Will my player still gain Club - Homegrown status?

I'm halfway through my third season at Arsenal and have Prestianni in my u-21 team. He isn't good enough for my first team so I want to loan him out but I also want him to gain Club - Homegrown status. At the moment it is December 2025 and he will gain Club - Homegrown status on 28/06/2026 (in 184 days). He is still only 19 and turns 20 on 31 January. 

My plan is to loan him out at the end of the winter transfer window for half a season so he would then re-join my team on 01/07/2026. This would leave 215 days before he turns 21, which is more than the required days to become Club - Homegrown status.

Would this work or do the days to become Club - Homegrown status need to be consecutive?

Thanks

12 hours ago, j_t_87 said:

I thought the HG status age is 21???:confused:

I don't know if you can find the rules in legalese anywhere, but the official wording is between 15-21, which according to precedent can be interpreted as including some part of if not the whole year the player is 21. For the longest time that meant as long as a player arrived before they were 19 in FM you were good. In recent years the cut off date almost seems league dependant despite this being a UEFA thing. 18,5 is the oldest I've been able to go and always have it work still. 

Edited by trviggo