• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

kIykJox.png

Artjoms Laizāns' Management Career - August 2034 - FK RFS

Virslīga

V8IlPCS.png

epZkN6P.png

If Riga had any hope that we might falter after the Super Nova defeat, we've extinguished them. A perfect month, including two big wins over Valmiera, and we're well back on track.

Latvijas Kauss

NrUgNt9.png

We played our strongest XI here and BFC probably didn't like it.

We've got Spartaks at home in the semi final, probably the easiest possible draw.

UEFA Europa Conference League

7wUm7Xf.png

Our second choice players carried on the job against Ararat, unfortunately we dropped out against a Polish side Jagiellonia. It was a close fought tie, they had more of the ball but we had a higher xG in both games. With better finishing we could have got past them.

kIykJox.png

Artjoms Laizāns' Management Career - September 2034 - FK RFS

Virslīga

e3p9Upp.png

zgJnxsR.png

Second perfect month in a row, including a particularly satisfying win over Super Nova.

Latvijas Kauss

ezyzgT6.png

Oh boy, I guess they didn't like me underestimating them! Spartaks gave us a huge scare with two early goals. Thankfully we managed to turn the game around and win thanks to a stoppage time goal from Spirins.

Grobiņas will be our final opponent. Certainly not an easy tie!

Transfers

Shola Shoretire - a free transfer and probably the best player to have ever played in the Latvian league. He may be 30, but what a coup for us!

Youth Intake

ac13y3W.png

Meh.

Juris Vavilovs

BkUYHWS.png

hm8yLBO.png

RlyosZQ.png

hjWubMM.png

aYzzuLB.png

pzRkMPl.png

What seemed inevitable has now been officially confirmed. We clinch the title with four games to spare, beating Riga in the decisive game nonetheless. We're also on track to break all sorts of records this season. It took a long eleven years, but I've finally won my first piece of silverware!

JJ1unAp.png

rAnX06k.png

BPYoTXe.png

Just four days after securing the league title we have a chance to complete the domestic double. It's my third attempt at the Latvian cup final and for the first time my team are actually favourites to win it. No pressure!

ecPm4Ut.png

kr95bNl.png

C3Tpls5.png

msnMh1F.png

2wY6lqP.png

X2TvM6a.png

Never in doubt! While Grobiņas usually tend to give us tight games and trouble us with their aggressive high press, this was honestly a poor performance from them as we strolled to a deserved victory. 18-year-old Kalniņš emerges as the unlikely hero, having recently broken into our starting XI. His goal was his first ever for the club and while it did take a lucky deflection, it's surely going to be a huge moment and a fantastic memory for the young lad. We've also set one more record, our attacking play has been exceptional this season.

kIykJox.png

Artjoms Laizāns' Management Career - October 2034 - FK RFS

Virslīga

7eR7jSx.png

SWBBRqU.png

I'm peeved to have lost for the second time this season, though the two emphatic away wins over Riga and Liepāja certainly do send a message! If we win the three remaining games, we're going to end the season on a massive 100 points. You know what the aim for the rest of the season is.

Latvijas Kauss

r8hXCeS.png

A confident performance and a well earned trophy.

2 minutes ago, Hootieleece said:

It looks like RFS was the Club on the rise even before you took over. Now with you in charge Domination will become the name of the game.

They had the highest reputation in Latvia already, so you're generally right. All it took was one bad season to fire the previous manager, I'd be a fool not to take the chance!

kIykJox.png

Artjoms Laizāns' Management Career - November 2034 - FK RFS

Virslīga

mFdPLjP.png

LRgttXA.png

Honestly this is a poor month by our standards. Frustratingly, we let a two goal lead slip twice in a row, first against Grobiņas and then against Metta right away. The positives? Machava ends the season on 30 league goals and Shoretire gave a proper star performance against Spartaks, banging in a hat-trick.

kIykJox.png

Artjoms Laizāns' Management Career - Season Review - 2034 - FK RFS

Virslīga

Results (Mar-May) - Results (Jun-Sep)Results (Oct-Nov)

Competition Performance: Winners

From the moment I walked in I knew we had amazing quality for the league we're in, but I certainly didn't expect to hit the ground running like this! An absolutely ridiculous first half of the season with almost all wins and just the one draw and a dominant second half see us break all sorts of records en route to my first Latvian league title. This team is way too strong.

Latvijas Kauss

Competition Performance: Winners

Only Spartaks were able to give us any trouble. A very comfortable cup win in the end.

UEFA Europa Conference League

Competition Performance: Third Qualifying Round

We dispatched the Armenians before narrowly crashing out to a decent Polish team. One or two better quality players could have made the difference for us there.

Squad (1) - Squad (2)

As strong as we were in the league, I still feel like the squad is very much a work in progress. It's a long term project and many players have a lot of unfulfilled potential. We probably need a couple of improvements here and there to be able to make the European group stages next season, there's also the question of replacing Machava up front. However, I'm most excited about seeing some of those young lads develop.

