The game is completely broken

ru9a

Just now, greenz81 said:

I’m overachieving because the AI is not working as it should be. Subs not being used correctly for example! Seriously man, no need to back SI to the hilt, people can experience bugs you know!

I'm not backing anyone. Record numbers are playing the game this year, they've passed milestones in 8 days it took them months to achieve last year. That simply wouldn't be the case if the game was 'broken'. You can't just cite your own save, and the mad hyperbolic ramblings of the other crazy cats on here as evidence that nothing works.

There are bugs in the game, no-one is denying that, but the culture in here is such that the severity of these bugs gets magnified to ridiculous levels where some people will moan and stamp their feet without having actually played the game. 

4 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

I mean, you only have to look at this very thread's title as evidence that people on here are completely insane at times :D

The game is broken by definition when you have headline features that aren't working because of previous broken code. Subs and squad rotation isn't a new issue, hence the headline feature...

EA, despite releasing a broken Madden game for over 20 years and allegedly using new code, fans still play.

Edited by Mars_Blackmon

1 minute ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

I'm not backing anyone. Record numbers are playing the game this year, they've passed milestones in 8 days it took them months to achieve last year. That simply wouldn't be the case if the game was 'broken'. You can't just cite your own save, and the mad hyperbolic ramblings of the other crazy cats on here as evidence that nothing works.

There are bugs in the game, no-one is denying that, but the culture in here is such that the severity of these bugs gets magnified to ridiculous levels where some people will moan and stamp their feet without having actually played the game. 

Basing it in game sales doesn’t mean the game is working as it was promised!
With McDonald’s being the most popular takeout in the world, does that mean it’s not bad for you either!

I am merely saying long term saves are not working like previous editions. Im overachieving because the game mechanic is not working like it should. This years edition is the easiest I have ever experienced. I’m not saying it’s game breaking! I am merely suggesting to players who get into long term saves to hold off in its current state.

21 minutes ago, Mars_Blackmon said:

The game is fine. Don't use subs yourself until the 85th-90th minute or not at all to match the AI...

There are tons of ways to not play the game like it was meant to be played to get a fun challenge.

/

I swear some of you guys sound like y'all are in a cult lol.

Didn’t realise it was sarcasm at first 😂

but it’s true, for every 5 negative comments, one of the ‘cult’ pop-up with denials a bug even exists!

Edited by greenz81

Just now, Mars_Blackmon said:

The game is fine. Don't use subs yourself until the 85th-90th minute or not at all to match the AI...

There are tons of ways to not play the game like it was meant to be played to get a fun challenge.

This is the most sense I've seen you write yet.

8 minutes ago, greenz81 said:

Im overachieving because the game mechanic is not working like it should. This years edition is the easiest I have ever experienced. I’m not saying it’s game breaking! I am merely suggesting to players who get into long term saves to hold off in its current state.

The world doesn't revolve around you, you know. 

Personally, I'm finding the game way more difficult than the last few editions. But then I'm not managing in England. 

I find it hard to believe you are overachieving because of a perceived broken game mechanic. You've always been able to win successive promotions in the English league system, because there's not a massive difference between the quality of the teams (in game anyway) from League 2 to the Championship as real life English league players are massively overrated. And then by the time you get to the Premier League, where the real challenge should begin, you're showered with ludicrous amounts of money. It's not the game being broken that makes it easy to manage in England nowadays. It's how it is. 

10 minutes ago, greenz81 said:

but it’s true, for every 5 negative comments, one of the ‘cult’ pop-up with denials a bug even exists!

Please quote the post where I denied any bugs existed, and be VERY specific about this. 

I mean, it's almost as if you're proving my entire point for me. 

Just now, Dagenham_Dave said:

The world doesn't revolve around you, you know. 

Personally, I'm finding the game way more difficult than the last few editions. But then I'm not managing in England. 

I find it hard to believe you are overachieving because of a perceived broken game mechanic. You've always been able to win successive promotions in the English league system, because there's not a massive difference between the quality of the teams (in game anyway) from League 2 to the Championship as real life English league players are massively overrated. And then by the time you get to the Premier League, where the real challenge should begin, you're showered with ludicrous amounts of money. It's not the game being broken that makes it easy to manage in England nowadays. It's how it is. 

I had 5 other league saves going on. Dynamo Dresden, nordsjælland fc, Hamburg and Amiens. Unless I’m some tactical genius, which I am not, I was breezing through the leagues. Breaking club winning streaks, sometimes the league! So no, it just not to do with the English leagues!

