Arsenal - Troubles on the right

I'm managing Arsenal in FM24, and I'm not seeing a lot of productivity on the right hand side.

Screenshot2023-10-23at18_37_15.thumb.png.1f155e1a981c8e939098ce9b4f826c10.png

Only PIs I'm using is White - run wide with the ball  - and Saka - Stay Wider.

Saka is just generally not giving to much in terms of Goals or assist, and despite being meant to cut inside with the ball, tends to run to the line and try and cross on his weaker right foot.

Odegaard is doing OK, he has a few assists (although 5 of them game in one game - Burnley away), but doesn't really interact too much the Saka. Havertz and Martinelli on the other side though are getting much better numbers, Martinelli has 7 in 7 league games - including a hat trick against Chelsea and a brace against Brentford.

I've also tried Saka as a Winger(A) with instruction to dribble inside with the ball, and Odegaard as a Mezzala (both (s) and (a)) but nothing seems to quite click.

Appreciate it's still early in the season and the game, but any help would be great.

P.S. Only using Raya and Ramsdale broke his arm against Chelsea. 

Both roles(CM-A and IF-A) focus on attacking space, so that might be the cause of your problems. I personally really enjoy the MEZ-S and Winger(A) combo, it's been great with Szoboszlai and Salah for me. Maybe the reason it didn't work well with you was Ben White as a WB-S? Since the winger is touching the touchline, the wingback going forward might force him inside onto the mezzala's space. 

Edited by arthurbf10

2 hours ago, gunner86 said:

I'm managing Arsenal in FM24, and I'm not seeing a lot of productivity on the right hand side.

Screenshot2023-10-23at18_37_15.thumb.png.1f155e1a981c8e939098ce9b4f826c10.png

Only PIs I'm using is White - run wide with the ball  - and Saka - Stay Wider.

Saka is just generally not giving to much in terms of Goals or assist, and despite being meant to cut inside with the ball, tends to run to the line and try and cross on his weaker right foot.

Odegaard is doing OK, he has a few assists (although 5 of them game in one game - Burnley away), but doesn't really interact too much the Saka. Havertz and Martinelli on the other side though are getting much better numbers, Martinelli has 7 in 7 league games - including a hat trick against Chelsea and a brace against Brentford.

I've also tried Saka as a Winger(A) with instruction to dribble inside with the ball, and Odegaard as a Mezzala (both (s) and (a)) but nothing seems to quite click.

Appreciate it's still early in the season and the game, but any help would be great.

P.S. Only using Raya and Ramsdale broke his arm against Chelsea. 

The problem is that the IF(a), CM(a) and AF are all trying to run forward and score in a similar area. Add that to the other IF(a) and that's 4 players who will look to score for themselves. You'll struggle in transitions with so many goal scoring runs, and also lack defensive off the ball work to control a game. 

A forward capable of holding the ball will help you out a lot, which Jesus can do excellently.

• I would also look to address the physically weak midfield 3, the two 8's are more like two 10's. A CAR instead of the box to box would give you width on the left hand side for Tomiyasu to invert. Alternatively, you could play Odegaard on the left as a MEZ(a) where he'll also be in wide areas to cross more often. Thomas Partey as the supporting 8 or in the 6 is a much more balanced midfield three (Partey as the 6, Rice does the running in 8, Odegaard is given more licence to create/attack is what I would favor).

Either way, dropping Havertz for someone capable of helping out Rice is a good starting point. Something Arteta is coming to terms with IRL too I think :D

Edited by Cloud9

2 horas atrás, gunner86 disse:

Ok that's interesting. What role are you using at Right Back, and are you finding Salah is getting much in terms of goal involvements?

Inverted wing-back. Trying to mimmick the way Liverpool play IRL, with Trent in the middle.  In 10 matches, Salah has 6 goals and 1 assist, and Szoboszlai has 6 goals and 7 assists in 9 matches.

1 hora atrás, Cloud9 disse:

• I would also look to address the physically weak midfield 3, the two 8's are more like two 10's. A CAR instead of the box to box would give you width on the left hand side for Tomiyasu to invert.

Box-to-box midfielder is one of the roles that trigger rotations in the new match engine. Meaning it goes further up the pitch in order to give space to an inverting wing-back

3 minutes ago, arthurbf10 said:

Inverted wing-back. Trying to mimmick the way Liverpool play IRL, with Trent in the middle.  In 10 matches, Salah has 6 goals and 1 assist, and Szoboszlai has 6 goals and 7 assists in 9 matches.