Transfers (1) - Transfers (2) - Transfers (3)Finances

The sheer numbers of transfers both in and out of the club show how deep we are in the process of rebuilding the team from ground up. I'm very happy with our business this season, pretty much every new player performed according to their expectations and we made a net profit of £1,7M.

Our finances look very healthy, largely thanks to our performance in the transfer market and the money from the European qualifiers.

Player of the Season

1st - Jeremias Machava - when Lizunovs scored 28 goals in the league for Metta last season, I thought it would be a record that would stand long before someone eventually beats it. Step up Jeremias Machava, the sensational striker from Mozambique who banged in 30 at the first time of asking while being subjected to squad rotation and playing around two thirds of the possible number of minutes in the league. What a player, sadly we won't be keeping him for next season.

2nd - Dmitrijs Bitāns - I bloody love this guy, seriously. Last season he was the surprise breakthrough star for Metta and this time he carried on his amazing form, getting into double figures for both goals and assists in the league. He also made his debut for the Latvian national team. His numbers kind of dropped off towards the end of the season though and there was a moment when his attributes started to decline a bit. Hopefully he still has some room to grow!

3rd - Romāns Pakulis - one of the finest products of the RFS academy, Pakulis was already recognised as a star for both the club and the league when I came in and thankfully he lived up to the hype this season. He has fantastic physical attributes for the league and most teams simply couldn't handle him wreaking havoc on the left wing. He's starting to attract some serious interest from abroad, I really want to keep him though.

Next Season

Domestically we have to prove that this season was a show of our true strength and not just a one-off. I also intend to make some quality transfers in order to try and get into the European group stages.

kIykJox.png

Artjoms Laizāns' Management Career - Season Preview - 2035 - FK RFS

Board Expectations:

Virslīga: Win it
Latvijas Kauss: Win it
UEFA Champions League: Not defined

My Expectations:

Virslīga: Win it. Preferably unbeaten.
Latvijas Kauss: Win it.
UEFA Champions League: It's most likely too soon to aim for the Champions League group stage. The Conference League should be within reach though and that's our goal.

Budgets:

Transfer: £6,169,305
Wage: £65,119 (currently spending £50,447)
Balance: £6,702,458

OsoXb3R.png

It only took a year at RFS to attract attention from a much stronger league, namely Belgium. In different circumstances I would probably attend the interview, but at this point I feel there's still plenty of work to do at my current club. Interview declined.

8 minutes ago, Rikulec said:

OsoXb3R.png

It only took a year at RFS to attract attention from a much stronger league, namely Belgium. In different circumstances I would probably attend the interview, but at this point I feel there's still plenty of work to do at my current club. Interview declined.

Interesting job offer, but thankfully, you're managing in Latvia, which you want to keep RFS more formidable as expected. IIRC, Sint-Truiden was owned by Japanese media company DMM.com, which they have produced some Japanese players out there. Maybe, you could have a club affiliation with them instead to ensure that you'll get some players from Belgium and Japan to play in Latvia.

14 minutes ago, sherwinriga said:

Interesting job offer, but thankfully, you're managing in Latvia, which you want to keep RFS more formidable as expected. IIRC, Sint-Truiden was owned by Japanese media company DMM.com, which they have produced some Japanese players out there. Maybe, you could have a club affiliation with them instead to ensure that you'll get some players from Belgium and Japan to play in Latvia.

Interesting piece of trivia right there! Unfortunately I don't think forming such a link is a real possiblity nor that any of their players would like to come play for us.

kIykJox.png

Artjoms Laizāns' Management Career - Pre-Season - 2035 - FK RFS

Friendlies

EpFIeSn.png

A busy pre-season with plenty of goals.

Transfers

w1sjl40.png

We make a slight loss on transfers in preparation for our European campaign.

David Soto - a direct replacement for Pedrinho, I dare say he's a slightly better player.

Andrej Markov - the big money move that also comes with big expectations.

Jurijs Švāns - Riga are going to regret this one! I love the attribute spread on this guy.

Andri Helgason - plenty of potential that we're hopefully going to uncover.

Daniils Rozentals - a proven backup option for the domestic front.

Dan Macintyre - our new starting goalkeeper, a real bargain and an upgrade on an aging Luis Castillo.

Roman Luik - a hopeful punt, he was immediately sent out on loan to see how he develops.

kIykJox.png

Artjoms Laizāns' Management Career - March 2035 - FK RFS

Virslīga

h0MLxLY.png

gx6wHyC.png

We got off to a somewhat shaky start against Valmiera, leaving it late to score two winning goals. Thankfully the Jelgava game proved that everything's going alright. We were also supposed to play Tukums, but that match got postponed due to bad weather. Despite playing one game less we've already scored more goals than anyone else.

kIykJox.png

Artjoms Laizāns' Management Career - April 2035 - FK RFS

Virslīga

yHQzzyK.png

OixI8Rr.png

Oh boy, looks like there might be a bit of a challenge this year! We comfortably beat some weaker opponents, but then dropped two points at Riga after a terribly dire game and lost big to Grobiņas. It's not like they dominated us, we had far more possession and a higher xG, but our finishing was poor and they seemed to score from every chance they created. The hopes of an unbeaten season are gone early this time!

