FM24 Early Access Official Feedback Thread

49 минут назад, Domoboy23 сказал:

It might just be more noticeable as they are shown as highlights more?

Good point. FM directs our attention to corners. IRL we don’t watch closely to corners unless it’s end of a match in which your team needs to score a goal

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, Bianconeri_tifosi said:

Many players suddenly worth 100 mil+ after half a season.

That is not realistic at all. Examples are Domenico Berardi (20), Lazar Samardzic (20) and Nicolas Gonzalez (35).

Transfermarkt  values in parentheses.

Can anything be done towards realistic transfer-values?

Yeah, it's ridiculous considering Udinese agreed on a really low fee for Samadržić this summer and that Berardi is 29.

It seems that they don't really care about Serie A.

For like 10th game in a row, Inter has exact same 15m€ transfer budget and you can even get more from the ownership. Hillarious considering the actual financial situation Inter is in. Completely ruins the challenge because in FM it plays like Moratti is still in charge and you can waste money away.

I already mentioned some attributes that are hillariously bad, but it's hopeless. I'd just honestly like to talk a bit to Inter researcher to hear his explanation because some of these hillarious attributes.

A few odd things I've noticed.

Made loan requests for Diallo and Hannibal from United. They wanted me to play Diallo as a right winger when he's left footed and Hannibal as a BWM when he's clearly not suited to that role.

I'm ipswich and Luton have bid for a CB back from me in January. He'll get unsettled if I don't accept a bid despite them being 15 points adrift at the bottom of the league and pretty much relegated and I'm top of the championship. Just don't see how his reaction is realistic 

Edited by Iakovenko

I just had a player sold out from under me by the board accepting an offer for my best young player. The message at 22:57 gave me the opportunity to protest the transfer, however the messages at 23:05 and 23:11 confirming his exit were already in my inbox!

Is this a bug or does the board play proper hard ball this year? If so, why give me the option to protest when he is already a Monaco player? Some pretty weird stuff going on with interactions and logic.

image.png.1ff885f5781ac382c75e4a298efd6fc8.png

1 hour ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Well done SI, you've somehow managed to make interactions worse this year, despite their improvement being one of the headline features. 

Got my whole squad moaning that we don't have enough depth in goal (I have 3 keepers), and even when I sign two more on deadline day, one of which is almost as good as the first choice (can you see the future problems?) and they're still not happy. 

I'm not sure if this is a side issue of me carrying over an FM23 save onto this one, but I can't imagine that should be the case. 

It's ok. It's a beta. This is why they do it - to identify these issues...

16 minutes ago, rdbayly said:

I just had a player sold out from under me by the board accepting an offer for my best young player. The message at 22:57 gave me the opportunity to protest the transfer, however the messages at 23:05 and 23:11 confirming his exit were already in my inbox!

Is this a bug or does the board play proper hard ball this year? If so, why give me the option to protest when he is already a Monaco player? Some pretty weird stuff going on with interactions and logic.

Were you taking part in transfer deadline day? I think I've seen this happen before if you aren't participating due to the short timescales.

3 hours ago, craiigman said:

tbf people have and do wear glasses without actually needing glasses for sight reasons, so an accessory. I would also make the assumption that a larger % of the population wear glasses compared to needing hearing aids, and generally speaking, people don't think of glasses as an ability aid when compared to a hearing aid.

If they simply added hearing aids to accessories would that make you more or less angry?

Well even wearing shades are usually to reduce the glare of the sun and thus aid sight.  But onto the hearing aid topic, just adding the hearing aid into the accessories section would have been perfectly fine.  If they're going to add more aids in the future like mobility aids such as walking sticks/crutches/wheel chairs then having an "aids" section makes sense.  As it currently is just add them to accessories as that can also include jewellery and other cultural garments to cater to other demographics going forward.

hace 1 hora, Freakiie dijo:

If you mean the tutorial there should be a question mark at the top right of the screen, next to the menu icon, through which you can rerun any tutorial.

That's not it, I mean the new set piece window where you tell the coach what features you want (inswinger or outswinger, how many players go forward/stay back, etc..) and it creates the routines for you.

hace 46 minutos, Bianconeri_tifosi dijo:

Many players suddenly worth 100 mil+ after half a season.

That is not realistic at all. Examples are Domenico Berardi (20), Lazar Samardzic (20) , Tommaso Baldanzi (15) and Nicolas Gonzalez (35).

Transfermarkt  values in parentheses.

Can anything be done towards realistic transfer-values?

Not saying you're wrong, but you shouldn't take Transfermarkt values as gospel, they're often made up from thin air.

• SI Staff
23 minutes ago, rdbayly said:

image.png.1ff885f5781ac382c75e4a298efd6fc8.png

You should have had the opportunity to reply so this sounds like something is not working as intended. If you happen to have a save game before the offer is made would you mind heading over to the bug forums and we will look into what is causing this. 

https://community.sigames.com/bugtracker/football-manager-2024-early-access-bugs-tracker/transfers-scouting-contracts-and-agentsintermediaries/

Cheers,

Ben

23 minutes ago, HighFlyingDwarf said:

In summary, this one is a good one. This is not on the same level as FM12 when that game reached maturity,

That's quite the hot take, the FM12 match engine is still the most exploitable engine in the whole series. 

