[FM24][MOD] Backroom Refurb v0.3 Released 15/12/2023

ohmegamega

Wonderful! In my case I had to change the 3D dressing rooms in intro panel because the FPS were terrible even with a top tier PC, don't know why unfortunately When I reset the settings it's fixed but afterwards the problem comes back. If anyone have the same problem let me know!

14 hours ago, ohmegamega said:

My objective is to make these rooms more modern and sleek.

It's a great idea. A suggestion, you say? Well, us lower league managers whose clubs play in fields have to put up with terracing all round that doesn't exist.  It would be lovely if the dressing room looked not modern and sleek, but the absolute opposite, a rusty old shed!

13 hours ago, TCSSkin said:

Brilliant work!

Thank you

20 minutes ago, phnompenhandy said:

It would be lovely if the dressing room looked not modern and sleek, but the absolute opposite, a rusty old shed!

I absolutely love this suggestion. I was going to work on the lowest tier dressing room today anyway so I will make it happen and update here

• snowofman changed the title to [FM24][MOD][WIP] Dressing room refurb
6 hours ago, alexmorak said:

Wonderful! In my case I had to change the 3D dressing rooms in intro panel because the FPS were terrible even with a top tier PC, don't know why unfortunately When I reset the settings it's fixed but afterwards the problem comes back. If anyone have the same problem let me know!

I've been having the same issue myself, huge lag in just the intro panel. 
UI and 3D engine runs smooth.

1 hour ago, john1 said:

Wow! Love this!

Thank you very much :)

Update: Medium dressing room

Inspired by the dressing rooms at the Cherry Red Records Stadium (AFC Wimbledon)

Updated the original post with up to date preview images

Video showing changes from vanilla

If anyone has any suggestions or constructive criticism please let me know as I am now almost ready to release this mod

Edited by ohmegamega

18 minutes ago, giglet13 said:

Really nice work, its only a small snapshot in time loading the game but helps alot for them to be improved like this!

Thank you!

This mod actually works everywhere the dressing rooms appear in game, so you see it during team talks as well as when creating/editing a manager, as you can see here:image.thumb.png.db8bf172290c969564b529e16c50db19.png 

image.thumb.png.d7b334028911635e05bdbafa58db1a8f.png

image.thumb.png.7cedeb109f75b1fa0367ba8fe13e3806.png

Edited by ohmegamega

I have just released the Beta for this mod.
Download here

~ Installation
1. Extract the "art" folder from the archive and put it in Documents/Sports Interactive/FM24/
2. Restart FM24

If you guys would be kind enough to install this mod and let me know how you get on with it that would be really helpful, I'd love to see some of your screenshots!

I don't believe there are any issues, but if you find any please report them here and I will fix them before final release

Thanks for looking

2 hours ago, DamienQilBormliz said:

Love it! 
Nice job brother :D

Thanks for trying it out, it looks really cool with your custom kits and tracksuit.

I have now started work on the team meeting room and will work my way through all the rooms in the game, do you guys think I should make each room a separate mod or widen the scope of this mod to include all rooms? 

17 hours ago, ohmegamega said:

Thanks for trying it out, it looks really cool with your custom kits and tracksuit.

I have now started work on the team meeting room and will work my way through all the rooms in the game, do you guys think I should make each room a separate mod or widen the scope of this mod to include all rooms? 

I'd widen the mod. Keep it all in here and make it a killer mod.

• ohmegamega changed the title to [FM24][MOD][WIP] Backroom Refurb
On 10/12/2023 at 07:34, SPE3D said:

I'd widen the mod. Keep it all in here and make it a killer mod.

I agree. I have updated the top post in this thread to reflect this change.

Next up will be the Team Meeting rooms... stay tuned

Edited by ohmegamega

1 hour ago, SPE3D said:

Installed your mod but the skin I'm using has an image they have used instead of the changing room scene. What file do I need to delete from the skin in order to see your mod working?

I'm really not sure, sounds like the skin itself overwrites the dressing room, which skin is it? I can take a look

1 hour ago, phnompenhandy said:

All look great. Is there a way to select/change the background images?

I'm not sure what exactly you mean here, could you explain please?

1 hour ago, DamienQilBormliz said:

Indeed another game changing screen you managed to edit!

thank you :)

Edited by ohmegamega

1 minute ago, phnompenhandy said:

I mean you've got meeting rooms with chairs in a circle, chairs/desks in a row, chairs with no tables - can you choose from a selection, and change so you're moving to different rooms?

I see what you are asking now. The room that is used is tied to the club facility levels, In the pictures above Dortmund has the large room, S-Pulse has the medium and Accrington has the small.

I don't think I could make it selectable in game but it would be quite simple to overwrite rooms with the other sizes if you preferred one of the styles. I will probably release these rooms tomorrow so if you tell me exactly what setup you're after and for what room size I should be able to make a small patch with that effect,

1 minute ago, ohmegamega said:

I see what you are asking now. The room that is used is tied to the club facility levels, In the pictures above Dortmund has the large room, S-Pulse has the medium and Accrington has the small.