Box-to-box midfielder is one of the roles that trigger rotations in the new match engine. Meaning it goes further up the pitch in order to give space to an inverting wing-back

If you want to keep that rotation going I'd try out the RPM role for him instead. 

There's some good feedback here already so just wanted to add on. I am playing an Arsenal save as well and have surprisingly won 17 of 18 games in the league so far. I try my best to play the way Arsenal do in real life.

Definitely need to have Odegaard on the ball more, so a support role should work. For most games, I play pretty much the same line up you have except for Zinchenko on the left. Tomiyasu is good in a pinch but his passing and lower composure mean he can be a liability giving the ball away in early build up. Anyway, re: your question, I have Odegaard as a Mez-S sometimes with Saka as W-A with cut inside PI. The rotations this way are great. However there are games where we struggle to get the ball forward so I switch him to an AP-S and that usually helps (plus he's so good that I want him on the ball more). For Ben White, he's usually a IFB-D but I find that, while bringing additional risk, making him a FB-S can work really well and matches some of the stuff we see in real life with him supporting Saka, under/overlapping and playing one touch passes. For trickier games I have Havertz as a BBM but easier games, he's a Mez or CM on attack. 

Side question: how is Havertz performing for you? I have not been able to get any form of consistency with him. Noted, he has been nerfed pretty heavily since FM23.

1 hour ago, odigweg said:

There's some good feedback here already so just wanted to add on. I am playing an Arsenal save as well and have surprisingly won 17 of 18 games in the league so far. I try my best to play the way Arsenal do in real life.

Definitely need to have Odegaard on the ball more, so a support role should work. For most games, I play pretty much the same line up you have except for Zinchenko on the left. Tomiyasu is good in a pinch but his passing and lower composure mean he can be a liability giving the ball away in early build up. Anyway, re: your question, I have Odegaard as a Mez-S sometimes with Saka as W-A with cut inside PI. The rotations this way are great. However there are games where we struggle to get the ball forward so I switch him to an AP-S and that usually helps (plus he's so good that I want him on the ball more). For Ben White, he's usually a IFB-D but I find that, while bringing additional risk, making him a FB-S can work really well and matches some of the stuff we see in real life with him supporting Saka, under/overlapping and playing one touch passes. For trickier games I have Havertz as a BBM but easier games, he's a Mez or CM on attack. 

Side question: how is Havertz performing for you? I have not been able to get any form of consistency with him. Noted, he has been nerfed pretty heavily since FM23.

Also playing as my beloved Arsenal in FM24, it's going pretty well and like you I am trying to play as close as I can to how we set up IRL. I have mostly been using Saka as a W-A like yourself, but the roles around him can change. He's probably been my most consistent attacker, but that might be down to his sheer quality. 

Overall I can't complain too much, we are top joint top and have the best defence in the league after 19 games. However, whilst we also have the 3rd best attack, I'm not entirely pleased with the output. To be fair I have been tweaking a lot as this will most likely be my 'Beta save' and I'm using it to test my Arteta inspired tactic.

I have a couple questions however, how do you/would you set up the left side of the attack? I see Martinelli and Saka's roles to be pretty similar, both hug the touchline and look for 1v1 opportunities. Although Martinelli is more of a threat in behind and can pop up in central positions (like his goal vs Sevilla tonight!) which is why I've tried IW and IF for him too. Then the left 8 role has been troublesome - much like real life I guess.

RE Havertz, I've had a decent output from him and Vieira/ESR from a CM-A, but none of them setting the world alight. I feel to get this to work best, a Winger role for Martinelli makes sense to create space for the CM-A to run into.

I've also not settled on my 'In Possession' instructions thus far. I feel with the pace in the side, I score a lot of goals on the counter and with through balls in behind. But when I try to 'dominate' games by controlling possession, it results in next to no highlights with barely any shots on goal.

Definitely enjoying the new ME, with the new and tweaked roles to enable better positional play, and I feel like I've pretty much nailed the first third (build up), it's after that where I still need some tweaking! 

1 hour ago, Fantasista10 said:

Also playing as my beloved Arsenal in FM24, it's going pretty well and like you I am trying to play as close as I can to how we set up IRL. I have mostly been using Saka as a W-A like yourself, but the roles around him can change. He's probably been my most consistent attacker, but that might be down to his sheer quality. 

Overall I can't complain too much, we are top joint top and have the best defence in the league after 19 games. However, whilst we also have the 3rd best attack, I'm not entirely pleased with the output. To be fair I have been tweaking a lot as this will most likely be my 'Beta save' and I'm using it to test my Arteta inspired tactic.

