FM24 Early Access Official Feedback Thread

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

37 minutes ago, GunmaN1905 said:

I'm really sorry my first post about FM24 has to be a complaint, but this is hillarious.

Calhanoglu single-handedly saved Inter's season after Brozović's injury by playing as a deep midfielder in 352, got to CL final, continued being Inter's most important player this season and he's still at 10 bravery, work rate, marking and 12 stamina?

How can a player who's playing every match and constantly covering the most distance have 12 stamina and 10 work rate? Like do you even have anyone watching Serie A or it's just about who can inflate EPL players' ratings the most.

I see that beloved Maguire still has 16 positioning.

Amazing stuff.

The Inter Milan scouting has been silly for years. When Eriksen was there his workrate and determination was nerfed by the researcher who seems to be mixing own oppinions on personality in over facts like statistics on distance covered etc. Luckily now that Eriksen is back in UK he has been brought back to more proper attributes. 

7 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Arsenal Squad list from 31/1/23

image.png.54e28d1e6ad14bf825a1e257db41e6fe.pngimage.png.9619585a3eac5d35651ec2c94406f0ce.png

ooo interesting - was this on the "your world" mode? Essentially means you can start before the transfer window opens, which is amazing!

Thank you for looking

Edited by craiigman

2 minutes ago, molsen said:

The Inter Milan scouting has been silly for years. When Eriksen was there his workrate and determination was nerfed by the researcher who seems to be mixing own oppinions on personality in over facts like statistics on distance covered etc. Luckily now that Eriksen is back in UK he has been brought back to more proper attributes. 

Honestly, for years it's looked like someone who barely watches the team does the attributes.

I love Lautaro, but they just gave him 17 finishing, come on. :D

Barella still looks like some BWM type midfielder.

In the long run stats of older players are irrelevant, but it's ridiculous that most important players of a CL finalist can be so way off for years, without any changes.

But Onana instantly got updated as soon as he moved to MUTD.

Also, attribute masking is way too strong. For example if I take over Inter, Milan squad is a big unknown, even the players who are there for years. Let alone players from other leagues. FM23 was the first time I disabled attribute masking, I think I'm going to do the same in FM24.

Btw, Julian Alvarez is available for ~45m€. :D

I might be being stupid, but when setting up a game (advanced menu) you used to be able to choose select club later (so when it's loaded) but that option seems to have gone? You either have to select a club on the quick set-up or go to advance and then unemployed?

1 minute ago, Domoboy23 said:

I might be being stupid, but when setting up a game (advanced menu) you used to be able to choose select club later (so when it's loaded) but that option seems to have gone? You either have to select a club on the quick set-up or go to advance and then unemployed?

image.png.2c1f53326cea2e8a5e8649fc83b610ec.pngSti

Still there, mate. 

2 minutes ago, Domoboy23 said:

I always choose a club after setup, no idea why. I hope this isn't the case.

5 minutes ago, KillYourIdols said:

IIRC, Harry Clarke left 19th January 2023, unless I've totally misses the point of the post (been a long few days)

There will probably be some inconsistencies with it, but it should still be relatively accurate. That was using a Japanese start date. There's loads of countries who will start in June, for example. 

4 minutes ago, Domoboy23 said:

It's there as I chose it.

3 minutes ago, Obamayang said:

Ridiculously high pass completion % from FM22 is back. Even in League 2 they have 90%+ pass completion % if you simulate on full detail

Lemme load up my Scotland 13-tier mod - I'm currently in the Highland Amateur League playing hoofball. If teams have 90% pass completion there, we have a problem!

Match engine feedback --

I can't find the right speed when viewing highlights.  

I've got the players looking realistic in terms of movement but the ball looks slower. If I make it one notch faster the ball speed seems realistic but the players seem sped up versus reality. 

Hope that makes sense. 

1 minute ago, numbas2 said:

Match engine feedback --

I can't find the right speed when viewing highlights.  

I've got the players looking realistic in terms of movement but the ball looks slower. If I make it one notch faster the ball speed seems realistic but the players seem sped up versus reality. 

Hope that makes sense. 

I believe from the features articles the ball speed is lower when compared to FM23, as it was far too fast on that.

8 minutes ago, phnompenhandy said:

Lemme load up my Scotland 13-tier mod - I'm currently in the Highland Amateur League playing hoofball. If teams have 90% pass completion there, we have a problem!

I have a question: How many players do you load? What regions? Thanks, gracias!

Edited by Hanxvirenk208

12 minutes ago, Obamayang said:

Ridiculously high pass completion % from FM22 is back. Even in League 2 they have 90%+ pass completion % if you simulate on full detail

What is "they"?

Players? Teams? Over how many games?

Some non league teams have a higher pass percentage than premier league teams. If every team is showing a high number of pass completion, sure there might be an issue.

