Squad planner shouldn't be tied to the tactics screen

If i have tactics set up for my current season but i want to plan for a new tactic next season i don't want to switch out my current tactics to do that, i want to be able to monitor and adjust my squad planner on the fly without effecting my current tactics.

On 08/10/2023 at 20:39, Poison said:

Doesn't it have multiple options as is? For all 3 slots? You could switch the new tactic to the 3rd slot for example and plan there maybe?

Yes but a lot of times i use all three slots plus i don't want to go back and fourth between screens if i want to try multiple tactics.

The real answer would for there to be more than three tactics slots, even if the game only trains the team for the tactics in slots 1 to 3.

But, having the squad planner tied to the tactics screen actually makes sense in most cases.  There's no point in planning for players in the AM position if you're playing a flat 4-4-2 for example.

Edited by kevhamster

4 hours ago, kevhamster said:

But, having the squad planner tied to the tactics screen actually makes sense in most cases.  There's no point in planning for players in the AM position if you're playing a flat 4-4-2 for example.

I agree, it's important to tie the planner to the tactics screen, however in FM23 it's very clunky and not user-friendly. Crossing my fingers the FM24 squad planner is designed to more elegantly integrate into the tactics screen (all 3 tactics), as well as the in-game roster / substitutions screen. I find myself having to tediously click back and forth, back and forth, between tactics or in-game to see what I spent time laying out in the squad planner.

1 hour ago, dankrzyz said:

I agree, it's important to tie the planner to the tactics screen, however in FM23 it's very clunky and not user-friendly. Crossing my fingers the FM24 squad planner is designed to more elegantly integrate into the tactics screen (all 3 tactics), as well as the in-game roster / substitutions screen. I find myself having to tediously click back and forth, back and forth, between tactics or in-game to see what I spent time laying out in the squad planner.

They have said it's improved, so here's hoping!  It was definitely half-baked in FM23.

39 minutes ago, kevhamster said:

They have said it's improved, so here's hoping!  It was definitely half-baked in FM23.

My dream is that someday, FM offers second screen capability and I can have the squad planner open for reference while I'm scouting for players, playing games, managing my roster, arranging transfers/loans, et cetera.