Upgrading your Assistant Manager: 4x more expensive $$$

I have the budget to improve my staff. My current assistant coach Sampaio makes $252k USD/year. I'm grateful he helped me grow the team but I feel he's a bit under-skilled for what I need (As the runner up at La Liga, I qualified Cadiz for the UEFA Champions league and want to do even better next season).

The job candidate Joao Sacramento wants $800k/year but is far more skilled, as you can compare below.

Would you swap Sampaio for Sacramento as your new assistant manager, even as he's 4x more expensive? Why?... Thanks.

image.thumb.png.62e4de40910c40c457c5ebe8b747dcd2.png

2 hours ago, phd_angel said:

Would you swap Sampaio for Sacramento

Depends on what I want him to do. At lower league clubs I need my assman to be a good coach as well as a good assistant; at higher-level clubs that's not so much an issue. Looking at the above, as a pure assman there's not much to choose between them, but Sacramento is a much better coach.

I'd probably go for Sacramento but only if the club could afford him and we don't have to pay a fortune to get rid of Sampaio. As an additional general rule, I hate paying huge severance fees to get rid of staff.

What you’re really paying for there is the reputation.

In terms of what he brings, he will, like @warlock says, be a better coach, and his higher DDM will make him more effective at it. As a rule of thumb, unless I inherit someone with terrible attributes, I tend to review my staffing at the end of contracts, so as to save at paying them off, as you’re generally only going to see marginal gains anyway unless you’re smashing up through leagues.

If Sampaio is approaching the end of his deal, and you can’t find someone as good or similar as Sacramento for less, then yeah, I’d take the plunge, otherwise keep your powder dry for a while.