I have a couple questions however, how do you/would you set up the left side of the attack? I see Martinelli and Saka's roles to be pretty similar, both hug the touchline and look for 1v1 opportunities. Although Martinelli is more of a threat in behind and can pop up in central positions (like his goal vs Sevilla tonight!) which is why I've tried IW and IF for him too. Then the left 8 role has been troublesome - much like real life I guess.

RE Havertz, I've had a decent output from him and Vieira/ESR from a CM-A, but none of them setting the world alight. I feel to get this to work best, a Winger role for Martinelli makes sense to create space for the CM-A to run into.

I've also not settled on my 'In Possession' instructions thus far. I feel with the pace in the side, I score a lot of goals on the counter and with through balls in behind. But when I try to 'dominate' games by controlling possession, it results in next to no highlights with barely any shots on goal.

Definitely enjoying the new ME, with the new and tweaked roles to enable better positional play, and I feel like I've pretty much nailed the first third (build up), it's after that where I still need some tweaking! 

Personally I have used Martinelli as an IF(S) with stay wider as a PI. It could easily be switched to attack if you want him to be a bit more direct.

My interpretation of the team based on tonight would be something like:

GK: SK(S) - Raya

DR: FB(S) - White (Sit Narrower, Run with with ball)

DL: IWB(S) - Tomiyasu

DCR: BPD(D) - Saliba

DCL: CD(D) - Gabriel

DMCR: DM(S) - Jorginho (Hold Position)

DMCL: SV(S) - Rice (Get further forward, dribble more)

AMR: W(A) - Saka (Cut inside with ball)

AMCR: AM(S) - Odegaard (Move into channels, take more risks)

AML: IF(S) - Martinelli (Stay wider)

FCL: PF(A) - Jesus 

I would have Odegaard offset to the right to mirror his position off the ball, same with Jesus offset to the left. I wonder if he’d make more sense as a DLF(A) though as he does drop deep and roam a fair bit but he is always pressing from the front - a tricky one. Could even argue that Martinelli should be on attack and Saka as a support duty.

Anyone else have any thoughts? 

Edited by Gilberto Silva

9 hours ago, Gilberto Silva said:

Personally I have used Martinelli as an IF(S) with stay wider as a PI. It could easily be switched to attack if you want him to be a bit more direct.

My interpretation of the team based on tonight would be something like:

GK: SK(S) - Raya

DR: FB(S) - White (Sit Narrower, Run with with ball)

DL: IWB(S) - Tomiyasu

DCR: BPD(D) - Saliba

DCL: CD(D) - Gabriel

DMCR: DM(S) - Jorginho (Hold Position)

DMCL: SV(S) - Rice (Get further forward, dribble more)

AMR: W(A) - Saka (Cut inside with ball)

AMCR: AM(S) - Odegaard (Move into channels, take more risks)

AML: IF(S) - Martinelli (Stay wider)

FCL: PF(A) - Jesus 

I would have Odegaard offset to the right to mirror his position off the ball, same with Jesus offset to the left. I wonder if he’d make more sense as a DLF(A) though as he does drop deep and roam a fair bit but he is always pressing from the front - a tricky one. Could even argue that Martinelli should be on attack and Saka as a support duty.

Anyone else have any thoughts? 

I think that sounds about right for Martinelli, especially as players make more intelligent decisions in regards to their position and rotations in the new ME - such as holding width for an 8/10 to move into the half space. 

Interesting set up. I've not tried a 4-2-3-1 yet, it would definitely replicate the off ball/pressing shape a lot better than a 4-3-3 but I'm not sure if it's better at creating the 3-2-5 build up? The other reason I'm yet to try it is due to the double DM meaning there isn't a natural place for a Havertz/Vieira/ESR in there since Odegaard is the #10 

However, that is the most accurate representation of the current lineup IRL form the past 3 games (City, Chelsea, Sevilla). 

Jesus is a tricky role. When I watch him play, he screams Support duty to me - he's always dropping deep, both on and off the ball, and more often than not meaning we do not have a presence in the box. Whereas Nketiah, not saying he does not drop deep from time to time, definitely plays more like a traditional #9 - and I'd say a PF-A represents him. Jesus could be a CF-S perhaps? 

The Saka - Martinelli debate is interesting too. I view Saka as more of a creator out of the two, Martinelli is the guy that wants to run in behind and get into goalscoring positions more frequently.

