very old save,we went up into Prem first time maybe 8 or more years ago with a 11k stadium

when starting a tiny tinpot club save  you need to check in pregame editor to see if population is correct in the town/local conorbation where stadium is if wrong change it this may help in getting a new stadium? 

example,Bournemouth if you only do a google search on the town it only gives a pop of 160k,it sits in BPC borough(10miles radius of town) 460k+,sotheast dorset even higher,i'm about to do a new save i'll be sorting all that first

19 hours ago, Scotty Walds said:

No, FM corrected the rules in game. There are no capacity requirements for the Premier League, however to be promoted you'll have been in the EFL - where the minimum capacity is 5000.

Yep. The actual Premier League rule is "all seaters only" which is slightly different from the EFL's 5000 (but some of it can be terraces) limit

I'm guessing the 12500 was stuck in as a fudge to force small EFL stadiums to be rebuilt/expanded for the PL rather than shrunk to get rid of the terraces, but then people started complaining that it forced Bournemouth to rebuild the Vitality