'Real world' database number of players crunched down alot

Started a new save with about 20 leagues. Noticed that the numbers of players in 'real world' database went down from about 130k players to 80k in the last patch for the same setup now. Like the number of players this database setup had in FM23.  Tried to search the patch notes and forums but couldn't find the answer to what happened here. Anyone know what happened? Thanks in advance!

Edited by Dreambuilder

57 minutes ago, EdL said:

We fixed some issues where too many players were being retained by default in this mode

Thanks for the feedback :thup: To my joy we can now have database setups with the same number of players but 50% more leagues :D For the first time I load 41 leagues, almost all top divisions! :)

On 20/12/2023 at 06:51, phd_angel said:

I'm no statistician but I feel that 20,000 players is more than enough to play in the transfer market and never see the same player again...

Not sure. Like 19900 gonna be crap or inconsistent etc. The you got 1000 clubs fighting for 100 players. I’ve found a sweet spot now between immersion and game speed at 100k players from around 20 leagues and custom data from all continents. All international players from all continents + players from clubs in cups. That sweet spot is with the latest i9 cpu.

20k ive tried. Another problem with 20k is lack of good staff. When you increase your scouting knowledge it gets better atleast. So hire staff with knowledge of nations that you didnt have knowledge in :)

6 hours ago, Dreambuilder said:

Not sure. Like 19900 gonna be crap or inconsistent etc. The you got 1000 clubs fighting for 100 players. I’ve found a sweet spot now between immersion and game speed at 100k players from around 20 leagues and custom data from all continents. All international players from all continents + players from clubs in cups. That sweet spot is with the latest i9 cpu.

20k ive tried. Another problem with 20k is lack of good staff. When you increase your scouting knowledge it gets better atleast. So hire staff with knowledge of nations that you didnt have knowledge in :)

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. 100k is probably optimal, specially when loading 20 leagues. I think it all depends on how many nations and leagues are loaded. Sometimes I play global (50+ leagues), sometimes I play regional (e.g., 10 playable plus 20 view-only leagues). In the global scenario, 100k players seems to be a decent size. For regional, I think 70k is more than enough.

:thup: