FM24 Early Access Official Feedback Thread

17 minutes ago, wazzaflow10 said:

I agree. I don't think it's an attacking issue as much as its a defensive awareness issue.

When teams play a narrow 4-3-2-1 or 4-3-1-2 and overload the middle the defensive team does not pick up the front three effectively at all. 

I don't want them to nerf attacking play. Just make players follow their mark much better or be more aware of who they should be marking (especially if they are told to man mark a player/position).

True, it would also help if defenders at least looked like they're attempting to be somewhere between the opposition player and their own goal. Sometimes they would just randomly move out of the away (not even an offside trap attempt). Maybe it's the game's way to simulate low concentration and positioning, but looks quite unnatural when defenders just drop extremely out of position for no visible reason.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators
1 minute ago, GOODNAME said:

Hey quick question

If I'm willing to continue my save in the Beta to the full game 

The ME changes (if there will be any) will be updated to my save in the Beta or i need to open new save in order for the changes in the ME will be updated? 

The only changes that require new games are typically data and competition related changes. 

1 minute ago, josel15 said:

The data (so player stats and all that) will change with the full release, right?

Yeah, they always have a lot of updates to data after the full release. Things like licenses not being fully implemented and so on as well as lots of touched up player data.

Bug fixes of course are the most important part of the update.

On 04/11/2023 at 20:45, Bahoi said:

I reported it as a Bug when my team was up 3-0 at min 10 and 5-0 at the end.

The AI did jack s**t in regards of subs, tactics or whatever.

They agreed it's a known issue, which bodes very well for the "improved AI" headline feature.

This happened in FM23 as well. Are you telling me they haven't fixed AI teams not subbing this year?!

I simply refuse to believe this to be such a difficult coding problem that they couldn't fix it with a patch last year, let alone in this year new game. What is honestly going on in SI to not have this kind of error fixed long time ago?

Just now, Rayban_DK said:

This happened in FM23 as well. Are you telling me they haven't fixed AI teams not subbing this year?!

I simply refuse to believe this to be such a difficult coding problem that they couldn't fix it with a patch last year, let alone in this year new game. What is honestly going on in SI to not have this kind of error fixed long time ago?

They acknowleged that it is a known bug which is very dissapointing considering it is supposed to be a headline feature

1 minute ago, Rayban_DK said:

Pretty sure they're looking for developers if you want to try your hand at fixing it.

1 minuto atrás, KeiranShikari disse:

Yeah, they always have a lot of updates to data after the full release. Things like licenses not being fully implemented and so on as well as lots of touched up player data.

Bug fixes of course are the most important part of the update.

If the stats are very similar, no need in creating a new save, if they aren't, will do.

Wouldn't lose a lot tbh.

9 minutes ago, nimbleshadow said:

True, it would also help if defenders at least looked like they're attempting to be somewhere between the opposition player and their own goal. Sometimes they would just randomly move out of the away (not even an offside trap attempt). Maybe it's the game's way to simulate low concentration and positioning, but looks quite unnatural when defenders just drop extremely out of position for no visible reason.

Yeah there's always the ME interpretation of what is it  trying to show you. I've found the beta version so far to be super encouraging in getting my team to position themselves on the ball how I want. Defensively I think you have to get creative with man marking to account for the areas where players can pop up now. I often find myself taking one winger and marking  an IWB or DM's to rebalance the central midfield. I don't know if that would work well IRL but it keeps a defender free to react to breakdowns or quick changes of possession (i.e. outlet). 

I do wish you'd see more fluid switching of marks/passing off attackers as the ball moves from flank to flank.

1 hour ago, Domoboy23 said:

If it is (and it looks like it) just the sheer conversion rate that needs to be toned down, that should be doable without altering anything else in the ME. As the shot would be the end point of a move. It's not as if it's a case of changing the amount or type of chances (which would be a big thing) etc with potential knock ons

As I said about 25 pages ago the fix is historically to NERF finishing and then we get people complaining that strikers are rubbish and can't hit a barn door.

I see quite a few what I'd consider low percentage chances just going straight through keepers especially at lower levels.

15 hours ago, eXistenZ said:

And if my grandmother had wheels, she'd be a bike.....

Expecting something like interactions and  AI squad building being fixed in two weeks when it hasnt been fixed after several years (despite saying they'd focus on it) is living in cloud cuckoo land

Not really.

Expecting a headline feature to work as advertised is not living in cloud cuckoo land. Paying money for advertised features and giving them a pass for not fixing it is.

To fix interactions and promises I think they'd have to rebuild them from the ground up and they're not doing that. For that reason I didn't believe it when they mentioned it in their adverts. Lying is allowed as long as it isn't on the steam page or the back of the box.

1 час назад, Domoboy23 сказал:

xG overperformance does however seem to be in excess of +250 goals per season in the leagues highlighted in the spreadsheet (Champ, L2, Spain etc) suggesting that it isn't necessarily a case of too many good quality chances being created. Small sample size though of course, and it could be a combination.

That being said, quite happy with the ME and how it plays, probably the best ever. Maybe a bit more chaos needed and passer % lowering for defenders/certain players. But the amount of goals is a big one for me at the moment and is stopping me playing. Just makes games seem completely random, game plans pointless, and no seeing 0-0's or 1-0's only as rarities.

I feel ai is more aggressive in beta. It's good because it's boring to see how stronger team plays in defensive football without chances against me.

But probably this is why xG and goals more in this version. Attacks decisions are better, defensive almost the same. Just a theory