Locker room revolt

So I'm managing Juve. First half of the season things are going great. Surprisingly in first at the first transfer window. 

I transfer out Perin because he's old and I want to sign a young striker to backup and eventually take over. 

Danilo gets pissed that I dont have a quality backup and makes me give a promise that I wil sign one. I had already planned on doing that. 

However the entire squad side with him and gets pissed even before the transfer window is closed. 

Cheisa now won't sign a mega contract I offered him and wants to explore his options even though he lists Juve as a favorite club. (i know that doesnt mean everything)

This whole thing seems a bit ridriculous. Shouldn't I get more than a couple weeks to bring in Perin's replacement? It's not like we had zero backup GK's on the squad. 

Unfortunately this is the case with many of these interactions. In FM 23 a player got mad because I signed a new player. Got mad because he was worried about playing time. He then proceeds to complain to the team. Have to hold meeting to address it. Luckily they all backed down when I said I had to manage the whole team. However I was this close to a mutiny just because I signed a new player.

I'm not really sure what SI thinks that these interactions add to the game. I'm not sure why they don't improve them and give you more options to deal with these situations, like putting the player on the transfer list if he isn't happy where he is.

I personally think that a lot of this actually takes away from the game as whole, both because they aren't realistic in how they play out and the frequency with which they occur.

Edited by Damedius

Almost every single version people complain about the interactions being annoying, unrealistic, etc. 

SI never seemed to care.

Instead, they've decided to add even more of them (afaik I can tell anyways) in this version.

At this point you simply have to assume that someone on the dev team is a huge fan of them for whatever reason.

This is the first edition of FM I've ever had major issues with interactions. In previous games, there have been disputes to deal with, but they have mostly been organic and logical (even if some of the responses aren't), but this year has been ridiculous. It's like walking on eggshells every week with your players. Definitely needs toned down a couple of notches. 

On my current FM24 career I had a player complaining about lack of depth on central defenders when I was few points away from being champions and grant promotion. I hired a new central defender on loan because I no wage budget available and the player was mad with me because I break the promises. Sometimes the player behaviors doesn't make sense, but I never lost control of them squad

Yeah I had that with Salah at the very start of the season. Stupidly I made a promise that the youth will improve, despite not having anyone decent! I did sign some, he eventually was happy but still wouldn't sign a new contract. Saudi's offered $100,000,000 so I sold him, which then angered Van Dijk, Alisson and a few others. Fun stuff :lol:

I almost always start a save with minimum coaching badges and playing experience. I wonder if these two combined are contributing factors leading to dressing room revolts. I'm almost certain they play a big role when interacting with players. 

One new addition I've recently encountered was a board meeting, where the chairman demanded I dropped a specific player due to bad form etc, however this said player was our best forward. I dropped him for almost a month, I began to ease him back in, 3 months prior to our little Board meeting they sacked me for not following orders 🤷🏻‍♂️

41 minutes ago, FM'd-BRO said:

I almost always start a save with minimum coaching badges and playing experience. I wonder if these two combined are contributing factors leading to dressing room revolts. I'm almost certain they play a big role when interacting with players. 

One new addition I've recently encountered was a board meeting, where the chairman demanded I dropped a specific player due to bad form etc, however this said player was our best forward. I dropped him for almost a month, I began to ease him back in, 3 months prior to our little Board meeting they sacked me for not following orders 🤷🏻‍♂️

Could be. Because although I am in a primera federacion team (3rd div spain) I have all badges and licenses, and have 0 problems with the locker room into my 2nd season. 

makes me wonder if it happens to others because their coach is “underqualified” for their jobs while im probably “overqualified” at mine. 

20 hours ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

This is the first edition of FM I've ever had major issues with interactions. In previous games, there have been disputes to deal with, but they have mostly been organic and logical (even if some of the responses aren't), but this year has been ridiculous. It's like walking on eggshells every week with your players. Definitely needs toned down a couple of notches. 

but they have been improved, they specificly said so!

Honestly at this point i just might revert back to FM21.