New player team level question

Hello, I am new to FM and wanted to know what level of team I should focus on. So far I have done 2. The SJ Earthquakes in the MLS and Nara, a J3 team.
I thought going for a lower level team made sense considering I dont have much experience and therefore I could make mistakes along the way and learn.

Apparently the lower level team has more to it than I would have thought.

What is a good place for a new player to begin?

Thank you.

Yeah, you're better off with big teams. Better players and more money gives you a lot more margin for error. You don't have to get your tactics perfect because the quality of your players can make up for any issues and you have money to play with in the transfer market so it's easier to improve, or correct mistakes.

Man Utd are a common suggestion for new players. Kind of lacking in success recently so there's still room for them to improve, but they also have a strong starting squad, a very good academy and one of the biggest transfer budgets in the game.

A good starting point is often a stronger team + the highest reputation/coaching badges. There are a couple of reasons for this.

Why to pick a stronger team:

• Better quality players can cover for tactical weaknesses as you learn the game.
  • They usually have better hidden/mental attributes which make them easier to manage/less confrontational.
  • Often times there are better support staff to help with coaching players.

Why highest reputation/coaching badges:

• You get more respect from your players and more leeway. If you need a few games to get to grips with things or have a bad run, its a safety net with the players.
  • The same is also true with the board, if things are going badly you'll have more time to turn it around.