Carambau

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

spacer.png

August 2028 Part I

Welcome to Austria! Now finally there was the chance to employ a new tactic for a my new team before the season started. As our Advanced Playmaker Oscar Gloukh was our best player, I wanted a tactic that was centered around him and we ended up with this one, inspired by one I saw on the official FM website! We even sold all our wingers because they did no fit into the new formation. So we played our pre-season games and the first matches of the new season started and suddenly Gloukh and his agent wanted to talk to me about moving to a bigger club. Turns out I could not convince him (or rather them) to stay and so he left for Newcastle for what I think was a minor sum (35M) but what can you do when he wants to leave? So there we were with a tactic that was taylor-made for the player who just left us. What could we do? We needed to find a similar player in that position and after lots of scouting and failed contract offers for other players who wanted way too much salary we finally found the Belgian Playmaker Yari Verschaeren and signed him for around 30M. So we really hope he can live up to our expectations. No pressure :) 

Edited by Carambau

spacer.png

August 2028 Part II

Transfers

spacer.png

We made quite some money with our sales albeit it could have been WAY more if I had negotiated a better deal for the sale of Gloukh.

spacer.png

Pikhalyonok was signed before my time but he is a good player. A new goalkeeper was needed after the departure of Mantl and in came Serbian national team keeper Vejovic for a reasonable price from Porto. USA keeper Turner came in only as backup. Striker Openda was transfer listed and we snapped him up, as was versatile defender Solomon Bonnah. Milanese was signed to have more options in central midfield, but isn´t expected to play many games. Same goes for the young talented central midfielders Essl & Darvich which we loaned from our parent club RB Leipzig just because we could. Soren Dieterich is a great Austrian playmaker talent but will be loaned back to his original club for this season. 

The Squad 2028/29

spacer.png

I think we made some good transfers to increase the quality of the team after the departure of the former key player. Lots of potential for sure.

The Tactics

spacer.png

No wingers this time.

Edited by Carambau

spacer.png

August 2028 Part III

Season Preview & Expectations

spacer.png

Now thats some difference to my life in Switzerland :) 

spacer.png

Ok, there is some slight difference here as well :D The board are confident.

Stray Observation

spacer.png

Enter my Successor at Lausanne-Ouchy. Could have been way worse. Good luck to him!

The News

From now on, I decided to resort to seasonal updates, not monthly anymore.

Edited by Carambau

spacer.png

SEASON 2028/29

THE STATS

Admiral Bundesliga Results #1 #2

Bundesliga Table

Uniqa ÖFB Cup results #1 #2

European results #1 #2 

Player Stats

Youth Intake

Finances

Winter Transfers Sforza Christensen  Departures

SUMMARY

What a successful first season for a change, in contrast to my struggles in Switzerland. Salzburg are WAY ahead of the other teams in Austria and I have to admit I am loving it :) We lost only ONE game domestically, both in League and Cup and also won the Cup rather effortlessly. And our striker Holm was voted the Player Of The Year award. Our tactical approach seemed to entertain our fans too. In Europe though, it was a different story. We just about made the cut the knockout rounds, defeated a weak Napoli side and then fell at the next hurdle to giants Real Madrid. Our new attacker Openda scored 32 goals, what more could you want from a striker? Our replacement for Gloukh did not have a great season though, I guess he needs more time to adapt. Winter signing Sforza did a way better job in that role. Midfield engine Krastev or Holm - one of them has to be our player of the year. 

Edited by Carambau

spacer.png

SEASON 2029/30

THE STATS

Transfers In Out

Bundesliga Table #1 #2

European results #1 #2 

Player Stats

Youth Intake

Finances

SUMMARY

We lost 3 important players before the season: Holm, Klarer and Zanotti - so we had to become more active on the transfer market and in came Krystian Dishkov, a great Bulgarian center back talent, promising Left Back Aung Aung from Frankfurt (but he was loaned back to them for the 1st part of the season), young Greek international central midfielder Michalis Oikonomikosstriker Alexander Michalski from RBL (we made his loan permanent after his great season for us) and winter transfer window signing Mohammed Khalid, a central playmaker. With these players it was possible to repeat the Domestic Double from last year, but in Europe we again did not shine and went out even a round earlier than last season. I´m aiming to make Salzburg a bit more "Austrian" by signing talented young domestic players in the future.

Edited by Carambau

spacer.png

SEASON 2030/31

THE STATS

Transfers In Out

Bundesliga Table

European results #1 #2 

Player Stats

Youth Intake

Finances

SUMMARY

We lost Solet and Openda after last season and had to find replacements. In came talented Jon Martin from San Sebastian for a real bargain sum. Lars Wolfa central midfielder, was signed to fill up our Austrian contingent. Fabio Nigro and Martinus Hoffmann are striker to bolster our attack. We repeated the Domestic Double but failed badly in Europe again as we fell on the first hurdle in the knockout rounds. It was big Real Madrid however but we just narrowly made the cut anyway after finishing on the last qualification place after the League Phase so I guess we deserved it as we were not good enough anyway. Our established strikers Diederich and Michalski did their job in attack perfectly however, so both new signings didn´t get many games to shine, although Nigro managed to score an impressive 12 goals while only starting 3 times. Martin played almost every game, while Wolf was mostly a substitute player. Krastev and Sforza once again were the main engines behind our success. Khalid also contributed a lot from his playmaker position. In the League, Rapid was very close on our heels and it was also a tight affair in the cup final. That being sad, we definitely need to improve if we want to widen the gap to them domestically and challenge in Europe next season.

Edited by Carambau

This save must come to an end.

Reasons:

1. I got bored and did not like the layout and presentation of the story anymore

2. I am starting one last save with FM23 with the latest DaveIncid Realism pack. Hopefully this can be carried over in FM24.

So thank you all for contributing to the fun of this save! Hopefully the new save will be as or even more interesting :)