3 hours ago, Fantasista10 said:

I think that sounds about right for Martinelli, especially as players make more intelligent decisions in regards to their position and rotations in the new ME - such as holding width for an 8/10 to move into the half space. 

Interesting set up. I've not tried a 4-2-3-1 yet, it would definitely replicate the off ball/pressing shape a lot better than a 4-3-3 but I'm not sure if it's better at creating the 3-2-5 build up? The other reason I'm yet to try it is due to the double DM meaning there isn't a natural place for a Havertz/Vieira/ESR in there since Odegaard is the #10 

However, that is the most accurate representation of the current lineup IRL form the past 3 games (City, Chelsea, Sevilla). 

Jesus is a tricky role. When I watch him play, he screams Support duty to me - he's always dropping deep, both on and off the ball, and more often than not meaning we do not have a presence in the box. Whereas Nketiah, not saying he does not drop deep from time to time, definitely plays more like a traditional #9 - and I'd say a PF-A represents him. Jesus could be a CF-S perhaps? 

The Saka - Martinelli debate is interesting too. I view Saka as more of a creator out of the two, Martinelli is the guy that wants to run in behind and get into goalscoring positions more frequently.

I think you might be right - Jesus may be more suited to CF(S). Thinking more about it, I also think Saka should be a support role with Martinelli as attack. 

We need an Arsenal thread. 

So I’ve made some changes based on the advice listed and it does seem to be yielding some results. Saka has got a couple of assists but his only goals have come from penalties. I also ended my undefeated run with a 3-2 defeat at Forest. But I blame that on other factors, the goals were a Free Kick, a 25 yard strike after clearing a corner, and a penalty where the foul was definitely 3 feet outside the box.

i will post a screenshot of my latest iteration tonight when I have my laptop.

19 hours ago, odigweg said:

For most games, I play pretty much the same line up you have except for Zinchenko on the left. Tomiyasu is good in a pinch but his passing and lower composure mean he can be a liability giving the ball away in early build up

Zinny is generally first choice but at this point was injured.

19 hours ago, odigweg said:

He’s doing ok. Got a few goals/assists, he does pretty well as a CAR actually as suggested by @Cloud9. He by no means has that position nailed down, ESR and Vieira get a few games there, but Kai is also fairly handy versatility wise.

1 hour ago, Gilberto Silva said:

We need an Arsenal thread. 

Agreed

Screenshot2023-10-25at20_05_54.thumb.png.42e1ed7da7c07f4b7465d2f0b569adf9.png

So this is where I'm at at the moment. Still a work in progress. I am liking the CAR in the left 8 role, but it can leave the team split down the middle on occassion.

Christ this game is rough with injuries though. Missing Saliba currently with a sports hernia.

2 hours ago, gunner86 said:

Screenshot2023-10-25at20_05_54.thumb.png.42e1ed7da7c07f4b7465d2f0b569adf9.png

So this is where I'm at at the moment. Still a work in progress. I am liking the CAR in the left 8 role, but it can leave the team split down the middle on occassion.

Christ this game is rough with injuries though. Missing Saliba currently with a sports hernia.

This looks better than the original you posted, a lot more balance now with White as a FB. I've set up quite similar to this, except I've been using either a CM-A or BBM (Rice plays there vs big teams) in the left 8 role. If you're having issues with the CAR leaving gaps, I'd try a BBM and maybe ask him to 'Move into Channels'. 

I also have Martinelli on Support rather than Attack, but either as an IW or IF - not decided which one is better so far. 

How is Jesus performing for you? In all comps he has 11 goals in 22(4), and a minutes per goal of just 151. Nketiah has a goal every 112 by contrast. I have been chopping and changing his role, either a PF-A, or DLF-S / CF-S if I want him to drop deep and drag defenders away. He just seems to get low ratings, regardless of the role.

I’d love to see how everyone is setting up as Arsenal this year?

I'm really struggling to decide on/develop a tactic. I think it’s as others have mentioned, really hard to balance the midfield without dropping Havertz to the bench.

22 hours ago, Fantasista10 said:

How is Jesus performing for you? In all comps he has 11 goals in 22(4), and a minutes per goal of just 151. Nketiah has a goal every 112 by contrast. I have been chopping and changing his role, either a PF-A, or DLF-S / CF-S if I want him to drop deep and drag defenders away. He just seems to get low ratings, regardless of the role.

Not fantastic to be honest, 7 goals in 16 starts and 3 sub appearances, Eddie not really doing much either, 2 in 17 (although only 6 starts).

