[FM24] - Building A Nation - Hungary

R7LHJ

Hello all.

I've decided to join the forum after many years reading in the background. 

FM24 is the first cycle ive ienjoyed in what seems an absolute age - i wanted to get my teeth further into it and step way outside of my confort zone whilst doing so; hence, this thread is born.

Im going to be attempting to build the Hungarian footballing nation into the top rated side on the Coefficients Table. Hungary currently sit 24th with England occupying top spot.

Ive started out with the poorest manager profile i can as i work my way through the leagues and indeed, my coaching badges.

fm_XmEuvmgLEB.png.3efd2f1a45a28dd4e6137d2546c31432.png

Ive decided to take over Pecsi Mecsek Futball Club and this is for no reason what so ever, i jsut liked the name, kits and stadium name - Club Info :)

Some details of the club form the begininning of the save;

Main Squad - doesnt look too bad on the whole, im going to look to add some depth. We definately need a LM!

Under 19s - Zalan Gera looks the pick of the bunch and its currently on loan to someone in my league.

....and as im playing in Real World mode, some future transfers

Across the club, my main focus will be on the facilities as well as my finances. Theres not alot of money in the bank, so we will be reliant on free transfers and loans initially, theres wiggle room in the wage budget fortunately. As time goes by, we will look to improve all the facilities as they come in at Average or Below Average

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Id love to interact with as many of you as possible and will take as much advice as possible so please, feel free to comment :)

Edited by R7LHJ

• R7LHJ changed the title to [FM24] - Building A Nation - Hungary

Good luck with this.

Hungary has the most ridiculously lax foreign player rules which means you can pick your players from far and wide. But on a 'building a nation' level if you're trying to be mainly home-grown, it's ironic that you'll be trying to succeed whilst working in virtually the opposite way of most Hungarian clubs. There are a few decent players that might help you along but it won't be easy if you're aiming to do it with locals.

1 hour ago, DomD said:

Good luck in Hungary!

Thank you!

1 hour ago, Jogo Bonito said:

Good luck with this.

Hungary has the most ridiculously lax foreign player rules which means you can pick your players from far and wide. But on a 'building a nation' level if you're trying to be mainly home-grown, it's ironic that you'll be trying to succeed whilst working in virtually the opposite way of most Hungarian clubs. There are a few decent players that might help you along but it won't be easy if you're aiming to do it with locals.

Yeah good points, something to keep an eye on. Thank you for posting.

I was going to post both a mid and end season review but now realise, that in order to keep interest in this thread, im going to have to move to bi-monthly updates. I can then review the season as a whole after each one.

I'll post an update at the end of December but for now, heres the preview to my Youth Intake.

fm_BClYEeOqhq.png.78559f75efa54e01cffd2fb2cb7a5be0.png

Doesnt get me that excited but we will wait what the first intake of the save has to offer us!

Edited by R7LHJ

fm_XmEuvmgLEB.png.30e4c72d1dc3c99694d5e62979d64b3b.png

Pecsi Mecsek Futball Club

2023/24 Season: November & December

fm_ycIDPoLl7B.png.36ea483395d9c3e6e2803342e1f3a63a.png

fm_JV5c68ezwI.png.d851a37e521d4ec01f97ffca0119e799.png

A solid start to the month of November saw us dismantle MTK Budapest (from the league above) in the Cup. Was disappointing to drop points against Szeged 2011 but we dusted ourselves down. Really sad to see a 13 game unbeaten run come to  an abrupt end against BFC Siofik, especailly given thier league position - a missed penalty costing us dear. 

Overall im made up to be sitting in the promotion places, considering we only own 1 of 5 league games in August. Vasas are in our sights and we know what we have to do.

Special mention to Kristof Toth-Gabor, after the winless run un August, we moved to a 4-2-3-1 and gave this man sole responsibility of getting us some much needed goals. He came through and so far, has scored 21 goals in the first hlaf of the season. I just need to keep the Prem teams at bay as the dreaded 'Wnt' symmbol has popped up!

Overall, we need to keep momentum and continue to bloood some youth in, i aim to have a age cap og around 26/27 bar some specially selected mentors.

Thanks for reading :)

Discussion point;

I've absolutely smashed my finances to pieces due to a slight error.... Ive pressed the 'do not show this message again' button when being asked if i want to spend ~£1.6k on a scouting report. This has then led me to just hitting 'scout' on every report thats come through.