3 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Please quote the post where I denied any bugs existed, and be VERY specific about this. 

I mean, it's almost as if you're proving my entire point for me. 

Where did I mention you?

2 minutes ago, greenz81 said:

I had 5 other league saves going on. Dynamo Dresden, nordsjælland fc, Hamburg and Amiens. Unless I’m some tactical genius, which I am not, I was breezing through the leagues. Breaking club winning streaks, sometimes the league! So no, it just not to do with the English leagues!

Oh, how convenient. 

So let's recap, you not only have your English save on the go, but FIVE others where you have been, and I quote, 'breezing up the leagues', all since the game came out a couple of weeks ago. 

All in a game you won't play because you perceive it to be 'broken'. 

Uh-huh. 

4 minutes ago, greenz81 said:

Where did I mention you?

How convenient, part deux. 

1 minute ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Oh, how convenient. 

So let's recap, you not only have your English save on the go, but FIVE others where you have been, and I quote, 'breezing up the leagues', all since the game came out a couple of weeks ago. 

All in a game you won't play because you perceive it to be 'broken'. 

Uh-huh. 

How convenient, part deux. 

I’ve had the game longer than two weeks! I’ve had it since early access. So Ive played the game for about 3 weeks in total. I haven’t played the game since just after release due to the issues not being fixed. I have a job where I can work from home and have a lot of time to play the game. It’s basically the only game I play, as it allows me to multitask.

And I will say again, I didn’t mention you. Check my posts and you can see who I’m on about. But if you basically admitting you are part of that ‘cult’, there is nothing more to say 

4 minutes ago, greenz81 said:

I’ve had the game longer than two weeks! I’ve had it since early access. So Ive played the game for about 3 weeks in total. I haven’t played the game since just after release due to the issues not being fixed. I have a job where I can work from home and have a lot of time to play the game. It’s basically the only game I play, as it allows me to multitask.

You're an interesting case study, that's for sure. 

Plays the game in beta, has around six saves on the go, for what I can perceive would be a minimum of around 8/9 seasons, judging by the 'breezing through the leagues' comment. In a game you think is 'broken'. 

If I was being cynical, I'd suggest you were happily playing the game (I mean, 8/9 seasons in three weeks...) until you started reading about issues on here. Then you start to think about this too much to the point it consumes you and you can't play anymore. Don't let it get you down though, it's what this place does to people. I've been here over 10 years, I've seen better men than you crumble into quivering wrecks by the end :lol:

They are just people that can’t play fair or understand that nothing is perfect and you have to adapt to stuff and try your best to have fun with it 

mostly min max people that ruin any game they touch and whine in every single game and wonder why all is wrong but them

4 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

You're an interesting case study, that's for sure. 

Plays the game in beta, has around six saves on the go, for what I can perceive would be a minimum of around 8/9 seasons, judging by the 'breezing through the leagues' comment. In a game you think is 'broken'. 

If I was being cynical, I'd suggest you were happily playing the game (I mean, 8/9 seasons in three weeks...) until you started reading about issues on here. Then you start to think about this too much to the point it consumes you and you can't play anymore. Don't let it get you down though, it's what this place does to people. I've been here over 10 years, I've seen better men than you crumble into quivering wrecks by the end :lol:

Do you understand the point of early access? Check my history, I had reported bugs. I reported bugs hoping on release day majority of them would be fixed like others. And did I say I had completed seasons for every club? MK Dons was my longest save. The others I would get until Feb normally, just after the first transfer window for me because I always disable the first. And when I play the games, they are not in tandem, they are one after another. I’ve been on these forums since 2003 and seen how it’s really changed. So taking all the information I’ve just given you into account, I do think I know what I’m on about 

22 minutes ago, Ngoc said:

They are just people that can’t play fair or understand that nothing is perfect and you have to adapt to stuff and try your best to have fun with it 

mostly min max people that ruin any game they touch and whine in every single game and wonder why all is wrong but them

There’s perfect and there’s things working as promised. We all play our version of how the game is to be played. I want to play FM24 how I played FM23

14 hours ago, busngabb said:

Most players start the game and make a raft of signings, of players they know or suspect will be future wonderkids. I've seen people posting "the game is too easy, I'm second with Everton in the second season. I bought Zaire-Emery, Endrick, Nusa, Scalvini, Colwill, Barco, Fresneda, Schjelderup, Roque and Leonardo". And you can do stuff like that. In reality, none of those players are signing for clubs outside the Champions League unless there is a compelling reason, i.e Brighton picking up the odd wonderkid due to their reputation as a stepping stone club. Not only would the players not join the club, the club itself would never sanction such risky expenditure from a rookie manager. Even as a club like Man City, they might let you sign one or two of those kind of players, but not 6/7/8/9 over 12 months etc. There would be so much more difficulty getting those deals sanctioned. First season as manager, sign 8 wonderkids, all in future fees? No problem in the game.