By the way, I much prefer the Squad Planner to the Squad Depth screen, and I've never used pencil and paper whilst playing FM in my life. The way it's improved this year has made it even more useful to me when checking squad depth. I particularly like the ratings showing how strong you are in each position. 

48 minutes ago, Iakovenko said:

Made loan requests for Diallo and Hannibal from United. They wanted me to play Diallo as a right winger when he's left footed and Hannibal as a BWM when he's clearly not suited to that role.

I'm ipswich and Luton have bid for a CB back from me in January. He'll get unsettled if I don't accept a bid despite them being 15 points adrift at the bottom of the league and pretty much relegated and I'm top of the championship. Just don't see how his reaction is realistic 

I'm guessing you've not seen either of the Utd players play much? Amad Diallo plays off of the right in most games as an inverted winger, it's his best position. Hannibal has a lot of attributes that make him an effective ball-winner - his work rate and fitness are excellent, he's aggressive in the press, a tenacious albeit sometimes careless tackler and can drive up the pitch after winning the ball. He's a decent playmaker as well but he's added a lot to the defensive side of his game over the last year. 

2 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

That's quite the hot take, the FM12 match engine is still the most exploitable engine in the whole series. 

By the way, I much prefer the Squad Planner to the Squad Depth screen, and I've never used pencil and paper whilst playing FM in my life. The way it's improved this year has made it even more useful to me when checking squad depth. I particularly like the ratings showing how strong you are in each position. 

I don't think there's any match engine which has been completely invulnerable from match engine exploitation, but the overall package of FM12 was still considerably stronger for what it was at the time in my view.

I may never agree with anybody on the squad planner. It's been shown that most people who want something like this either continue using pen and paper or just preferred squad depth. Manually calibrating the team instead of having it automated for you as squad depth did is inherently a downgrade. Squad depth was not originally in FM23 and got re-added I believe, which speaks volumes to this.

I am I being a bit dim here?

Just setting up save and as I want to play with attribute masking on - I don't tick 'Disable Player Attribute Masking'. However, in the info box it states that if you want to see all the attributes from the off - keep it unticked.

Surely you untick to enable the masking, right??

image.png.0c0a3ea774270d8059d47a0ce24fcc96.png

4 minutes ago, metal_guitarist said:

I'm guessing you've not seen either of the Utd players play much? Amad Diallo plays off of the right in most games as an inverted winger, it's his best position. Hannibal has a lot of attributes that make him an effective ball-winner - his work rate and fitness are excellent, he's aggressive in the press, a tenacious albeit sometimes careless tackler and can drive up the pitch after winning the ball. He's a decent playmaker as well but he's added a lot to the defensive side of his game over the last year. 

Precisely my point,  he's an inverted winger not a winger 

54 minutes ago, kabajingai said:

AI is still making daft signings. Arteta in 2028 just signed Kepa for 70m and he's played ONE game.

Likewise, international managers are still picking based on rep. The youngest player in the England team is 26.

This is extremely concerning to hear. Mainly because this is not a "bug" it is an issue that has been around for years, compounded by SI saying AI would be smarter.

5 minutes ago, HighFlyingDwarf said:

I may never agree with anybody on the squad planner. It's been shown that most people who want something like this either continue using pen and paper or just preferred squad depth. Manually calibrating the team instead of having it automated for you as squad depth did is inherently a downgrade. Squad depth was not originally in FM23 and got re-added I believe, which speaks volumes to this.

The old squad depth screen never allowed you to add in shortlisted players, or directly set up a recruitment focus for a position you are short in. Plus it also includes an old school squad depth screen anyway. To me, it's one of the best additions in the game, particularly since it's been improved since the somewhat dodgy way it was implemented last year. But I guess we'll never agree on this :D

7 minutes ago, Lempicka said:

I am I being a bit dim here?

Just setting up save and as I want to play with attribute masking on - I don't tick 'Disable Player Attribute Masking'. However, in the info box it states that if you want to see all the attributes from the off - keep it unticked.

Surely you untick to enable the masking, right??

image.png.0c0a3ea774270d8059d47a0ce24fcc96.png

You're right. Having it ticked disables masking. The last sentence is the opposite of what actually happens. 

4 minutes ago, Iakovenko said:

Precisely my point,  he's an inverted winger not a winger 

Think I mis-interpreted that part of your post, I thought the issue was about him playing on the right rather than on left because he's left footed so sorry for that. It might be that the loan was requirements as a winger were to develop elements of his game opposed to an inverted winger - going on the outside rather than cutting in, more use of his right foot, crossing from the byline rather than from a deeper position etc. 

55 minutes ago, kabajingai said:

AI is still making daft signings. Arteta in 2028 just signed Kepa for 70m and he's played ONE game.

Likewise, international managers are still picking based on rep. The youngest player in the England team is 26.

Oh dear. Looks like I'll be waiting for Daveincid's updates before purchasing again. I can't believe they haven't fixed this for three FMs now. 

15 minutes ago, metal_guitarist said:

Teams being so precious about where a loan player plays is well overdone still. Amad was playing as an AM for Sunderland last year, I’m sure United were not bothered. 

Similarly Alvaro Fernandez is currently playing left wing for Granada. I bet the United manager isn’t complaining. 

It’s a weird feature that doesn’t add anything realistic. Just annoyance. 

Edited by DP

1 hour ago, kabajingai said:

Had Ramsdale and/or Raya left?

Highly influential players (at high rep teams also) are also still kicking up a fuss when fringe players who aren't good enough aren't given new contracts. We're still at the point of just paying up 10k and keeping fringe players we don't want, to stop the whole squad turning against us

Not had a chance to play myself yet but seeing a thread on Reddit where they say the AI is still broken. Silly transfers and not playing youth or rotating etc. Has anyone noticed any AI improvements? This was the one feature that made me decide to buy FM again 

1 hour ago, Iakovenko said:

And another bid from Luton for Leif Davies and he gets mardy.  I just don't think players would be that desperate to join a team that is definitely getting relegated when I'm looking likely to get promoted 

anyone else having the game just close? no crash log or error, just *gone* ? can happen every 2 minutes or go an hour without happening... totally random, i just hit the space bar to continue, or click any button on screen and i'm on my desktop and FM has closed. my 'crash dump' folder is totally empty

other than that i am enjoying the game bar too many injuries!!! but i think i say that every FM

Not sure if this has been mentioned or not.

I have started a few games in England now. Exactly the same leagues loaded (I load a lot) and a large database. Sometimes I get around 125k players loaded in the database and other times only about 86k. Anyone else finding a discrepancy in the amount of players loaded?

• SI Staff
2 hours ago, kabajingai said:

We are aware of an issue regarding goalkeeper recruitment and it is something that is being investigated.

In regards to the England squad I would be  interested in taking a look at your save game as work has been done to improve a number of factors around this. Each save plays out differently but the results i'm seeing in internal tests look different to what you have seen.

If you would like to drop a report and save game of your age issue into this forum I will make sure it is looked into - https://community.sigames.com/bugtracker/football-manager-2024-early-access-bugs-tracker/international-management-and-squad-planner/

1 hour ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

The old squad depth screen never allowed you to add in shortlisted players, or directly set up a recruitment focus for a position you are short in. Plus it also includes an old school squad depth screen anyway. To me, it's one of the best additions in the game, particularly since it's been improved since the somewhat dodgy way it was implemented last year. But I guess we'll never agree on this :D

I love the Squad Planner.  Mainly because I can have players in the order I consider to them to be, not the "opinion" of a staff member.  The added icons that a player is a starter in another position is very helpful when considering my permutations as well.

I appreciate I might be in the minority.

10 minutes ago, GIMN said:

I love the Squad Planner.  Mainly because I can have players in the order I consider to them to be, not the "opinion" of a staff member. 

That's a great point actually. I also like how it has no bearing on the team, it's like a secret wee area the players can't see! So you can mess about with it how you like. 

Yup, I'm definitely a squad planner fanboy :lol:

Things to fix at launch

1. too many overall matches scored

2. too many goals from set pieces

3. the role of the inverted wingback needs to be less influential. Currently, using the inverted wingback regardless of the player gives you a significant advantage (it's like using a cheat engine).

4 hours ago, rdbayly said:

Check my post a page or two back. I had a dressing room revolt on day 5 in my first role due to a lack of depth, that I had treated someone unfairly despite him never raising an issue and my 'poor management' of the team. I think it's a bug.

That shouldnt happen- please report it with a save game and let the developers have a look.

25 minutes ago, Choi seung won said:

3. the role of the inverted wingback needs to be less influential. Currently, using the inverted wingback regardless of the player gives you a significant advantage (it's like using a cheat engine).

Maybe it's because the team I'm playing with isn't particularly good (top half Danish Superliga) in terms of player quality, but I haven't found that to be the case. IWBs both on my and AI teams haven't been dominating the matches, their match ratings have been about as expected, and it's not a magic "give your team 70% possession" button either as I've been on the losing side of the possession battle as much as I have the winning side.

Im not sure if this has already been mentioned, although I'm sure that it has. 

It seems the amount of shots hitting the woodwork has increased from last year, and that was pretty bad. It seems like the woodwork is getting hit at least 3 times a game.

I'm wondering if it's the ball physics (which are mostly great) that's contributing to the sheer amount of goals (needs reducing). The ball acts like a mitre and then the moment someone takes a shot on goal with it it turns into a jabulani. Might be an avenue to explore and a possibly easier rectification route rather fiddling with conversion zones, stats and chance tech stuff.