Ive spent about £100k on scouting to date! My initial budget was only £15k :D Hopefully it pays for itself, hopefully.....

Edited by R7LHJ

25/2/24 - In-Game

I said i wanted to keep hold of Kristof Toth-Gabor but he agreed a pre contract with prem side, MTK Budapest. We've now seen the last him in a Pecsi shirt, guys damaged his spine and will miss 6 to 7 months. 23 goals in 20 (3) appearances, cheers for the memories Kristof!

fm_lB5e6k9UhB.png.ae26adc5b408431d8bbc9f62c50c4a37.png

Edited by R7LHJ

The Class of 2024

I was expecting very little from this years intake, especially after the preview we saw earlier.

That said, GK is where im lacking so im pleased to see 2 come through, with Roland Farkas being the pick of the bunch. Obviously, time will tell if anyone comes good, they are only 15 years old atm.

The other 3 players are Matyas RetsagiJonas Lukacs and Ivan Terbe

fm_fyax8Z9cfO.png

fm_XmEuvmgLEB.png.ae4ab64c8bcd6e009d7d99773a6e2980.png

Pecsi Mecsek Futball Club

2023/24: End of Season Review

League Performance - Predicted to fisnih 5th in the pre-season review, we surpsassed all expectation by going on to become League Champions at the first time of asking! We're off to the OTP Bank Liga!

fm_y8WGFGZbH8.thumb.png.e78b0e4e0bc1456f465d370e6625514e.png

fm_XmEuvmgLEB.png.4df932a06cbd6bd04aed32c25c4e1ad6.png

Mid Season Update - 2024/25

fm_lM9VeK86BV.png.698e1e38da382039e6429d0841495de3.png

fm_InTdpvGXtf.png.2f5453742541ea9d053c27d1993a07a5.png

fm_rdANj0wg7H.png.0c47f6116f0a350be6d31aac32499f97.png

With the bookies giving us no chance having us favourites to be rock bottom of the league, im obviously delighted with how we are looking right now! Ferencvarosi are a whopping 10 points clear, they are the big boys of the league, currently sitting with a cool 6 million in the bank (compared to my 1.2m). If we can keep plugging away, im quielty confident we could qualify for Europe in only our first top flight season. 

Big performer so far is the beast, Sambou Sissokowho has just been amazing for us, didnt join us until we were 3 games into the season but has since produced 12 solid performances in the league and has a average rating 7.63 in all comps.

We now on the winter break so plan is to scout about for a few potential free signings for this window and shorlist prepping for next summer.

Edited by R7LHJ

As we appraoch the final month of the season (and a seperate update), i wanted to share the matches we had after the winter break. This too coincided with last nights update....fm_OBiIVBOvKe.png.08bb072ea3c6d150cd6e2c3ba5fb8a58.png

I had so many injuries to contend with too.

Was it the update? Did we just simply not recover after the winter break?

Edited by R7LHJ

fm_CSMpcPHnCu.png.3e30397a1d7567e6e587e865c2cc1f90.png

fm_uxFM3MZNDn.png.660dba790289788a47b57c5d47835824.png

A better April has seen us still, somehow, right in the running for the European spots coming into the final 4 games of the season. We could do with MTK Budapest losing thier game in hand - we play the already crowned champions, Ferencvarosi next :rolleyes:

Edited by R7LHJ

On 01/12/2023 at 16:45, R7LHJ said:

fm_CSMpcPHnCu.png.3e30397a1d7567e6e587e865c2cc1f90.png

fm_uxFM3MZNDn.png.660dba790289788a47b57c5d47835824.png

A better April has seen us still, somehow, right in the running for the European spots coming into the final 4 games of the season. We could do with MTK Budapest losing thier game in hand - we play the already crowned champions, Ferencvarosi next :rolleyes:

We absolutely blew them away and the European dream is very much on, 3 to go, its in our hands! 

fm_y8rapPTnGr.png.0ca8fa28d97f10117dfa1a35b93dd150.png

fm_2tW2pJcPo1.png.bdb6820d613179bbf84baba836dd144c.png

Closing this save/thread due to an error with finances, poor posting here and a saving error.

Time to let JLAB continue the good work in Hungary, i'll be back - with an Irish twist.... ;)