I don't think I could make it selectable in game but it would be quite simple to overwrite rooms with the other sizes if you preferred one of the styles. I will probably release these rooms tomorrow so if you tell me exactly what setup you're after and for what room size I should be able to make a small patch with that effect,

Could you just put a bunch of pictures in a folder, and the player can drop the desired one in the right place (you'd need to give simple instructions)?

2 minutes ago, phnompenhandy said:

Could you just put a bunch of pictures in a folder, and the player can drop the desired one in the right place (you'd need to give simple instructions)?

Yeah I'll do that for you when I release these rooms, as I say I aim to release it tomorrow :)

On 09/12/2023 at 14:20, ohmegamega said:

L

Spoiler

3 hours ago, ohmegamega said:

I'm really not sure, sounds like the skin itself overwrites the dressing room, which skin is it? I can take a look

I'm not sure what exactly you mean here, could you explain please?

thank you :)

Thank you. It's the cheetah skin. What's the file called that shows the dressing room?

54 minutes ago, SPE3D said:

Thank you. It's the cheetah skin. What's the file called that shows the dressing room?

There isn’t really one specific file exactly, this mod overwrites the default models, which then contain pointers to the custom textures. I’ll have a look at the cheetah skin tomorrow and see if I can figure out where/how it is changing the model pointers to try to create a workaround

54 minutes ago, ohmegamega said:

There isn’t really one specific file exactly, this mod overwrites the default models, which then contain pointers to the custom textures. I’ll have a look at the cheetah skin tomorrow and see if I can figure out where/how it is changing the model pointers to try to create a workaround

Thank you appreciated.

21 hours ago, phnompenhandy said:

Here are the instructions to replace various different team meeting rooms with other versions included in this mod.

1. Install the mod
  2. Go to Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2024\art\environments\team_meeting_room\models
  3. You will see 3 files, meeting_room_large.sia, meeting_room_medium.sia and meeting_room_small.sia
  4. Copy and rename these files accordingly, for example to move the large room into the small room slot make a copy of meeting_room_large.sia and rename it to meeting_room_small.sia, overwriting the original
Edited by ohmegamega

26 minutes ago, ohmegamega said:

Copy and rename these files accordingly, for example to move the large room into the small room slot make a copy of meeting_room_large.sia and rename it to meeting_room_small.sia, overwriting the original

I've downloaded and installed the folder. I don't get this last bit. What's the "small room slot"? I'm a small lower league side and would use the small room mod.

Cheers

13 minutes ago, phnompenhandy said:

I've downloaded and installed the folder. I don't get this last bit. What's the "small room slot"? I'm a small lower league side and would use the small room mod.

Cheers

If you're a small lower league side it should automatically use the small room, so you can likely get away with not doing any fiddling with files. The save you uploaded a screenshot of was using the small dressing room so I think this should be the case.

But to answer your question, the game uses the large, medium or small room models (.sia files) depending on your facilities. So if you want to use a room that doesn't match up with your facilities you need to replace the .sia file that your facilities match up with with the model that you wish to use. Hope that is more clear!

• ohmegamega changed the title to [FM24][MOD][WIP] Backroom Refurb v0.2 released 12/12/23!
  • ohmegamega changed the title to [FM24][MOD] Backroom Refurb v0.2 Released 12/12/2023

The only problem that I've found and it's not your fault, it's with the bad teams dressing rooms. It's too bad, with mud on the floor. Many times my game shows these dressing rooms when I'm playing away against good teams, ex. teams from Ligue 1 like Monaco(!).

I suggest to rework it a little maybe with a very bad concrete floor with some mud on it perhaps.

4 hours ago, alexmorak said:

The only problem that I've found and it's not your fault, it's with the bad teams dressing rooms. It's too bad, with mud on the floor. Many times my game shows these dressing rooms when I'm playing away against good teams, ex. teams from Ligue 1 like Monaco(!).

I suggest to rework it a little maybe with a very bad concrete floor with some mud on it perhaps.

Thanks for the suggestion, I didn't really take into account that teams as large as Monaco would use those dressing rooms as well. I will update that floor texture in the next release to make it less dirty.

Here are some previews of the next room I am working on, the Boardroom!

l new.jpg

m new.jpg

s new.jpg

21 hours ago, ohmegamega said:

Something has gone wrong with your install there mate, some of the objects are messed up. I've dropped you a message

21 hours ago, keysi said:

Before & after

A.C.PerugiaCalcio_TeamMeeting-2.thumb.png.06ac6176e538006da3d15635b0d1ce5d.png A.C.PerugiaCalcio_TeamMeeting.thumb.png.757e04d26848d17a308050d35dd3e211.png

I made a mistake and placed the folder with textures elsewhere, this is how it should look after @ohmegamega's support ;) 

image.thumb.png.aeccce009c62d9e7a772b29a548b81ed.png

• ohmegamega changed the title to [FM24][MOD] Backroom Refurb v0.3 Released 15/12/2023