I haven't played any matches yet so I can't comment on my own findings. But hoping this isn't the case and chaos, dodgy touches, passes and hoofball is still there 

3 minutes ago, Hanxvirenk208 said:

How many players do you load? What regions?

My notes tell me:

30 leagues from 9 nations, 2 view-only (Arg, Bra). 40,000 players (all Eng > L6 North and Scot - my thread > Highland Amateur Division 3. 3.5 star speed

The Scottish file is my adaptation of one I got off sortittoutsi. I created a squad of 14-15 year olds all with CA1.

Edited by phnompenhandy

Just now, phnompenhandy said:

My notes tell me:

30 leagues from 9 nations, 2 view-only (Arg, Bra). 40,000 players (all Eng > L6 North and Scot - my thread > Highland Div 3. 3.5 star speed

The Scottish file is my adaptation of one I got off sortittoutsi. I created a squad of 114-15 year olds all with CA1.

Great, thanks!

Seems to be an issue when selecting certain personnel on set pieces. Trying to put certain players on the counter for a corner and there isn't a way to simply select a replacement when you click "change" 

Work around seems to be changing the priority order?

I really like the way you can talk to agents about market interest for your players now. I have a player who wasn't keen on leaving, agent found a club who wanted them, and they immediately came back with a bid. Player was still unsure, so had a quick chat and they seem to be more open to persuasion now (or it could have been just this example), and he's agreed to join them. Lovely stuff. 

I have found a major problem, i started unemployed with high rep etc and got the Man United job. I have just won 3 games in a row:lol:

So far the match engine is amazing and like the above poster said, the player and ball movement have greatly improved. I have just checked my passing % and its 83%, 86% and 87% so dont seem a problem. 

• SI Staff
8 minutes ago, Iskalachi said:

Seems to be an issue when selecting certain personnel on set pieces. Trying to put certain players on the counter for a corner and there isn't a way to simply select a replacement when you click "change" 

Work around seems to be changing the priority order?

Players are all picked by the priority lists now.

It's a bit of an initial learning curve, but it's really powerful and once it 'clicks', I hope you'll agree that it's much better than the old system.

But I do recommend that everybody does the tutorial and really reads through it carefully, because it is very different to what the old system was and it can be a bit confusing at first. It's important to remember that you're choosing and swapping instructions, not players. The lists are used to choose the players on a matchday.

11 minutes ago, Jack Sarahs said:

Can we please keep the comments to feedback on FM24 early access. 

I would respectfully say before jumping to conclusions that people actually play the games for themselves and use their own eyes to determine if they think there are issues. If you find any please report them in our bug tracker and we in the Match team will take a look at it, but basing thoughts and comments on one person's holidaying of matches in 1 save file doesn't help anyone and it also clogs up this thread from useful feedback.

Thanks

I'm not jumping to any conclusions because I haven't looked at the match engine much yet, but just saying the stats look like it does in FM22, and doesn't look like the stats from FM23 when it comes to pass completion %. And yes it was from simming whole season in holiday on full detail

3 minutes ago, Shambolic said:

Really enjoying how the match engine looks so far, the build up play seems a lot smoother and more varied than last year.

When it comes to match engine I noticed there's a lot more dribbling and different kinds of dribbling such as feints which didn't exist before. So that looks really good

1 hour ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Give people an inch, they want an mile. It's the FM way. 

This is a thread for feedback, I'm giving it in good faith.

It's a weird implementation, the appeal of this is that you get to have a go at the transfer window as things ended last season - what we have is an odd halfway house. 

Can anyone confirm if this is still an issue in the game (specifically, the staff numbers thing, but the surprise "going professional" question remains relevant too although I'd be surprised if anyone has quite had enough playtime to experience this just yet)

I'm really not keen on purchasing this year if this is still an ongoing issue. :(

42 minutes ago, Jack Sarahs said:

Can we please keep the comments to feedback on FM24 early access. 

I would respectfully say before jumping to conclusions that people actually play the games for themselves and use their own eyes to determine if they think there are issues. If you find any please report them in our bug tracker and we in the Match team will take a look at it, but basing thoughts and comments on one person's holidaying of matches in 1 save file doesn't help anyone and it also clogs up this thread from useful feedback.

Thanks

This is feedback about FM 24, no?

I've only played a couple games and my initial observations was the exact same in regards to pass completion. FM 23 nailed it so it's a disappointing regression to go back to how it was in FM 22 where any player is able to find a pass without issue. 

Early days so my opinion may change but it's not looking good bruv. (everything else looks great tho tbf)

10 minutes ago, BJG123 said:

This is a thread for feedback, I'm giving it in good faith.

It's a weird implementation, the appeal of this is that you get to have a go at the transfer window as things ended last season - what we have is an odd halfway house. 

I've already told you how to get round this. The concept of the Your World feature is that the transfers are up to date as of the start date in your game. Then you recreate history.