Requesting Help in my India leagues edit.

dbrown6

Hello anyone who is reading this. I hope you are doing well?

I am hoping someone could help me with my India edit.

The problem I am having is in the screenshot below, both for my Hero 2nd division to I-League and Hero 3rd to 2nd division. the qualifications for all are 2 up and two down, and have marked it in as so. However I am not sure what is going wrong? Can someone help me?

image.thumb.png.a15948a71d3030a19844ba352ea114d6.png

2 hours ago, dbrown6 said:

Hello anyone who is reading this. I hope you are doing well?

I am hoping someone could help me with my India edit.

The problem I am having is in the screenshot below, both for my Hero 2nd division to I-League and Hero 3rd to 2nd division. the qualifications for all are 2 up and two down, and have marked it in as so. However I am not sure what is going wrong? Can someone help me?

Do you use flexible rules? 

Your Hero 2nd Division promotions aren't working. Upload the file (you can drag and drop it into a post). Can't say why exactly without looking at it, there are a lot of things that could be causing it.

It is not an issue with flexible rules, despite what the pop-up says. That won't make a difference.

1 hour ago, rusty217 said:

Your Hero 2nd Division promotions aren't working. Upload the file (you can drag and drop it into a post). Can't say why exactly without looking at it, there are a lot of things that could be causing it.

It is not an issue with flexible rules, despite what the pop-up says. That won't make a difference.

thank you very much for looking at it and any help possible 

India DB edit 2.fmf

You have a bunch of parent leagues setup that shouldn't be. Parent leagues are for leagues at the same level to group them together. eg. Italian Serie C is split into 3 leagues. North, Central and South, they have Serie C set as the parent league to group them all together. You shouldn't be setting leagues at different levels with the same parent league like your 2nd/3rd divisions. You also shouldn't set reserve leagues to have the main league as a parent league.

Then your Indian Second Division needs some work. You have 3 different versions and they overlap. The first one you want only in the first year? Then the End Year should be 2022. The second one only for the second year? The Start Year and End Year should both be 2023. As it stands you're telling the game to run both versions in both 2023 and 2024.

In the first version your Maximum Overall Promotion Places in Stage 0 should be set as 2 (same as the Minimum) and you need to change the Number Of Top Playoff Places to 4. Your playoff is expecting 4 teams but only 1 team qualifies for it.

The second and third versions of it have the wrong number of teams. The first version had 20 teams. 2 teams got relegated into it so it now has 22 teams. Your instructions are for a 14 team league stage. You have 8 teams too many.

Your 3rd Division is set to not start until 2024? I'm not sure if it's possible to have a league be added part way through a game, so you might have to start it immediately just to deal with that. I'm pretty sure your team instructions aren't going to work either. You're telling it to get teams from the Indian Lower Division instead of the 3rd Division. I'm guessing you want it to just take the best Lower Division teams each season rather than having teams stay in it? That might be possible, but you'll need to set it up differently.

Firstly you need to tell it to get teams from the 3rd Division, otherwise it won't pick up the teams relegated from the 2nd Division. Then add an instruction (make sure it's below the instruction for 3rd division teams) telling it to get the best teams from Indian Lower Division with Maximum Number Of Teams In Overall List set to 16. Then add 14 relegation places relegating teams to the Indian Lower Division. So every team that isn't promoted is relegated out of the league, effectively clearing it every season.

Then add the Indian Lower Division to your rules list like this:

20230808020735_1.thumb.jpg.4cf3f906aefbdaf2b90984e5118ec760.jpg

Making sure the Inactive box is ticked. Nothing else should be needed. Again, no guarantee it will work though. Personally I'd just set it to get teams from the 3rd Division only and set 2 or 4 or something to relegate to the Lower Division. That way would definitely work.

One of the reasons why there a change in the 2nd Division for the next year, is that the real format is to make it one league with 14 teams, with all the B teams now going into a new league. But this first year is made up of groups with all the top teams going into a playoff group to play for those two promotion teams. So, when you look at the teams for next year, it will read as 12 teams. 

I have made the changes you had suggested for the 2nd and 3rd division, but still running into the same problem with the promotion annoyingly. 

This is a file that a mix of real (Hero I-Leagues setup and as much as the Indian State leagues possible) and a Super league which is fantasy. The 3rd division is supposed to come into existence in 2024, and the way it should be formed is invited teams from State FA and accepted if they meant the Indian FA criteria, what the 2nd division used to be. This is why I thought having the best teams from the lower division would be best to add into the league.

4 hours ago, dbrown6 said:

One of the reasons why there a change in the 2nd Division for the next year, is that the real format is to make it one league with 14 teams, with all the B teams now going into a new league. But this first year is made up of groups with all the top teams going into a playoff group to play for those two promotion teams. So, when you look at the teams for next year, it will read as 12 teams. 

I have made the changes you had suggested for the 2nd and 3rd division, but still running into the same problem with the promotion annoyingly. 

This is a file that a mix of real (Hero I-Leagues setup and as much as the Indian State leagues possible) and a Super league which is fantasy. The 3rd division is supposed to come into existence in 2024, and the way it should be formed is invited teams from State FA and accepted if they meant the Indian FA criteria, what the 2nd division used to be. This is why I thought having the best teams from the lower division would be best to add into the league.

That's fine, you can reduce the number of teams in a league, but you also need to set up a way to properly make that happen. eg. extra relegation places and telling it to expect -x extra promoted teams or something. TBH if you're making a new league for the B teams it'd probably be easier to just move them straight away rather than trying to delay it. You'd avoid these kind of issues that way.

The 2024 start may still be an issue with the 3rd division. IIRC there was a thread on here about the possibility of adding an extra division later on, might be worth looking into that to see if they figured out how to do it. Otherwise my assumption would be that it's not possible. The editor can get funny about promotion/relegation (as you've seen) when things are being altered like this too. For instance it won't let you promote teams into a league that doesn't have relegation that same season. Not sure if this is at all related to your issue, but adding a 3rd division and relegation from the 2nd to the 3rd later on may well be causing issues.