So I'm now on V3 which looks like thisScreenshot2023-10-26at21_05_07.thumb.png.3b990de49ccbb84d2c9ab572f8dada06.png

Feels like it's getting there now, injuries are ravaging me, but even with that line up managed to do this:

Screenshot2023-10-26at21_04_36.png.fab8a4936ba36d0f65a2fdc0ffacb833.png

22 hours ago, gunner86 said:

Not fantastic to be honest, 7 goals in 16 starts and 3 sub appearances, Eddie not really doing much either, 2 in 17 (although only 6 starts).

So I'm now on V3 which looks like thisScreenshot2023-10-26at21_05_07.thumb.png.3b990de49ccbb84d2c9ab572f8dada06.png

Feels like it's getting there now, injuries are ravaging me, but even with that line up managed to do this:

Screenshot2023-10-26at21_04_36.png.fab8a4936ba36d0f65a2fdc0ffacb833.png

That's a good result with that lineup! The injuries can be a bit rough, I'm having to rest/rotate a lot more than in FM23 just to keep players fit. Nwaneri is an absolute gem as well btw!

Tactic looks a lot more balanced - actually very similar to what I've been using. How's it going now?

Regarding the Jesus problem...I signed Ivan Toney (for just 48m) in January and he's scored 17 in 16 so far - playing him either as a PF-A or DLF-A. 

I had the same issue with Saka last season. This season he is somewhat better when playing in a very aggressive 4-2-4.   (I'm in my second season at Arsenal) 

But I'm trying to learn him the trait Cut inside from right wing and put him on Winger. 

(I'm in my second season at Arsenal) 

image.thumb.png.711eebccc6c3aa77dc1a7f108f0d3588.png

P.S. he just got injured for 2 months.. 

Tactic second season

My tactic is leaning on Sesko (18 G/A in 12 matchesand Lucca (12 G/A in 12 matches) for the goals. Balogun has a shout as well, having a G/A of 12 in 10 (4 sub appearances) games. 

Although Martinelli last season is wonderfull at the Inverted Winger spot. 

image.png.5c96c793e81a48bb92da47671b5d8375.png

P.P.S. i'm still on FM22. 

Edited by Brian
Edit

This is the tactic I'm using at the moment, and it's worked incredibly well in season two.

The IFB and IWB work very nicely, as expected, as this seems to have been a big focus this year.

Normally, I would never want a player like Havertz as a BBM, but due to positional play, he operates far more like an attacking midfielder. He comes deep to pick the ball up, but gets forward very quickly, and the IWB on the left takes his place in midfield.

The wingers are no longer forced to run down the flanks all the time, so those roles now work well even if the player is 'wrong-footed.' Having played the game for years, it feels wrong not having Martinelli and Saka as IF or IW, but wingers work really well. They choose to stay wide or to cut inside when it makes the most sense.

image.thumb.png.e86b2abd0f234509bdea56c15c8c87e6.png

Year two is almost finished, and looks like this:

image.png.eac224a689ea096d06ca836760d7136f.png

Edited by ryandormer
Removed additional screenshot

On 27/10/2023 at 19:37, Fantasista10 said:

That's a good result with that lineup! The injuries can be a bit rough, I'm having to rest/rotate a lot more than in FM23 just to keep players fit. Nwaneri is an absolute gem as well btw!

Tactic looks a lot more balanced - actually very similar to what I've been using. How's it going now?

Regarding the Jesus problem...I signed Ivan Toney (for just 48m) in January and he's scored 17 in 16 so far - playing him either as a PF-A or DLF-A. 

Tactic is definitely much better. Not that I was getting bad results before but now the play is better too. Saka is up to 10 goals now in all comps (in March).

Beat R. Madrid 4-1 at home in the Champions League 1st Knockout Round with it. Currently 3rd in the league but it's all very nip and tuck with the 2 Manchester sides.

Jesus is still not tearing up any trees, 12 goals in 26 starts and 4 sub appearances. But his hold up play as a DLF(a) is really good so I decided against Toney in January.

11 hours ago, gunner86 said:

Tactic is definitely much better. Not that I was getting bad results before but now the play is better too. Saka is up to 10 goals now in all comps (in March).

Beat R. Madrid 4-1 at home in the Champions League 1st Knockout Round with it. Currently 3rd in the league but it's all very nip and tuck with the 2 Manchester sides.