Agreed! This would be relatively simply to improve I think. Increasing a demand for shorter conrracts relative to your club reputation, demands for minimum fee release clauses for higher rep clubs, and adding "use club as a stepping stone" would be a good place to start.

20 hours ago, busngabb said:

This thread and the inverse one quoted above where someone is struggling happen every year with every release. I generally wait until the New Year for the update for everything to settle down.

But the threads are vital in my opinion. I just cannot see how Football Manager can continue to exist without difficulty levels. For experienced players who can understand the match engine, the game is far, far too easy. Even for inexperienced players, download a tactic from the internet and you can win the league most years, if not all. The real issue at the core of this is the transfer market and the power the manager has in the game.

You have limitless power to do whatever you want in the game. Sack the entire staff and hire 5* staff (Relative to the club's level) across the board? Okay. Abuse future payments to spread your £30m budget into a £120 million one? Fine. Write off the impact of that debt by just making sure your club is bought out? Fine.

Most players start the game and make a raft of signings, of players they know or suspect will be future wonderkids. I've seen people posting "the game is too easy, I'm second with Everton in the second season. I bought Zaire-Emery, Endrick, Nusa, Scalvini, Colwill, Barco, Fresneda, Schjelderup, Roque and Leonardo". And you can do stuff like that. In reality, none of those players are signing for clubs outside the Champions League unless there is a compelling reason, i.e Brighton picking up the odd wonderkid due to their reputation as a stepping stone club. Not only would the players not join the club, the club itself would never sanction such risky expenditure from a rookie manager. Even as a club like Man City, they might let you sign one or two of those kind of players, but not 6/7/8/9 over 12 months etc. There would be so much more difficulty getting those deals sanctioned. First season as manager, sign 8 wonderkids, all in future fees? No problem in the game.

To make the game more realistic for experienced players, transfers should be made more realistic. I.e elite level transfers are almost impossible to complete without 6 months to a year of negotiations behind the scenes. A high number of signings should also not be permitted. The transfer strategy should be defined when the manager is hired and kept to, i.e 'The club feels it needs two signings to compete, a midfielder and a young striker with potential'. You should then not be allowed to go and sign 4 wonderkid fullbacks as it's just ridiculously unrealistic and easy to achieve. Alternatively, unless you've done very well at a club, most of the transfer strategy and actual targeting of players should be done by the club and imposed on you. No way the Chelsea manager is choosing his own signings for example. That would also ramp up the difficulty and realism several notches.

Grate post 

12 hours ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

The AI can only use preset tactics, therefore it's more of an even playing field. If I create a completely new tactic, there's always the risk the AI can't keep up with it. Although I don't agree with difficulty levels, one thing SI could introduce as an option to tick at the start is whether to allow the user to be able to create their own tactic or have to stick to one of the presets. 

I see where you're coming from. Building tactics is something I enjoy though. Will continue to build tactics from scratch but I will limit myself to the 11 available formations in game. Hopefully that will be a compromise that will keep the game from getting easy.

p.s already ran into problems. Wanted a 4-1-4-1 defensive formation but its not in the game so had to settle for the less than ideal 442.

7 minutes ago, SPE3D said:

I see where you're coming from. Building tactics is something I enjoy though. Will continue to build tactics from scratch but I will limit myself to the 11 available formations in game. Hopefully that will be a compromise that will keep the game from getting easy.

p.s already ran into problems. Wanted a 4-1-4-1 defensive formation but its not in the game so had to settle for the less than ideal 442.

Remember the AI can change formations in-game and also change up the roles within those formations, so you can do the same (if you're limiting yourself in this way). You can manipulate a 4-4-2 relatively easily into a 4-1-4-1 system with the correct combination of roles and player instructions, whilst keeping the base formation so as not to 'break' the AI. 

It would be great if one day SI could code the AI into developing their own distinct formations away from what's available in the base game, but we're not there yet. 

I do feel lost with this game, I won't mention the obvious glaring error with press conferences and the questioning, we all know how bad it is and I'm going to disable it. 

Ashley Young came to me about his playing time and wouldn't accept being a back up option. He then said he needs to think about the next step in his career. He's 38.