[HELP!] Conditional picture based on text string

GIMN

Good afternoon you lovely people,

I have an idea.  An idea for which I lack the skill to achieve, and so I call upon you, the wonderful Skinning Hideout, to ail me of my troubles.

I would like to incorporate value_based_pictures or custom classes into my staff profile to show something specific based on a text string.  For example, if the staff member prefers a "Balanced" mentality, I would like an image that represents that, but a different image should their preference be "Attacking" or "Cautious".  See image below for reference.

image.thumb.png.25722f8eed7a2b671e58f71eb8f265d7.png

In the past I've had joy with manipulating numerical values, but none whatsoever with text strings.  Has anyone had any luck either converting certain strings into numerical database values, or creating rules based on specific text values?

Or...maybe you haven't ever tried before, but you've got an idea that might work!?  Any help would be appreciated!

I have previously used a text based class to tell me what the numerical database value is.

For the text based class:

<class class="textstringnum" parent="text" multiline="true" font="text" autosize="all" alignment="left" appearance=""/>

If you then call this class as a widget it will show you the text number string.

<widget class="textstringnum" alignment="left,multiline" auto_size="vertical">
                            <record id="object_property" get_property="nppm" />
            </widget>

Hope this is helpful and works for you!

3 hours ago, johnwalker said:

I have previously used a text based class to tell me what the numerical database value is.

For the text based class:

<class class="textstringnum" parent="text" multiline="true" font="text" autosize="all" alignment="left" appearance=""/>

If you then call this class as a widget it will show you the text number string.

<widget class="textstringnum" alignment="left,multiline" auto_size="vertical">
                            <record id="object_property" get_property="nppm" />
            </widget>

Hope this is helpful and works for you!

That's fantastic, thank you.  Now to build a table of all the possible entries!!

With that in mind, these are my findings, for anyone for which this will be useful.  It is worth noting that I have put the boundaries so they overlap (1-5 is probably 1-4.9999999, but whole numbers are cleaner):

TACTICAL PREFERENCES

MENTALITY
Value Label
1 - 5 Very Cautious
5 - 8 Cautious
8 - 13 Balanced
13 - 15 Adventurous
15 - 20 Attacking

PRESSING STYLE
Value Label
1 - 7 Less Often
7 - 14 Balanced