The totally *not* official Advanced Access Speculation of FM24 - This time it’s speculative

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, GOODNAME said:

Im from Israel and my country are in war

Im not in my house and my PC not with me :( i want to be in the beta festival!! 

Hey, another Israeli here. 

תשלח לי הודעה פרטית אחי,אני אנסה לעזור

If you’re looking to have a good costume for Halloween, dress up as a champions league trophy and visit north London. It’ll give them a good scare.

(off topic here, but how do I make that blue hand under my profile go away? The other day I couldn’t post anymore and I’m assuming the two are related)

5 minutes ago, Chelsea1903 said:

If you’re looking to have a good costume for Halloween, dress up as a champions league trophy and visit north London. It’ll give them a good scare.

(off topic here, but how do I make that blue hand under my profile go away? The other day I couldn’t post anymore and I’m assuming the two are related)

That blue hand will go away eventually, it is only there to show that you are a new member. 

6 minutes ago, Chelsea1903 said:

Just now, SazoJohnno said:

That blue hand will go away eventually, it is only there to show that you are a new member. 

And new members have a daily post limit for a while I believe

7 minutes ago, Chelsea1903 said:

I think it's on if you recently joined. Probably a week or so until it disappears 

In a blog when they announced the move to the new engine Miles said it's the first time they gave an exact time for the full release of the game (4pm UK time) whereas before it was at some point during the day. 4pm for a beta sounds great. Gives me time to remote onto my PC from work and start downloading just in time for when I get home at half 5 tomorrow 

Edited by nunch98

7 minutes ago, Chelsea1903 said:

image.gif.01c58cbe62258ff27ed75406460b20ec.gif
Loving the banter mate! :D
On the subject of Champions League, who’s in your group this year? I asked Alexa, but she didn’t know.

1 minute ago, nunch98 said:

In a blog when they announced the move to the new engine Miles said it's the first time they gave an exact time for the full release of the game (4pm UK time) whereas before it was at some point during the day. 4pm for a beta sounds great. Gives me time to remote onto my PC from work and start downloading just in time for when I get home at half 5 tomorrow 

This would be 11 AM my time. if i'm in for a Monday afternoon of some FM 24 i'll be a happy happy boy 

image.gif.f83da3371686b8d9b64f1a972c2d2a83.gif

Are you sure that’s what the blog said?

6 minutes ago, gunner86 said:

image.gif.f83da3371686b8d9b64f1a972c2d2a83.gif

Are you sure that’s what the blog said?

"So, why are we launching on a Monday, rather than the more game industry standard of Tuesday or Friday? 

Typically, the advertised release date for FM games has been a Tuesday and, in some years, we have released at midnight in the UK. Having done this a few times has led to people expecting it - and filling our social feeds with questions about when the game was going to be available - frustrating for you, and frustrating for us.

So, this year we're trying something different, and are being clear with both the date and time of release. As things stand, it’s looking possible for all formats to come out at this time globally – if that changes, we’ll let you know via our social channels."

https://www.footballmanager.com/news/football-manager-2024-feature-rollout-and-new-partnerships

They obviously didn't mention the beta but if they have a set time of 4pm for full release why not do it for beta 

"So, why are we launching on a Monday, rather than the more game industry standard of Tuesday or Friday? 

Typically, the advertised release date for FM games has been a Tuesday and, in some years, we have released at midnight in the UK. Having done this a few times has led to people expecting it - and filling our social feeds with questions about when the game was going to be available - frustrating for you, and frustrating for us.

So, this year we're trying something different, and are being clear with both the date and time of release. As things stand, it’s looking possible for all formats to come out at this time globally – if that changes, we’ll let you know via our social channels."

https://www.footballmanager.com/news/football-manager-2024-feature-rollout-and-new-partnerships

They obviously didn't mention the beta but if they have a set time of 4pm for full release why not do it for beta 

It had a set time before, but it’s just that midnight UK time seems to cause them issues. At least that’s how I read it.

They’ve never done a set Beta time cos they literally only know it a few hours before.

So what I guess I’m trying to say is, BETA AT 4PM TOMORROW BABY!!!

Tomorrow marks 21 days until full release, given the last two betas have been available 20 days before release, I don’t think it’s entirely improbable for a release tomorrow. Especially when 24 is more “polished” than previous versions. 3 weeks to fix potential beta issues would also line up with what Miles said yesterday about the team moving to FM25 by March! Releasing beta quicker means everything else can move faster too I would think? 

Here’s hoping SI thinks the same as I do!

6 minutes ago, gunner86 said:

It had a set time before, but it’s just that midnight UK time seems to cause them issues. At least that’s how I read it.

They’ve never done a set Beta time cos they literally only know it a few hours before.

So what I guess I’m trying to say is, BETA AT 4PM TOMORROW BABY!!!

spacer.png

Although he did say "in some years" they released midnight in UK but I've only been playing since FM15 so I am unsure about how many times this happened

3 minutes ago, jamiemca123 said:

Tomorrow marks 21 days until full release, given the last two betas have been available 20 days before release, I don’t think it’s entirely improbable for a release tomorrow. Especially when 24 is more “polished” than previous versions. 3 weeks to fix potential beta issues would also line up with what Miles said yesterday about the team moving to FM25 by March! Releasing beta quicker means everything else can move faster too I would think? 

Here’s hoping SI thinks the same as I do!

Hope Miles doesn't punish us for the alpha leak earlier by releasing it any sooner than tomorrow

👁️👄👁️

First we had the comms team for FM saying about 2-3 weeks for the beta release.

Then we have this latest thing (if it’s genuine) with that video that was tweeted earlier.

It’s like people are pissing off Big Dawg Miles to the point where he releases the beta a few days before just because he can.

1 minute ago, Domoboy23 said:

I'm still concerned it was described as licensing fires and then downplayed to ''just the usual approvals''

You know Miles. Always making fires out of molehills.

I think I’m using that expression correctly

23 минуты назад, nunch98 сказал:

Leak is a very strong word. There was a guy who had alpha and posted the button saying 'play'.

A brave and stupid hero. Is the name of this knight known?

47 минут назад, gunner86 сказал:

Mine tend to be crap enough beforehand not to notice the difference :lol:

The rule is simple. Tactics are nothing, dominance is everything

1 hour ago, Chelsea1903 said:

They are. When you have only recently joined there is a post limit. After a specified amount of post it disappears, both the limit and the hand.

2 minutes ago, Wolf_pd said:

They are. When you have only recently joined there is a post limit. After a specified amount of post it disappears, both the limit and the hand.

How many posts can I make before my hand disappears? I would rather know in advance.

1 hour ago, SMV90 said:

First we had the comms team for FM saying about 2-3 weeks for the beta release.

Then we have this latest thing (if it’s genuine) with that video that was tweeted earlier.

It’s like people are pissing off Big Dawg Miles to the point where he releases the beta a few days before just because he can.

What was the video tweeted?