Where did all the sticky threads go?

1 hour ago, herne79 said:

I had a PM from @Jimmy Wong asking if I'd be able to update them as I made them.  I advised as I'm no longer active on the forums (and no longer a Mod) he'd be best off asking the current T&T Mods.

@Johnny Ace @Rashidi Seems a little drastic to remove them all?

Just pruning them ahead of FM23, they are going all the way back to older editions of the game. Some of the information is also out of date.  Will need to go back in and see what to keep.

2 hours ago, AndrikoDS said:

Thanks for the reply, and for doing so much work for them in the past. I'd be lost at sea with this game without alot of those guides!

They should mostly be back, I had to organise the pinned threads ahead of FM23, there has been no... updates to that thread since FM19 i think

Thanks Rashidi - they are getting old, but it's the only stuff out there. It seems everyone wants to do youtube now, or just have some generic 'to build a good tactic you need defenders' advice. Those threads are a sort of bible on football tactics, and it's great for people like me who don't know anything about it and don't like or watch football either.

Once again, thanks all of you who have put them all together over the years, I wouldn't enjoy (or be able) playing this game without them!

I've been lurking around this forum for years taking bits from each one. Rashidi, Cleon,  Herne and a few others. Helps when things are going wrong. Another eye so to speak. But, and it is a minor criticism, they were getting out of date. 4-5 versions old. Still relative but in the last 2 years at least nothing new has come out to the level and of real good quality like what we used have.  

21 minutes ago, CalumF said:

I've been lurking around this forum for years taking bits from each one. Rashidi, Cleon,  Herne and a few others. Helps when things are going wrong. Another eye so to speak. But, and it is a minor criticism, they were getting out of date. 4-5 versions old. Still relative but in the last 2 years at least nothing new has come out to the level and of real good quality like what we used have.  

Really? I believe everything I've written the past year is better than anything I wrote in the past

Hidden a few posts, ultimately, the opinion of one poster finding a few things outdated doesn't really need to then go down a path of promoting external websites for FM resources. Not what this thread was for. 

If there are certain posts people are feeling should be stickied as guides then reach out to some of the T&T Mods, however, as mentioned by Rashidi there is currently a review ongoing as to what threads are still appropriate or may need adjusting moving forward. 

6 minutes ago, Cleon said:

I've posted an awful lot on here this year and the threads were really popular, even released a book. And everything I write is on my website;

https://www.viewfromthetouchline.com/

Just subscribed to the website.

Ive used a lot of your work over the years to help and work on my own tactics Cleon, stuff that goes way back to 2015/16 im sure on tactical building, squad building, the 4231, it goes on. 

Im on the forums constant from around October through to around February, mainly researching and looking for help on my own tactic. Once I have it working, I do seem to come on less due to the game cycle and basically the weather improving and getting out more.  I might be wrong in saying, but you might not of put that new work out before the end of the year and maybe missed a lot. 

That saying, having your own website makes total sense and I will come on and take a look. For the forums here, maybe tactical content from creators like yourself should be highlighted and be given more visibility. And not just with stickies!! ????  

3 minutes ago, CalumF said:

That saying, having your own website makes total sense and I will come on and take a look. For the forums here, maybe tactical content from creators like yourself should be highlighted and be given more visibility. And not just with stickies!! ????  

I'd second that!

1 hour ago, AndrikoDS said:

I'd second that!

1 hour ago, CalumF said:

Fwiw A ton of community content has been posted on The Byline https://www.footballmanager.com/the-byline/tactics

3 hours ago, santy001 said:

Hidden a few posts, ultimately, the opinion of one poster finding a few things outdated doesn't really need to then go down a path of promoting external websites for FM resources. Not what this thread was for. 

If there are certain posts people are feeling should be stickied as guides then reach out to some of the T&T Mods, however, as mentioned by Rashidi there is currently a review ongoing as to what threads are still appropriate or may need adjusting moving forward. 

It wasn’t a promotion, was just explaining I’d been around. Everything posted there was posted here anyway. Bit of an overreaction.