[FM23] Ballin' in the Baltics

Rikulec

jw7Wk09.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - Pre-Season - 2025 - JK Tammeka Tartu

Friendlies

o6U6AQT.png

A perfect set of wins in the pre-season. This time we're using a wide 4-3-3, aiming to morph into a 3-2-5 in possession. You know, like all those fancy modern football teams. We're not inverting our full backs just yet though, just the wingers. :p

Transfers

FqVPyNY.png

There was no need to do too much in the market.

Krystian Jajko - my first Polish player brought to Estonia, finally! We needed a quality central midfielder, so we got one.

Jevgeni Baranov - an old friend of mine joins us as a second choice left back.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

jw7Wk09.png

Jakub Słota's Management Career - February 2025 - JK Tammeka Tartu

Eesti Karikas

kS0POl9.png

It wasn't without trouble, but we're through after winning my first game in charge. As a reward, we've been drawn against...

Great read! I like the relegation battle challenge you took on, shame FM took it away in that second leg. Now you've got the financial challenge of an almost bankrupt club. Keeping it interesting :applause:

33 minutes ago, SixPointer said:

Good to see you back in the top flight so soon. Tasty quarter final against yer old club 

To be honest I didn't expect to be back at this level right away. I guess someone did appreciate my work at Harju after all!

6 minutes ago, WhiteCat33 said:

Great read! I like the relegation battle challenge you took on, shame FM took it away in that second leg. Now you've got the financial challenge of an almost bankrupt club. Keeping it interesting :applause:

Glad you're enjoying it mate, thanks for the comment. :thup:

Aaaand I ragequit.

We lost our three opening league games (well, lost two and were going to lose the third). Don't get me wrong, I don't mind losing, it's obviously a part of the game, arguably the one that really makes success taste sweet when it finally comes. But when you lose because the game can't show you what you're really doing wrong, when it conveys that message through idiotic player behaviours that would never take place so frequently at virtually any level of senior football, that's the breaking point for me. I can suspend my disbelief, but only to a certain degree. I know it's just a game and it still does a brilliant job representing the game of football compared to others, but there are some situations where it's not enough. When I have tactical ideas that I've used in the real world and I can't translate them to FM, I feel restricted. Again: I could live with that and I'm absolutely going to play FM23, FM24 and further beyond, enjoying it as a game. But for now, I've sadly made a wrong turn in this save and when I've Alt+F4'd out of a match, it's as good as done.

As always, I'm sorry and thank you all for following and commenting. I don't think I'm going to do another thread for FM23 (which doesn't mean I'm not going to play it), I'll probably wait for the next game before I really commit. For now, thanks.

Make sure to follow the FMCU general discussion thread, I'm going to have some big news for you in the coming days regarding my real life coaching journey. Let's just say I've landed a new job and made a connection that might open a lot of doors for me.

Take care and enjoy your saves. Until next time!

Despite your rage quit, some more insights from Estonian football.

Abbreviation "JK" usually means "jalgpalliklubi" (football club, FC) in Estonian. Interestingly, in case of both Harju JK Laagri and Tammeka JK, in their names JK actually means "jalgpallikool" (football school), indicating that these clubs are focusing to the youth work and offering football practices to children foremost and the main team is just the tip of the pyramid. As far as I know, Tammeka is registered as a non-profit organization and run by members (fans), so FM news about "selling the club" is somewhat confusing. On the other hand, semi-pro status seems rather correct for them.

8 hours ago, Rikulec said:

Aaaand I ragequit.

We lost our three opening league games (well, lost two and were going to lose the third). Don't get me wrong, I don't mind losing, it's obviously a part of the game, arguably the one that really makes success taste sweet when it finally comes. But when you lose because the game can't show you what you're really doing wrong, when it conveys that message through idiotic player behaviours that would never take place so frequently at virtually any level of senior football, that's the breaking point for me. I can suspend my disbelief, but only to a certain degree. I know it's just a game and it still does a brilliant job representing the game of football compared to others, but there are some situations where it's not enough. When I have tactical ideas that I've used in the real world and I can't translate them to FM, I feel restricted. Again: I could live with that and I'm absolutely going to play FM23, FM24 and further beyond, enjoying it as a game. But for now, I've sadly made a wrong turn in this save and when I've Alt+F4'd out of a match, it's as good as done.

As always, I'm sorry and thank you all for following and commenting. I don't think I'm going to do another thread for FM23 (which doesn't mean I'm not going to play it), I'll probably wait for the next game before I really commit. For now, thanks.

Make sure to follow the FMCU general discussion thread, I'm going to have some big news for you in the coming days regarding my real life coaching journey. Let's just say I've landed a new job and made a connection that might open a lot of doors for me.

Sad but I can totally understand your frustrations 

10 hours ago, Draakon said:

Despite your rage quit, some more insights from Estonian football.

Abbreviation "JK" usually means "jalgpalliklubi" (football club, FC) in Estonian. Interestingly, in case of both Harju JK Laagri and Tammeka JK, in their names JK actually means "jalgpallikool" (football school), indicating that these clubs are focusing to the youth work and offering football practices to children foremost and the main team is just the tip of the pyramid. As far as I know, Tammeka is registered as a non-profit organization and run by members (fans), so FM news about "selling the club" is somewhat confusing. On the other hand, semi-pro status seems rather correct for them.

Even more interesting info, thanks! Who knows, maybe one day I'll visit an Estonian club to learn more. :brock:

10 hours ago, SixPointer said:

Sad but I can totally understand your frustrations 

You see, this game hates me! :lol:

5 hours ago, Jogo Bonito said:

Just caught up on this rollercoaster ride! Sorry to hear it's claimed you as a victim but it was a good read and will follow your future stories (whenever they may be) and actual career with interest in the future.

Thanks mate, sorry it ended this way!

On 23/08/2023 at 06:35, Rikulec said:

Aaaand I ragequit.

Sorry to hear that but we will look forward to your next adventure! Enjoy the rest of FM23 mate!!