The totally *not* official Advanced Access Speculation of FM24 - This time it’s speculative

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

I think what annoys most people is that it's most likely ready. And I say this because last year's game was out by this distance away from release, and the pandemic really made it challenging for them to get a game out at all. Miles has already said the Alpha for this game is the most polished he's EVER seen a release at this stage, so I can't think of a single reason why the beta hasn't dropped by now. That said, it's their ball, so they can do what they like.  

There's going to be chaos if it's not out tomorrow. Maybe that's what Miles wants. The stubborn old goat :lol:

good job we love him hey

1 hour ago, rdbayly said:

Should be absolutely impossible for lower / non-league sides to move off the ball like Man City

Why should it be impossible? You're playing against teams that are broadly at your level. When the old school teams were playing a basic 442 what you also say that lower division team shouldn't be able to play that way?

10 minutes ago, Anguscl said:

image.thumb.png.e6ad80e6af8957643b15d3d4b198b7b6.pngThey are still pushing updates....

I think if nothing else what it proves is that SI are still working on the game right up until the beta launch and they are telling the truth when they say it will be released as soon as its ready. 

Just making this point as a few people have questioned this today but if it was already ready and SI were holding it back for the sake of it there wouldn't be as many changes happening. 

4 minutes ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

I thought the same earlier. I think in previous years it peaked early and then the Beta got released so everyone was happy.

Maybe everyone has unfair expectations on the release of the Beta this year or maybe the fun of speclating every year has lost its appeal this year.

Also it is nearly 10pm so maybe people have come offline for the night.

to be honest Monday really felt like the beta day and like the good ol’ days, but it didn’t happen..

last night we had the updates on SteamDB + Neil today on the thread which made it look like beta was imminent today and again it didn’t happen..

I fee like tomorrow we’ll definitely reach the peak, also depending on how much the SI staff will tease us and how soon this will happen

1 minute ago, cosminandrei said:

to be honest Monday really felt like the beta day and like the good ol’ days, but it didn’t happen..

last night we had the updates on SteamDB + Neil today on the thread which made it look like beta was imminent today and again it didn’t happen..

I fee like tomorrow we’ll definitely reach the peak, also depending on how much the SI staff will tease us and how soon this will happen

Yeah I think sometimes people need to lower their expectations so they don't get hurt. I wasn't taking any seriousness into the thread and wasn't expecting the Beta to be released until Monday 23rd October cos that being 2 weeks before the full release.

I don't think the staff have done too much to get people's hope up other then doing it for banter cos people kept tagging them.

3 minutes ago, Brodie21 said:

I've had a drink. That's all you need to know ;-) 

Ok cool :p

11 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

There's going to be chaos if it's not out tomorrow. Maybe that's what Miles wants. The stubborn old goat :lol:

There was already more than enough chaos to be honest.

9 minutes ago, ma3 said:

I think it will take many years to repair the -very- BAD damage done to trust today.

I've only been part of this thread for a few hours, but what are you talking about LOL, they'll release when ready

24 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

I think what annoys most people is that it's most likely ready. And I say this because last year's game was out by this distance away from release, and the pandemic really made it challenging for them to get a game out at all. Miles has already said the Alpha for this game is the most polished he's EVER seen a release at this stage, so I can't think of a single reason why the beta hasn't dropped by now. That said, it's their ball, so they can do what they like.  

When I said this yesterday about the gaming being polished and it being concerning it wasn’t released, I had someone call me out.

I hope they’re less salty today.

12 минут назад, ma3 сказал:

I think it will take many years to repair the -very- BAD damage done to trust today.

Perhaps he is talking about faith in humanity? Well, this thread really looks creepy

This: | Веселые мемы, Веселые картинки, Христианские мемы

For years i have lurked and loved this thread and every year has some great post and fun before the release of the beta lets keep this thread honest to its core values and ignore the trolls.  Keep up the good work and let chuck norris push the button

3 minutes ago, aceicer said:

For years i have lurked and loved this thread and every year has some great post and fun before the release of the beta lets keep this thread honest to its core values and ignore the trolls.  Keep up the good work and let chuck norris push the button

giphy.gif

Edited by stevedaytona

3 minutes ago, aceicer said:

aggressive.gif

9 minutes ago, aceicer said:

Beavis And Butthead Comedy GIF by Paramount+

XT-002 from WoW seems to do a brilliant job of capturing the posting emotions of some folk:

It's got the whole hype for a new game, feeling you're ready, crushing disappointment and then resigned defeat. All in 40 seconds.