ESC - Work Permits

I have explored this route a couple of times with my current club. I signed a centre mid during January that wasn't able to gain a work permit so granted him an ESC place - Played him in as many matches as I possibly could (I'm sure it still fell below the requirement of something like 75% of matches played) however he could still have an ESC place the following season, but I lost one ESC contract (Went from 4 to 3). However when it came to applying for a new work permit after the 2nd allocation of his ESC contract he was then given a full work permit despite not having gained any international appearances.

Still don't fully understand how it all works. But happy to play around with it and take advantage of being able to sign players that would normally have been rejected.

• 3 weeks later...

Just think of it as slots for people who wouldn't get a work permit, everyone in the football pyramid gets at least 2. In game they don't seem to have any of the requirements they have in real life, I assume they've simplified the whole idea due to lack of definition surrounding certain terms.

On 25/11/2023 at 19:35, BamBamBam said:

How does this work?

I signed a player that didn't get a work permit. But it mention i had 2 ESC slots. How does this player get this?

After the work permit appeal fails, you get asked if you wish to sign them anyway and allocated them an ESC slot. They can only hold an ESC slot for 1 year after which you automatically apply for a work permit again.

From what I can tell, and I might be well off here, if you sign a player that fails to get a work permit but given an ESC place, if you play them for the necessary amount of games during the 1 year ESC period, then when you apply for a work permit, there is a higher chance they will get the work permit and free up that ESC place.  Had a player from Jordan come into my Harrogate team and he had to have an ESC, but after a year he got the work permit.  Did help he was also getting picked for the Jordanian national team, but they are not a top 50 nation  so don't think that helped much. 

Also, the higher the league, the more ESC places you get.  Sure I had 2 in League 2 and now have 4 in the Championship.

• 4 months later...

I signed a player who was refused  WP and there wa no ESC places available in my team 

however when selling a player who did have a ESC    That ESC becam available 

how do I issue to player who is in limbo