Can 1 database make a big difference on loading screens?

Hi,

I have some troubles with long loading screens in a custom Dutch database (down to level 10). It seems to take ages to go to september. Yesterday, it took about 70 minutes to process 1 day. It is a very small database with about 11.000 players.  Is this easy to fix or not?

On the other hand, i have my England save with 17 levels active, including Eredivisie, Ligue 1, Bundesliga, Serie A and La Liga. In that save, I have short loading screens. The only difference is, that this is an FM23 save.

My question is: Can the difference really be this big, of is the Dutch database the gamebreaker? It's this database: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=3092124767 where i have the long loading screens.

Amateur football is massive. Your custom DB has literally thousands of teams and is way bigger than a database with only the top competitions from a couple nations. So, while the player number is initially low because the game only has players for the first couple Dutch leagues, the amateur divisions that you are adding to the game have literally hundreds of teams, that then need to be populated and will be playing hundreds of matches every Saturday and Sunday. In reality it is a way bigger database than your FM23 one.

Just think about it, most top leagues have 18 or 20 teams. The Dutch Amateur divisions you've added have hundreds of teams and you have multiple of these leagues.

But in my other save, i have 20 levels of English football active, but still that save is much faster than my Dutch save with only the 10 levels of the dutch league.

Surely the English league is much bigger than the Dutch league?

So for now, the only option is to promote to 3rd class and dismiss 4th class? 

Not sure what makes the English database different, but in my experience any lower tier databases slowed down the game severely due to the sheer number of clubs that each additional tier adds at that level. You could try having a look at game detail settings are to see if the game is trying to simulate too many games using the full ME or something, but other than that I can't help you.

I'm doing a test run for a future save right now.

First, I loaded up an ENGLAND to L12 database along with Scotland to L13. Then I added all players of 47 nationalities (not including England and Scotland).

The holiday test was super-slow, unplayable.

Then, I removed the England file and just loaded to Vanarama Regional. Without changing anything else, the number of players and staff in the db was reduced by 50%, and of course the number of divisions to calculate was down by, I dunno, over 90%?

Holiday test is purring.

Yes, an England lower league database is massive. I didn't expect the number of personnel to double, though.

I have no idea about a Dutch LL database, but the Scotland one is fine because each of the lower levels  (i.e. 7-13) has only a few divisions, whereas each English lower tier has dozens and dozens.

6 hours ago, phnompenhandy said:

I'm doing a test run for a future save right now.

First, I loaded up an ENGLAND to L12 database along with Scotland to L13. Then I added all players of 47 nationalities (not including England and Scotland).

The holiday test was super-slow, unplayable.

Then, I removed the England file and just loaded to Vanarama Regional. Without changing anything else, the number of players and staff in the db was reduced by 50%, and of course the number of divisions to calculate was down by, I dunno, over 90%?

Holiday test is purring.

Yes, an England lower league database is massive. I didn't expect the number of personnel to double, though.

I have no idea about a Dutch LL database, but the Scotland one is fine because each of the lower levels  (i.e. 7-13) has only a few divisions, whereas each English lower tier has dozens and dozens.

I've always wondered...

Say if I were to load up a L12 English database, but only still play with the standard levels as ''active'' does this still impact on speed? (Obviously not as much as playing all 12 levels as active leagues, but compared to no db)