u21 games being played with older players

I am playing Man U and we have both under 21 and under 18 teams. Every week it asks for suggestions for the teams. I just use the auto selector considering I am not really focusing on those teams.

Why is it that the ranks are not only being filled by players that are OVER 21, but the matches happen with no penalty or stoppage because of the age of the players?

Maybe I am not understanding the rules of the U21 matches?

Thank you

22 minutes ago, MalkavianRaven said:

I am playing Man U and we have both under 21 and under 18 teams. Every week it asks for suggestions for the teams. I just use the auto selector considering I am not really focusing on those teams.

Why is it that the ranks are not only being filled by players that are OVER 21, but the matches happen with no penalty or stoppage because of the age of the players?

Maybe I am not understanding the rules of the U21 matches?

Thank you

Maybe there are allowences for over 21 players . I know in the editor you can make a certain amount of players available who are over 21 .

If you check the rules, in some leagues you are allowed to have a number of players over that age. So in the case of the U 18 for Man U, I think you are allowed 2 players on the u 18 team that are over 18 but born before a certain fate.

Edited by Damedius