Criticising player training performance

That seems like a change from previous versions. I'm playing FM23 and they always accept it. I don't do the same player back to back though. I'll only criticize him once until I have criticized someone else though and only do after the training reports. I don't check up on their training all the time.

1 hour ago, hickey8 said:

I'm finding that pretty much every time I criticise my player's poor performance in training they tell me that they disagree, even though their rating is in the red and below 6.7, this even happens with youth players

What's your manager reputation. I start lower than low and so can't criticise anyone for anything to start with.

8 hours ago, Damedius said:

That seems like a change from previous versions. I'm playing FM23 and they always accept it. I don't do the same player back to back though. I'll only criticize him once until I have criticized someone else though and only do after the training reports. I don't check up on their training all the time.

Yeah same here

8 hours ago, phnompenhandy said:

What's your manager reputation. I start lower than low and so can't criticise anyone for anything to start with.

I started at United, reputation says 3 stars so that could be it / half the squad being divas

I would try an experiment.

Start a new game same team but with a manager or you as a manager with a lot more experience. At a similar point time wise for the same player try the same and see if the result differes.

As others have said Ive never had a player kick-off when Ive said something about poor training in FM23 but Ive always used the softly / softly approach (arm round shoulder). If you dont maybe try that option. Normally the funny response I get is praising a player who then says our standards differ

Seems like it's tied to player personality (i.e. hidden attributes such as professionalism) in FM24. There're a few players in my team whose personalities aren't ideal, and they are the ones that reacted poorly to the criticism.

While it makes sense from a realistic pov, professionalism is already one of the most important stats in the game so I'm not sure if I find it good for the game.

5 hours ago, Scamander said:

Seems like it's tied to player personality (i.e. hidden attributes such as professionalism) in FM24. There're a few players in my team whose personalities aren't ideal, and they are the ones that reacted poorly to the criticism.

While it makes sense from a realistic pov, professionalism is already one of the most important stats in the game so I'm not sure if I find it good for the game.

It's a combination of player personality and manager reputation (together with actual training performance).

I'm doing a 'fun' save with myself starting on all attributes of 1, with a squad of players with starting CA of 1 but high hidden attributes. They won't accept criticism from me at the start, but gradually come to accord me some respect, so long as I don't push it.

Career is here ANDY McNESSIE – the worst manager with the worst team in history