Surviving in League One

If you are fighting against relegation then you only need to be better than 4 teams in the league, so the best way to go about this is to have two gameplans. One for when you are playing someone you are expected to lose to, so park the bus, hoof it long and hope that maybe, just maybe, you can nick a draw or even a win.

Then, when you come up against your relegation rivals, you have to go after the three points with a more aggressive approach, but be ready to revert to the defensive philosophy to close out matches after you've taken the league.

I don't know enough about lower league English football to offer any more than that vague advice, especially seeing as you haven't provided any information on your tactics or current plan.

On 30/10/2023 at 08:34, Nessaja Wolf said:

I would be looking at getting team reports of the local bigger clubs U21s squads and try to bring in Man U/Man C/Liverpool/Everton youngsters on 'no contribution' wage loan deals.  

I mean I've got United as my senior affliate

30 minutes ago, hufcpaul said:

With the squad and money Stockport have, you shouldn't be struggling.  

Well he is, and it's actually quite refreshing to hear that. I'm sure just what he needed was a picture of your over-achievement. 

Edited by Dagenham_Dave

On 28/10/2023 at 21:51, thefmveteran86 said:

I've created a new save with Stockport (regretted removing my first save on FM24) won promotion again and am currently 22nd October in my second season and now 21st thoughts on how to save my season?

StockportCounty_Overview-3.thumb.png.99646ef5a086b3e39ade6335ae83b6e2.png

First thing you should do is that you should play Isaac Olaofe over Kyle Wootton as your starting striker. Wootton has 2 goals.

Kyle Knoyle is also not performing and I would probably try to get younger keeper. I suspect his agility (which I rate very high for keepers) is terrible at 36.

3 hours ago, xkvicd said:

First thing you should do is that you should play Isaac Olaofe over Kyle Wootton as your starting striker. Wootton has 2 goals.

Kyle Knoyle is also not performing and I would probably try to get younger keeper. I suspect his agility (which I rate very high for keepers) is terrible at 36.

But obviously Ben Hinchliffe has been immense irl but obviously that's a lot of pressure in-game

On 30/10/2023 at 08:12, DarJ said:

My strategy which is risky is to spend most of my wages on the best 11 I can find then fill out the squad with just bodies that are cheap and hope I don’t get long term injuries 

Don't forget you can have up to 5 loan contract players. With patience and good scouting you can find good players for free, some teams does doesn't demand cover a share of wages.

I just promoted Torquay to Vanarama National and I have 5 loan players on my squad for free. Some are starters and others are very solid backups