Can I remove VAR?

Womaz

Ok so I detest VAR in the real world. For me it’s ruining my live match day experience and I have to stop myself celebrating a goal .

So I would like to remove it from fm if possible . Can this be done in the editor ? And if so is it simple ?

2 hours ago, Womaz said:

Ok so I detest VAR in the real world. For me it’s ruining my live match day experience and I have to stop myself celebrating a goal .

So I would like to remove it from fm if possible . Can this be done in the editor ? And if so is it simple ?

It can be done. For it to work you need to remove VAR from the competitions (Competitions tab, look up every competition with VAR and start removing those things). I would advise to remove goalline checks as well then.

Next to that you need to remove it from the competition rules, which can be done via Advanced Rules. For national competitions that's not a problem. For international rules, both club and nation teams, it's a bit more work. I have done the removal on national rules previously (previous FM) and it's a bit of work, but it can be done. Never done it for international rules since I usually remade them for my own work.

38 minutes ago, Wolf_pd said:

I would advise to remove goalline checks as well then.

I actually like the goal line technology because it works! Am I right in thinking removing VAR wouldn't remove goal line technology unless you actually untick the goal line technology tab? 

Edited by \'Appy \'Ammer

21 minutes ago, \'Appy \'Ammer said:

I actually like the goal line technology because it works! Am I right in thinking removing VAR wouldn't remove goal line technology unless you actually untick the goal line technology tab? 

Removing VAR shouldn't have an impact on goal line technology.

2 hours ago, themodelcitizen said:

Do they ever get VAR wrong in the game? They used to have "wrong" offside decisions just to mirror real life a bit. Don't miss those :mad:

Yes, there are instances where VAR messes up. Beardpulling irritation.

Hi there. I've been trying to figure out VAR for a few days now, and finally managed it (another thanks to Wolf too).

I've been able to successfully remove VAR from (I think) every possible competition English teams can play in, including European comps. Goal-line tech remains.

The only exception is the Club World Cup because it was failing the rules test, however I'm not certain it uses VAR anyway.

Hopefully it's useful for you. :)

The file is for what suits me, I don't manage international teams, so I've not tinkered with World Cup and European Championship stuff etc.

No VAR.fmf

Edited by Reedo

17 hours ago, Reedo said:

Hi there. I've been trying to figure out VAR for a few days now, and finally managed it (another thanks to Wolf too).

I've been able to successfully remove VAR from (I think) every possible competition English teams can play in, including European comps. Goal-line tech remains.

The only exception is the Club World Cup because it was failing the rules test, however I'm not certain it uses VAR anyway.

Hopefully it's useful for you. :)

The file is for what suits me, I don't manage international teams, so I've not tinkered with World Cup and European Championship stuff etc.

No VAR.fmf 53.67 kB · 0 downloads

Excellent , thank you. I have copied this.

I assume it will only work in a new save?

On 11/11/2023 at 16:53, Womaz said:

Totally agree . VAR has ruined most sports now . It's become a nuisance in Football and Cricket and takes the excitement out of the game . 

8 hours ago, alian62 said:

Totally agree . VAR has ruined most sports now . It's become a nuisance in Football and Cricket and takes the excitement out of the game . 

I’ve had a season ticket at Newcastle for 41 years , so I’ve put up with Mike Ashley asset stripping my club. And I still renewed year after year . VAR may be what eventually stops me going. It’s ruining the live match day experience 

16 hours ago, alian62 said:

I can see the value of it, but it is executed so poorly in football. I go to Dutch First Division (second level) and they have no VAR. It does mean some frustration when you can clearly see the ref miss something, but at least you are not watching the field for 10 minutes, not having a clue what the hell is going on.

23 hours ago, Wolf_pd said:

I can see the value of it, but it is executed so poorly in football. I go to Dutch First Division (second level) and they have no VAR. It does mean some frustration when you can clearly see the ref miss something, but at least you are not watching the field for 10 minutes, not having a clue what the hell is going on.

In the last 3 games irl ive seen my team concede two goals that should've been offside, penalty not given and a penalty given against us that's contentious

i still don't miss VAR 😂