Jesus is still not tearing up any trees, 12 goals in 26 starts and 4 sub appearances. But his hold up play as a DLF(a) is really good so I decided against Toney in January.

How is Martinelli holding up? And how many assist has Jesus? 

Could work really well with Jesus being the distraction for Saka and Martinelli to score. 

22 hours ago, Brian said:

How is Martinelli holding up? And how many assist has Jesus? 

Could work really well with Jesus being the distraction for Saka and Martinelli to score. 

Martinelli did OK, slowed down on goals after the balance was shifted. But had a lot of goal contributions, as did Trossard who shared that role.

Jesus did not get a lot of assists, but his goal output picked up as the season went on.

Screenshot2023-10-30at18_39_51.thumb.png.9b88eb79841cd2d537c77e220e7f7e2c.png

1 hour ago, gunner86 said:

Martinelli did OK, slowed down on goals after the balance was shifted. But had a lot of goal contributions, as did Trossard who shared that role.

Jesus did not get a lot of assists, but his goal output picked up as the season went on.

Screenshot2023-10-30at18_39_51.thumb.png.9b88eb79841cd2d537c77e220e7f7e2c.png

How did you manage to get so much out of Odegaard?

For me he is getting consistent 7+ ratings, but no goals or assist. 

image.thumb.png.a1481b94974855b12295b02bd6cb3406.png

1 hour ago, Brian said:

How did you manage to get so much out of Odegaard?

For me he is getting consistent 7+ ratings, but no goals or assist. 

image.thumb.png.a1481b94974855b12295b02bd6cb3406.png

He’s nominally the deeper of the 2 8’s and essentially the primary playmaker of the team. And the focus play down the right funnels a lot of the play through him as a Mezzala, so he’s playing balls in the right channel for Saka, or through balls for Jesus and Martinelli.

Also helps that he’s the primary free kick taker and corner taker from the right too.

17 hours ago, gunner86 said:

He’s nominally the deeper of the 2 8’s and essentially the primary playmaker of the team. And the focus play down the right funnels a lot of the play through him as a Mezzala, so he’s playing balls in the right channel for Saka, or through balls for Jesus and Martinelli.

Also helps that he’s the primary free kick taker and corner taker from the right too.

Thanks for the tip. :thup:

I switched Odegaard from CM-su to Mez-su. In the last 10 games he managed to get 8 G/A. Way more than the 7 G/A in 20 matches as a CM-su.

For me Saka works best as an inverted winger. Played really well for me there.

Martinelli was on fire as an inside forward, winning awards at the end of the season.

Jesus wasn’t too bad, ending the season with almost 30 goals I think, but I’m looking to bring in a more lethal striker for his position 

1 hour ago, KamyKaze said:

For me Saka works best as an inverted winger. Played really well for me there.

Martinelli was on fire as an inside forward, winning awards at the end of the season.

Jesus wasn’t too bad, ending the season with almost 30 goals I think, but I’m looking to bring in a more lethal striker for his position 

I’m working on bringing in Ferguson cos Brighton went down so I can get him for ~£35m. 
I guess it depends on what you’re trying to get out of your tactic. But second half of the season, with Saka as a Winger that cuts inside really brought the best out of him.

On 01/11/2023 at 19:41, KamyKaze said:

These are the stats. Reiss Nelson had a great season as well covering both on the left and right for injuries and rest matches

image.thumb.png.0afd6741122d48207c1cc2ac23aaccaa.png

How did you manage to get 10 goals out of Declan Rice?

Am 27.10.2023 um 22:55 schrieb ryandormer:

This is the tactic I'm using at the moment, and it's worked incredibly well in season two.

The IFB and IWB work very nicely, as expected, as this seems to have been a big focus this year.

Normally, I would never want a player like Havertz as a BBM, but due to positional play, he operates far more like an attacking midfielder. He comes deep to pick the ball up, but gets forward very quickly, and the IWB on the left takes his place in midfield.

The wingers are no longer forced to run down the flanks all the time, so those roles now work well even if the player is 'wrong-footed.' Having played the game for years, it feels wrong not having Martinelli and Saka as IF or IW, but wingers work really well. They choose to stay wide or to cut inside when it makes the most sense.

image.thumb.png.e86b2abd0f234509bdea56c15c8c87e6.png

Year two is almost finished, and looks like this:

image.png.eac224a689ea096d06ca836760d7136f.png

Interesting take. Any individual instructions that matter? I like the use of two wingers, i think that's the way to go. It kind of screams CF(s) as the striker, I wounder how this would work.