Crybabies and wages.

After 2 consecutive promotions with Wrexham all I have been dealing with are crybabies. Mullin wanted a stronger squad and gathered the team around me, I had to comply which lead to the next problem, not being able to renew any contracts because there simply isn´t a wage budget allowing it.

I can pay around 10-15k Euros a week in the Championship for a player and they won´t play for that regardless of importance, had to let half of my team go upon promotion and signed other players on a free transfer, still havn´t bought a single player. The board really hasn´t invested a lot and selling players with a large database seems impossible, have only succeeded in getting rid of a few players using an intermediary.

All in all it´s been an experience of people constantly wanting new contracts, probably due to the back to back promotions and a struggle to avoid crybabies.

I have 8 wanting new contracts now, Mullin is gone by summer and can´t sell him, my players aren´t attractive, not even for free. 3 times already with 14 matches played they have gathered around me wanting new contracts for their team mates ... but there is one thing I can´t tell them:

:- SORRY LADS, THERE IS NO BLOODY MONEY!!!!! .... Why can´t we tell them this at the squad meeting?

2 hours ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Players don't care whether the club has the money to pay them or not. They either get what they want or they move on elsewhere. It's how it works in the modern world, player power is king. 

Sure! But said player goes to a new club with halve the wage and in a division perhaps higher, but as an impact sub. 

Moreover, Who has seen the documentary knows that in Mullins case, he is at Wrexham because of his family. 

3 hours ago, Brasilia88 said:

Sure! But said player goes to a new club with halve the wage and in a division perhaps higher, but as an impact sub. 

Moreover, Who has seen the documentary knows that in Mullins case, he is at Wrexham because of his family. 

I think the loyalty attribute needs to play a stronger role here. If the player is very loyal, they shouldnt make demands of the club, unless theyre being severely underpaid. It needs to be implemented

I have mentioned this on another thread, the responses for you as a manager just aren't good enough if player happiness is this volatile. To the point above just having an option of something like 'I would love to give you more money but the club just doesn't have it' rather than just confrontational responses would help. Then dependent on the loyalty, professionalism of the player would dictate their responses - some might still be annoyed and want to leave whilst others should understand and knuckle down. Right now it seems you either have an option to cave in to their demands (which is in this scenario isn't an option at all) or go nuclear and upset half the team.

Whilst I fully understand that AI and interactions are not easy to implement sometimes the obvious answer just isn't there and that is just very frustrating.

9 hours ago, SPE3D said:

I have to be honest when I first saw this thread I thought it was another whinge but you make a fair point.

SI said they'd added 2000 more replies so you'd think what you're complaining about would have been addressed.

It´s not, there is no way to tell players that you have the lowest wage budget in the league and they are welcome to request a transfer, you wish to keep them but the finances simply do not allow for higher wages. It´s nothing against the players themselves, if they are good enough they should get a contract elsewhere.

The problem is that in FM you can rise through the leagues quickly and players don´t access their own "worth". It means that you can have a 2 star player demanding ridiculous wages because they find themselves in an "upper league", they request a transfer or get unhappy and that situation about "own worth" is only resolved when they get to a new club, often at much lower wages.

I kept a central defender at Wrexham because he is influential, he is not demanding first team football but does get to play more often than he really should, he is just not under any circumstances championship material. He just requested 15k and I have to let him go, he is already earning far more than he will at any other club along with 3 other players.

One example of wage weirdness and FM is full of them :

Charlie Goode is in my championship squad where he demanded 22k a week to sign a new contract, in real life he is at Brentford playing for 8k a week. He is a good Championship player but another I have to let go, I simply can´t tell him that the club doesn´t have that kind of money.

Wages are completely broken this year. By my second season, I was already spending 3 times my first season's wage budget, despite not getting European football and the league's level being unchanged.

In my current season, the 4th in-game, I'm on a 320k/week wage budget. Champions League participation doesn't even cover my yearly wages anymore! Every player I talk to demands 3-20 times what they're earning!

Don't get me wrong, I understand that some random African/South American wonderkid is entitled to ask 40 times their $600/week wages, but having players with 6-7k/week in wages ask for 70k(!!!!) to join my club is making progress nigh-impossible! I have to sell half my team every season because they ask for 80 grand a week to renew their contracts!

7 minutes ago, potbellypigs said:

Off the back of this, the said player will then go and sign for someone else on half the wages he was already on...

I think that´s because the player gets "reset" and goes back to what is normal. I wrote above about that, players just ask for more ... a lot more than they are worth and you cant really haggle that.

These are Charlie Goode´s demands, in real life he is at Brentford at 8k per week.

I just have to give up the game .... can´t do it. This is not a young guy and has only gotten worse since I got him.

wages.jpg

Edited by AurioDK

Whether he's on 8k at some other club in real life is completely irrelevant. In your universe, this screen shows he's currently on £21.5k a week and is now looking for around 37k. You've not even started to negotiate this with the agent yet. That could come down. 

And then with careful negotiation, you could probably get that down to somewhere around the 30k mark. 

If you don't want to pay that for a 30-yr old, or can't afford it, then don't. Move him on. That's what the game is all about. I daresay you weren't moaning about realism when you got back to back promotions with Wrexham :rolleyes:

As someone else said on another thread, it feels like people want absolutely ZERO obstacles in their way in this game.