2 hours ago, Hootieleece said:

When your the best team in a limited area sometimes your intakes take a hit. I had only 5 players worth signing this year and only one has hope of ever making the first team.

That's a good point. The intake assessment is always going to be relative to the players I already have, and with Latvia's youth rating it might be difficult to get a prospect likely to break into the first team.

kIykJox.png

Artjoms Laizāns' Management Career - June 2035 - FK RFS

Virslīga

zGuXtS1.png

2QUrxNO.png

That's not acceptable. Respect where it's due, but we should never be losing to Metta. We also needed an injury time winner against Valmiera and failed to beat Grobiņas again.

11 hours ago, Hootieleece said:

Grobinas seems to be your rival this season and putting on a real title challenge.

That's right, they have a decent squad, they're playing brave attacking football and, most importantly, they're consistently beating weaker teams in the league. Could be an interesting season if their wheels don't fall off.

kIykJox.png

Artjoms Laizāns' Management Career - July 2035 - FK RFS

Virslīga

9jOPXdp.png

Tmtyiib.png

Despite the two big wins I really don't feel we're playing well at the moment. We're terribly inconsistent and we've just dropped two more points. We might be top for the time being, but we really need to step up if we want to remain there.

Latvijas Kauss

vUmPftu.png

Another game where we were shaky at times, thankfully our finishing was impeccable.

We've been drawn at home against Auda in the quarter final. The big tie of the round though is Riga versus Grobiņas, which is a great draw because it eliminates one of our two strongest possible challengers.

UEFA Champions League

AlfgPrH.png

On the one hand, this is probably yet another example of our frustrating inconsistency. First we made it an uphill battle by losing at home to Valur, thankfully we did recover and beat them away despite conceding a penalty. Then we destroyed the champions of Azerbaijan, only to lose away after a poor performance. What matters though is that we're through, which means we're guaranteed European football!

We also seem to have got a good draw in the third qualifying round, where we're going to face Bulgarian champions Levski.

Transfers

ElDDCCt.png

really didn't want to lose Shoretire, but he had a release clause and there was nothing I could do. Our accountants will certainly be pleased with the sales!

a65XIiu.png

Three new players in.

Toms Redjko - one of the biggest prospects Latvia has to offer at the moment, hopefully he can live up to the hype!

Musa Olamilekan - we sign another Nigerian on a free with the mammoth task of replacing Shoretire.

João Coimbra - on paper he looks like he could match Pakulis' quality, I'd certainly like him to match the contributions.

kIykJox.png

Artjoms Laizāns' Management Career - August 2035 - FK RFS

Virslīga

0Z5fB89.png

LrpMZmQ.png

Just the two games this month and two confident wins for a change. We're looking a bit more comfortable at the top of the table.

Latvijas Kauss

NLZXZmm.png

A walk in the park.

Tukums at home in the semi final. In their first two cup games they've scored a stunning 16 goals, beating the record we set last season. I guess we shouldn't be underestimating them. BFC vs. Grobiņas is the other semi.

UEFA Champions League

KfscQqw.png

Well, I'll be damned. We only went and qualified for the ****ing Champions League! Moreover, we did so in quite a spectacular fashion. Every single one of these wins was a great performance and a well deserved victory. While I did kind of expect us to get past Levski, I was sure PAOK would destroy us. And here we are, crossing the gate of the promised land. This is a historic moment not only for RFS, but for Latvian football as a whole. We're the first Latvian club to have ever qualified for the Champions League!

kIykJox.png

Artjoms Laizāns' Management Career - September 2035 - FK RFS

Virslīga

Yx0npXh.png

snCmc8R.png

We drop two points and a perfect Grobiņas are hot on our tail. We have a tough run-in as we have two games against them and two games against Riga. Time for our clutch players to step up!

UEFA Champions League

ipQLNdv.png

rbKpBV6.png

If I'm dreaming, please don't wake me up! Two absolutely incredible, unexpected results from two tight, even games. Markov scored the opener on both occasions and Olamilekan chipped in with a goal as well, capitalising on Sevilla's goalkeeper dwelling on the ball for too long. I would have been delighted with just a point from all our fixtures in the Champions League and we have four after just two games! We're making all of Latvia proud with this performance.

Youth Intake

IcAl6ew.png

To add to this great month, we might have a special player on our hands here. He needs tutoring to work on his personality, but other than that he seems perfect for our system.

Andrejs Cirkin