Confused about the league rules...

I am playing FM '22 and I just I transferred jobs to a Norwegian second division team last season and narrowly avoided relegation.  This year, my team is on fire and presently in second.  However, I am very confused about the league rules. 

Here are the standings:

image.png.c607f9db651f589485a57072f45a7f00.png

Here are the rules:

image.png.7ec52d3eb43bb417273e3e7ad08d65c4.png

Traditionally, I've always thought the green highlight indicates automatic promotion and the blue highlight indicates playoff for promotion.  However, the rules clearly state 1st is promoted and 2nd goes to a playoff.  It further states that the second tier teams are ineligible for promotion, which means my team should be on pace for automatic promotion.  Yet, Molde 2 is highlighted in green and the board vision suggests they are pleased I am challenging for a playoff spot.  Media interviews, as wonky as they are, hint at the same thing.

Any ideas?  Definitely a little different for me playing in a league with secondary teams involved. 

Edited by ScotchWhisky

Top green highlight indicates champions position.  Even if they can't win promotion, they still win the league.  The green on your row indicates automatic promotion.  The blue indicates playoff spot, which doesn't highlight Bodo/Glimt 2 for the reasons you mentioned.  Whilst the game is indicating this in the league table, I expect it is going to struggle to incorporate this in press conferences.