FM24 Family Challenge

Along with one of my Sons, we have both pre-ordered FM24.  He hasn't played since FM18, and I got back into the series at FM22.

We are both going to choose the same team, and see how we get on managing them, and see where we end up after one season.

We are thinking that playing this way, on different Computers will mean we can play when we have the free time, as its difficult when you have two Managers in the same game, to both be able to play at the same time.  The competition between us will finish when we've both completed the season.

I'm trying to think of any unfair advantages that we could both have, but if we are managing the same team, it should be technically a level playing field (excuse the pun)

So it will be down to us how much we  actually manage in the way of picking the team, tactics, transfers, scouting, hiring of staff etc, etc.

Do you think there is anything else we should consider to make our game as fair to each other as possible?

14 minutes ago, gunner86 said:

If one of you finishes first, don’t share the results. Otherwise the person finishing second might sacrifice league play to ensure they get further in cups.

Yes, we've just been talking about whether we should keep keep our results a

secret until the end of the season. That is a great reason!  Thanks 👍

Will probably be worth ensuring neither party has any downloadable content loaded which I suppose is unlikely if you're starting at the point of release, maybe load up the same leagues at the start too so you both have access to the same pool of players? 

You could actually start the save with an unemployed manager just so you get a 'save'. Then you can copy that 'save' to the other computer, and retire the manager and add a new manager at the club you want.

Both of you will then literally have the same game world, from CA and PA of every player to any other elements which are slightly different in each 'save'.

Exactly the same starting point.

• 2 weeks later...
On 23/09/2023 at 20:35, TheWednesday said:

Will probably be worth ensuring neither party has any downloadable content loaded which I suppose is unlikely if you're starting at the point of release, maybe load up the same leagues at the start too so you both have access to the same pool of players? 

Will face packs, skins, etc be ok, if we both upload the same files?

On 24/09/2023 at 06:16, DrIgz said:

You could actually start the save with an unemployed manager just so you get a 'save'. Then you can copy that 'save' to the other computer, and retire the manager and add a new manager at the club you want.

Both of you will then literally have the same game world, from CA and PA of every player to any other elements which are slightly different in each 'save'.

Exactly the same starting point.

Brilliant idea, thanks 👍