players consider their options.

I believe that to much players indicate their intention to consider their options very early in the preparation phase. Some of these players even arrived at the club this season and signed a one-year contract. What are your thoughts on this?

As an example, I've been two weeks into my MSV Duisburg save. Alexander Esswein and Phillip Konig are already indicating their intention to consider their options. However, they just arrived at the club this summer and haven't played a single match yet. That doesn't seem entirely appropriate, does it?

Edited by Quickzz

35 minutes ago, Quickzz said:

@RHKC @wearesporting those players i’m talking about signed a month ago by the club in real life. July in-game they already consider their options… This has nothing to do with playtime or whatever

I started a new job last month too, and I'm already wondering if I made the right choice haha! Maybe raise it in the bug forum if you feel the need to :thup:

After 1 season I've only had 1 player consider his options and it was a 31 year old who was probably too good for my club anyway.

I have nine of my players - first team players - "considering their options" right now. Some of them will not exipre until after next season, though. But to be fair, at least in FM23 most of those players who considered their options signed a new contract  in the end anyway.