German club's B team

I've started an FM24 beta save with 1860 Munich. Managed to get them in the Bundesliga after 4 seasons and upgrade youth and training to a superb level along the way. The B team doesn't play in a playable league but I have fully staffed it and sometimes when I can be bothered I will arrange friendlies. Is it worth having players in there? Will they develop even if they don't play any competitive games?

I have some really good youth players who are getting 18-19 years old. Soon they will be too old for under 19's and not good enough for the first team. I struggle to loan them out too.

I find the German B teams (or II) teams very frustrating when they're not in a playable league.

I'm in the same boat playing as Hamburger SV in FM 23. I'm not sure how exactly it works. Some of the players are Match fit and have heavy game loads. So apparently it simulates games they play but you can't find a record of it anywhere. They should have a stacked team and probably be promoted. Both because Hamburger SV has a good youth program and the team looks stacked for the league they would be playing in. The players don't seem to develop at all so I'm not sure what exactly is going on. It seems like a lot of smoke and mirrors to me.

Edited by Damedius

Yeah it's ok when the B teams play in the playable league. I also think B teams not in a playable league cant move into one. 

Screen shot show a young player I signed on a free. His stats for the B team are great and has progression arrows are on the up. My under 19's staff are better than the B team's so would I be better moving him back down?

I suppose it's the same of loaning a player to team not in a playable league?

2.jpg

1.jpg

I've tried loaning him but no one is ever interested. It's the same with all my decent 18-19 year olds. I'm just going to move everyone to the B team an see what happens. I'll just make sure the staff are decent.